shit you hate

RedFoxxworth

eating a kebab and having kebab flavoured burps for a couple of years afterwards

bathroom conversation or even acknowledgment of other people

I feel like I'm the only person who will deliberately wait in the stall until others have left. as compared to all these fuckers that seem to be in a wiping race to exit stall and say hello first, wtf

bathroom conversation or even acknowledgment of other people

I feel like I'm the only person who will deliberately wait in the stall until others have left. as compared to all these fuckers that seem to be in a wiping race to exit stall and say hello first, wtf

if i'm takin a shit and someone walks in i'll lift my feet up so nobody can see my shoes

No it's not, it's just a funny picture. I understand calling image macros a meme, or anything else like that. 

A cap of WWF/WWE is no more a "meme" than one of Seinfeld, the Sopranos or pretty much anything else.

meme- an element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, esp. imitation.

Sure this definition is mostly ambiguous but those reaction images are by definition a meme.

It's not mostly ambiguous, that's so fucking vague. It's a total cop-out, by that definition the introduction of new colloquialism are memes. When someone calls me a wog, it's not a meme. 

I think a more fitting definition would be something along the lines of "internet-user curated/created content that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another" - with some sort of comedic element. But I don't think a simple cap of a WWE match is a meme. If it was like image macros of the Edge, or HHH, or whatever wrestler is relevant these days, that popped up and people started making their own and putting it all over the web, I'd consider that a meme. 

When i think memes the first things my mind go to are those images captioned by black and white text and any of those poorly drawn black and white reaction faces (feels guy, forever alone, etc. is there a name for those?).  Those are the "memes" that I can't stand but i do enjoy a good reaction gif from time to time

meme is a fairly old word. recently it's increasingly starting to be used in isolation to describe an internet meme, ie demotivational posters, rage guy comics etc (to the point where dictionaries are including a new definition) but I guess at its basic level a meme is just an idea communicated between people within a culture, whether a country or a group of sadguys on the internet. it's generic as hell as a definition

anyway, enough of the semantic discussion on internet gifs

how conceited people are with themselves and their abilities. i don't go out much (i'd prefer to be holed up, working on something) but last night, after a dinner (a close friends birthday dinner with some of her friends) we went to a bar. and it's a bar where the sort of people who would like to believe themselves as people who have a creative output or would believe themselves to be tastemakers, congregate. people who are cool, as they would believe. 

as much as people would say they don't seek attention, they do. people seek connection and understanding, that is attention in itself. so they project themselves a certain way in hopes other like-minded people will come to associate themselves with them. now, its not that i am against this undefinable but instinctive or innate understanding of being cool but i am very much against how much this 'act' is just a play to fill out their lacking character make-up. i conversate with some people and sometimes, what you see is not necessarily what you get. they act a certain way, this bristling confidence in their demeanour but you find out that they don't have the substance to back this up. an example that could be brought up was this girl i spoke to who was doing a fashion course but from talking to her, it was disheartening to hear of how detached she was from her subject. how can you want to participate in something and not want to or try be totally immersed in it?

so, the point is how unbearable i find it that people aren't willing towards devotion and hard work. second, is how willing and quick they are to accept something to be of good produce. whether it be art or ideas or anything. and yet, that these people who have nothing to hold to hold a candle to with their lives (which is not to say i am different, i am too, a nothing for now) are so arrogant and rude and ignorant. i guess the point of it all is just that people (some) aren't honest with themselves about their own abilities and the abilities of others which is a shame because the honesty that you hold yourself to is the driver of how you will improve. but then again, do people want to improve? do they have in them, any ambition?

i'm sorry. this is something i thought deep and hard about as girls were gyrating with one another around me on the dance floor.

Edited by howl