The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

It is true, that Flat Head and Samurais fade easily, but IH (that had the reputation to be a pain in the ass to fade) seem to be not that stubborn either. I imagined my 634S-B not to fade before 6 months, and they were one of my fastest fading jeans.

But one must also keep in mind, that FH and Samurai were much wider spread in the past and worn by many asians in humid warm regions, which may help the fades. IH is very popular in the western countries right now, and these conditions could be tougher concering fast fades. Anyway, in the end it all comes down to wearing and occupation of the owner.

How hard you wear your jeans is certainly the most important factor. I'd just like to add that the cut itself and sizing decisions also contribute to the fading. Slimmer cuts - ideally sized down like 3 ;) - should look considerably different than a repro cut TTS.

I for example couldn't get any honeycombs in my ALD Frontiers (thanks for the rep everyone!), which are pretty loose. I still like em tho, don't get me wrong, I just think that the fades that turn most heads on any denim forum are high contrast fades, which are achieved by HARD wear, few to no washes and sizing down.

But somebody can probably find a pair that contradicts my statement. It's all relative and there are so many factors to consider. But that's why I love that shit! ;D

some jeans evo for you guys.

SDA 103 since January '11 cold soaked once.

IMG_1788.jpg

IMG_1789.jpg

Momotaro 0201 since July '10 cold soaked once. repaired twice.

IMG_1790.jpg

IMG_1791.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg

IMG_1793.jpg

It is true, that Flat Head and Samurais fade easily, but IH (that had the reputation to be a pain in the ass to fade) seem to be not that stubborn either. I imagined my 634S-B not to fade before 6 months, and they were one of my fastest fading jeans.

But one must also keep in mind, that FH and Samurai were much wider spread in the past and worn by many asians in humid warm regions, which may help the fades. IH is very popular in the western countries right now, and these conditions could be tougher concering fast fades. Anyway, in the end it all comes down to wearing and occupation of the owner.

people need to stop thinking about it too much. I spent probably the last 6 years in school sitting on my ass for 12 hours a day and still able to fade a few pairs. You don't have to be a miner, you just have to wear them until you go to bed. wake up, put jeans on, take jeans off, go to bed.

ALD Frontiers | bought: 12/2006 | worn: on & off | washes: countless

100_1849dkyzeki7.jpg

100_1858r8kznetp.jpg 100_1859akvknc67.jpg 100_1860p8l42h8q.jpg 100_1870djbghic4.jpg 100_1873o8harhl3.jpg

I have always wanted to see a nicely worn pair of these. Kudos brother.

IMG_0562.jpg

What is going on with this picture? Almost looks like an optical illusion.

I just think that the fades that turn most heads on any denim forum are high contrast fades, which are achieved by HARD wear, few to no washes and sizing down.

IMHO, the high contrast fades that come from sizing down and washing little look as unreal as a lot of the 'high end' washed brands that you can get (and also call into question the hygiene of the person who's wearing the jeans :D)...it's fading for the sake of fading, and it shows when you see the evo of the denim...

Far better, as poly800rock says, to just wear and not to worry...

RoyxCone at a little over six months. They'll surely need a third wash once my class ends next week.

31383ec2.jpg

2c2dbaac.jpg

xpost from HDContest thread

Sorry for the extra late 6 month mark update! Honestly...I didn't even take update photos of the 5th month mark because not much has happened between then and now. But I did quite a lot between the 4th and 5th months. Sculpture classes were really intense, haha

The color is "true" or at least, close to the actual color. Perhaps a tad darker in the lighter parts because of dirt, but that's about it.

285420_2205675470958_1519545410_32432380_251371_n.jpg

The honeycombs are beginning to develop and become more prominent!

252095_2205675830967_1519545410_32432382_4166160_n.jpg

Backpocket...I still need to find some replacement cloth, haha.

268715_2205676750990_1519545410_32432384_4363523_n.jpg

Thanks for looking!