The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

it's just the slubs fading faster than the rest of the warp threads due to the fact that the fatness of the slub makes it stick out a little from the rest of the denim. the slubs start to fade first. non-slubby denims(denime xx for example) don't show vertical falling. it has some slub, but it's very minimal. vert falling is not a sign of quality per se, it's just a nice effect you get if you rock slubby denim

mij 19 raw- 18 months; 3 soaks and 2 washes and still a lot of life left in them! :)

color might be just a little darker in person

P1080218.jpg

This... is 18 months? You either lead a life consisting of nothing but sitting indoors, or are lying.

salaami, I have a pair of made in italy dior 19cm, and those are absolutely not slubby, yet I have a lot of vertical falling. How do you explain this!?

i'm an ignorant asshole who doesn't know his warp from his weft:o. forreal, you can get vert. falling if the warp threads vary in size. i've seen this on cheep department-store jeans that have fake ringspun warps. i still don't know shit, i really come to sufu to learn. neg me for my ignorance

It's also funny that the term vertical "falling" comes from a bad translation of Japanese to english. When SUFU was just getting into the japanese denim we were all looking at the denim gallery and Ryu's Let Go As you Like pages and translating them from Japanese to english and I believe when they spoke of fading it translated into English as "falling." I think we (collectively) around here decided that "falling" is actually a better word than fading because it better describes how Indigo leaves the fabric. Indigo doesn't "fade" it "falls" from the fabric and then goes somewhere else, like your hands, boots/shoes, couch, white carpet (in my case), or car seat.