The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Levis 606 A-Types - Approx 4 years old. Worn off and on. Probably about 1 1/2 years of actual wear. Not sure how many washes.

The colour is off in these pics. The blue is a darker cast (almost a dark navy blue/grey.)

levisa-type20101.jpg

levisa-type20102.jpg

levisa-type2010.jpg

levisa-type20103.jpg

cant rep. love the a-types. shame they are not more easily available. great fades dude

Levi's 1966 super slims... about 1 year of wear, two washes, one soak (I think). They're not the best jeans in the world, but i think they were pretty good for $19.99.

tuesday005-4.jpg

tuesday006-4.jpg

can we get fit pics?

Eternal 864s

DSCN2049.JPG

DSCN2050.JPG (personal red tab mod:D)

PBJ-007s

DSCN2053.JPG

DSCN2055.JPG

DSCN2056.JPG

660's (contest) #116

Comparison from a while ago on BiG site: sufu660_116_web.jpghttp://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=184&Itemid=51

to now...

DSCN2051.JPG

DSCN2052.JPG

I did a shit ton of work outdoors (arboretum stylee) during the contest, so the 660's have seen a lot of washes and beatings..they are now the chill time jean..

I got the 007's during that first run, and they ended up getting covered in tons of tree sap during some cleanup after a thunderstorm took a huge branch out of a several hundred year old pine...they still smell pretty good this many years later (i've washed them a lot), but the wear was slowed a bit due to the coverage. They are aging nicely..

The 864s are the daily pair in the collection. I got them in the winter/early spring of 08, and they're really just beginning to break. I kept them mainly as a weekend jean for a while so the wear is consistent, but Eternal denim is just so ill...they like the sunshine.

I've never really had a problem with any of these in the several years- one slight seam issue with the 660s was stitched over, and hasn't fallen out since. I wash them when they need it, mainly handwash with Dr. B's- take care of your denims and they will last for a long time....troofs.

DB contest jeans

Started wearing on 4 April 2009.

Environment: 9-5 office job, clubbing on weekends

Size 29, Inseam 34

1 Wash, 5 Soaks

P1020020.jpg

P1020021-edit.jpg

P1020070.jpg

P1010896.jpg

My DIY button repair. You might notice the coin pocket fade where I keep the broken fly button

fucking sex right here shit looks great!

can we get fit pics?

not the best picture, but it was easy to find on my photobucket.

tuesday004-2-1.jpg

and here's a pic of when they were knew

thursday009.jpg

also, I today I noticed one new hole and several extremely threadbare portions in various parts of the seat and back pockets. It looks like I might have to bust out a needle and thread to do some repairs in the next few weeks!

Hey guys. These are Cougars made from the Cone Mills XX denim worn for 1 year and 4 months pretty much every day. Washed 18 times, many were hot washes.

fr007.jpg

bk004.jpg

fr006.jpg

fr003.jpg

bk001.jpg

patch01.jpg

Levi's 501 STFxx, also in the levi's stf thread.

1 year, 3 months, 6-7 handwashes.

vyul95.jpg

20b0n75.jpg

28bxrvq.jpg

ve0y05.jpg

The red/purple/green color is due to some friends thinking it'd be awesome if my jeans were tie-dyed. Red just happens to show up better i guess. So like the white weft is dyed red. Whatever, they look like shit from the back, but they've kind of grown on me.

Color is pretty accurate in first pic.