The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

X-post from left field thread

My Tweeds....

I like how they are coming along. The color is best represented by the lap picture. The tweed yarns are really popping out.

These have enjoyed a room temp soak and a room temp hand wash with bronners at 4 months. They are currently riding on 5 months.

Lovely....

Any chance at getting an inseam measurement outta you?

I balked on getting a pair so far cause I need a 34" post-wash inseam, and they were a little vague at BIG if these would stay long enough for me... +++?

i'm pretty sure those are painted on by medine himself.

haha, yeah. idk what i think about them, i just took a paint pen and put some Levi's inspired arcs on them..

Lovely....

Any chance at getting an inseam measurement outta you?

I balked on getting a pair so far cause I need a 34" post-wash inseam, and they were a little vague at BIG if these would stay long enough for me... +++?

Mine measure about 33.5 in. I only let them touch luke warm water and the shrinkage is not much at all.

switch: been waiting to see those. They look great.

edit: and is anyone here on a weekly washing schedule? I've had my SC 1955s for two months now (and soaking with soap each month) but I feel like I should be washing these things every week. I work in a very hot coffee shop and I coffee grounds on them which is dulling the color of the jeans. It's also hot as hell in the cafe and I bike to work. I sweat a lot.

Anyone? Jeans are serious business.

Anyone? Jeans are serious business.

In general I wash when i feel the jeans are dirty. I have not done a weekly wash ever, even when I worked construction, that was monthly. I also wore the jeans pretty baggy (SC 47s) and the sweat/crotch stench did not get bad over a monthly period, but I have noticed that working my coosh desk job my "fitted" jeans get pretty nasty in the crotch area due to such close quarters down there. I now wear more relaxed fit jeans for this purpose among others.

Deciding whether to fix up current jawns that are 18 months old to wearable condition where I don't have to worry about tearing them for a little while or buying news ones. I did a patch job on one of the major holes today. They are gaining favor as work is put into them. Need to learn how to use a sewing machine. Hand stitching takes forever and is a pain in the ass.

Deciding whether to fix up current jawns that are 18 months old to wearable condition where I don't have to worry about tearing them for a little while or buying news ones. I did a patch job on one of the major holes today. They are gaining favor as work is put into them. Need to learn how to use a sewing machine. Hand stitching takes forever and is a pain in the ass.

Dude, buy a sewing machine. You can get a nice old singer 15 series for like $250, or even some others like the featherweight for like $150. Well worth the money.

^^^^^^^^^^CrashTestBrummie washes most of his Evisus pretty much weekly I think, at least when he's first breaking them in. He gets some good results with it. Some might think they look too washed out, others might call it a nice vintage fade... Check the evisu thread, he used to post tons of pics of his jeans there, don't know if he still is, haven't checked there in a while...

Sooo i havent ever washed my Gap Skinny selvedges. its been a while, but the waist is terribly stretched out.. Do you think i'll lose too much indigo if i hot soak, being that they probably werent dyed as well as many of the jeans on this thread?

Sooo I hermetically sealed my jeans to ensure they'd never touch moisture, but now I want to wear them. Is it safe to remove them from the packaging, being that ambient water in the atmosphere might cause the indigo to bleed away?

problem solved. wear these over them, and you're set.

1025parkjh-small.jpg

s'up PBJ afficionatos here are some evo pictars - just my 007s chillin

birkenstock action - traintracks are coming along really nicely on the left leg. the legtwist is preventing the right leg to catch up *shrug*

2evvy9x.jpg

whiskers coming along nicely

2a9pgyg.jpg

vertical falling on the rear end is really nice, on the front it's not as pronounced

adgh91.jpg

here are mah combs, not much going on here... roping is coming along nicely though (no detail shot of that though :confused: )

2r3uomc.jpg

last time i posted evo pics i also posted some inside out shots and some guys seemed to like that

syl5is.jpg

lastly, detail shot of the knee area. most accurate depicition of color on my monitor

140evph.jpg

crazy hazy macro

ac9eb.jpg

7.5 months Sugar Cane Union Stars

3 soaks in total

overall, the lap fading and whiskers are more prominent than a month ago (feel free to dig out my old posts), some electric blue are starting to show specks of white.. almost half of the star on the left pocket is completely disintegrated while it was still some thread there a month ago

web.jpg?ver=12567046780001

web.jpg?ver=12567047060001

web.jpg?ver=12567047130001

web.jpg?ver=12567047280001

left star is half gone, but you can still see the outline of the star from the fading

web.jpg?ver=12567047460001

web.jpg?ver=12567050350001

Just before my first machine wash, looking at somewhere around 5 or 6 months of wear time on these (WHD #700 high rise cinch back). All images unaltered, post wash coming soon.

102809beforefirstwashab.jpg102809beforefirstwashab.jpg102809beforefirstwashab.jpg102809beforefirstwashabe.jpg102809beforefirstwashab.jpg102809beforefirstwashab.jpg

Florian.FloC, Mr HaGa, & liewbaysea... Great denim. Great fades.

Great job.