The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

great Evisus Crash. How many times did you wash the 2001s and did you ever do it right-side-out?

Couldn't tell you for sure, but must be more than ten. And I don't bother washing jeans inside out...

Can't really understand why people wash them inside out when they're not worn that way...I'm sure my jeans get a much harder beating from a long bike ride than an hour in the machine :)

And cheers for the rep and feedback, everyone.

Nice work people.

Did you all do the initial soak before wear or did that come later on?

I always either soak or wash my jeans before wearing.

Need to get the starch out before you start breaking them in, or that's my view at least. Plus, if you wear them when still slightly damp then they'll mould to your legs and waist a lot better...

I always either soak or wash my jeans before wearing.

Need to get the starch out before you start breaking them in, or that's my view at least. Plus, if you wear them when still slightly damp then they'll mould to your legs and waist a lot better...

Any reason why you do this?

Any reason why you do this?

Leave the startch in and you're slightly more likely to get high contrast fades. But you also risk getting breaks in the cotton around the honeycombs and other areas. This seems to happen quite often with LVC - but is less common with Lee jeans (I wonder if that's because they use softer, left-hand denim.

Hello all,

I recently found a store in Leeds that stocks Flathead, Skulls, APC and planned on going in today to get either a pair of skills or flathead, depending on the fit.

My question is, should i soak them before use? (Skulls/ Flathead)

I hear they get very hairy lol. I dont really plan to wash these any time soon, going to see if i can make a whole year atleast first.

(Yes, i know you can wash every month, but im not that active/ eg. skate or what not)

Thank you

you sure they carry flathead? i think flathead is exclusive with selfedge in the US. but maybe not.

The ass is really faded cause I work in an office and sit on my ass all day. The crotch is probably really faded for the same reason, it sort of scrunches up when I sit down. I kind of wish it wasn't so faded in just that spot. I've worn these jeans pretty much everyday for 6 months.

ah. that makes sense. just wondering, did you have to do a crotch repair on those? also. the crotch on them is amazing. it's like an ultra vivid blue.

These belong to my younger brother...7 months 4 washes....just washed and hung dry

He's just starting a pair of Skulls so these are officially retired. If anyone wants them just PM me and i'll ship them to you for $35 (slim cut straight-leg -- waist: 31" across - inseam: 32") edit: They're Club Monaco btw

Clubmonaco4.jpg

Clubmonaco2.jpg

Clubmonaco5.jpg

Those look good--by the way, whodini, is it possible I saw you chatting up the Krane table at Capsule?

These belong to my younger brother...7 months 4 washes....just washed and hung dry

He's just starting a pair of Skulls so these are officially retired. If anyone wants them just PM me and i'll ship them to you for $35 (slim cut straight-leg -- waist: 31" across - inseam: 32") edit: They're Club Monaco btw

tell him if he pinches his skulls this much, you'll kick him in the mouth.

tell him if he pinches his skulls this much, you'll kick him in the mouth.

They weren't pinched by him...they came that way...with wrinkles/treatment around the lap and behind the knees...he probably should've tried to iron them out but he he's not much a denimhead so he could care less....which explains buying these jeans to begin with. He recently told me that he's on the look out for new jeans. All of a sudden the little brat respects my opinion and wants me to help him pick out new ones..so i schooled him a little....and he decided on Skulls, which is a decent choice...and now that he knows all the "dont's" they should turn out nicely.

you guys are right...its been two years haha typo. anyways im planning on getting a new pair of jeans as the crotch is starting to blow out (very small) and the pockets have a few holes in them :(

im gunna hit up self edge soon and possibly get another pair of IH...even smaller size and try not to wash evaaaarr