The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Guest DCDenim
Tailored Penguin Selvedge Jeans(made in US) Worn on and off very sparingly for Approx 2 years, washed/soaked several times. Adjusted the pictures because they were kinda washed out, the color is pretty accurate in real life.

P1010004-1.jpg

P1010005-1.jpg

nice penguins! How were they tailored? Does penguin still make raw selvage?

Guest DCDenim
imagine trying to watch a movie and after every camera cut some fuckwit stands up in front of the screen and talks about how great that part was. this is what it is to watch a movie with scotty2.

lolololololololololol

still far less annoying than sayocean or whatever the fuck that kid is called.

l_c1e09774e4d736758207154cd4e7a068.jpg

my friends' 501 stf. old as fuck, and totally thrashed. i just wish i had a picture from when they had only been washed once (and patched a lot less), best stf's i'd ever seen. will post if i ever get a picture of the back, the combs rule!

Just saying, this is probably my favorite picture and jeans in this thread.

nice penguins! How were they tailored? Does penguin still make raw selvage?

I'm not sure if penguin still makes raw selvage jeans, I bought these a couple of years ago for a good price, the denim look pretty good so I made them an inch or two slimmer as well as tapered the leg to 7".. From my experience these jeans held there indigo pretty well, but were kind of a bitch to fade.

l_c1e09774e4d736758207154cd4e7a068.jpg

my friends' 501 stf. old as fuck, and totally thrashed. i just wish i had a picture from when they had only been washed once (and patched a lot less), best stf's i'd ever seen. will post if i ever get a picture of the back, the combs rule!

Reminds me of.... Right down to the black cloth patch on the right upper thigh and how slim the cut is.

3221936742_508a9500cb_o.jpg

Hello all,

I recently found a store in Leeds that stocks Flathead, Skulls, APC and planned on going in today to get either a pair of skills or flathead, depending on the fit.

My question is, should i soak them before use? (Skulls/ Flathead)

I hear they get very hairy lol. I dont really plan to wash these any time soon, going to see if i can make a whole year atleast first.

(Yes, i know you can wash every month, but im not that active/ eg. skate or what not)

Thank you

Haha no worries anyways. i got some today, the stiffest pair of denim ive ever tried on (not going to like breaking these in).

Got the Flathead 3010 w32 (almost got 31 but was scared of the shrinkage).

I will start these on monday, 26th January. See ya in a month or so! lol...