The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

002-1.png

Your explosive warp threads on the left back-pocket made me naseous. That isn't an everyday thing to see...

Other than that, the jeans look very nice.

-JF

Last update was back in August of 2006 (http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=160499#post160499). I originally got these Studio D'Artisan SD-003's back in March of 2006 and wore them heavily all the way til February of 2007, when I got a pair of RPM Jomons. Thought I'd post some pics of what the SD-003's look like now...

http://www.nikuman.com/images/superfuture/sd-003_current_01_lg.jpg

http://www.nikuman.com/images/superfuture/sd-003_current_02_lg.jpg

the intense slub fade, and the contrast between the worn areas and the uncrocked ones makes these very intriguing to me. i would love to see someone wear these for an extended period of time(like 2-3 years) or maybe do it myself. the more i see, the more i like. its an indigo and slub overdose.

I guess this might be a dumb question, but how does climate affect fades? Why would a warmer climate (equitorial) make it harder to get fading?

due to humidity, and constant sweating, all the indigo particles that potentially could have fallen off (which is what gives you your fades, constant creasing, imagine bending a piece of cardboard)in a dry area. but.. in an equatorial region, these indigo particles stay stuck as they become damp. therefore, it takes a much longer time in these parts to fade them as you normally would.

hope that answers your question.

Haven't seen much in the way of evolution of black overdyes up here, so thought I would post

OK, so I bought these back in October 06. Wore them maybe 3 days a week. Then took them as my only pair of pants on my 3.5 month trip through America, Europe and Japan late last year. Wore them every day in those 3.5 months. All holes developed during the trip. Crotch only blew out in the last month.

Washed maybe 7-8 times in total.

IMG_2132.jpg

IMG_2136.jpg

IMG_2142.jpg

IMG_2145.jpg

If it weren't for the giant hole in the crotch, I would still be wearing these. Have since moved on to some Cheap Mondays - denim is not as nice, but they were [sigh] cheaper.

Here are my Skulls that I bought at Fabfour Tokyo over the summer:

Here they are when i first got them, they recieved a rain soak (insane japanese rain on the first day that i wore them) and also a hot soak. btw, they were hemmed to 32" inseam.

IMG_1222.jpg

IMG_1219.jpg

i started wearing them regularly around the end of september, so now they have about 5 months of wear:

IMG_1659.jpg

IMG_1657.jpg

IMG_1665.jpg

IMG_1668.jpg

the honeycombs are stubborn as fuuuck

uh-oh, crotch blowout imminent

IMG_1639.jpg

i plan on washing them in a few weeks.