The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

The jeans look a lot different prob becuase of the amazing San Francisco sunshine were getting today. The jeans were covered in beer last night also...

n0torious - I really like the way they fit about 2 weeks ago. These things stretch like crazy. I bought them sz27 and I had to work to get the top button. Now I'm going to have to pick up a belt since they are starting to sag. Either way best $60 I've ever spent, Barney's CoOp sale.

Oyea I can barely notice the bootcut and the fraying of the belt loops dont seem to have any effect on the strength of the loops

Update: I just threw them into the wash with some Dr. Bonners for 30 mins with warm water because of the beer. New pics later this afternoon.

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

I loved the indigo colour on these so much that I went for a year and a half before the first wash! (And I didn't even water wash them - had them dry cleaned.) And these were my daily driver's - worn at least 5 times a week or more.

Now I've had them dry cleaned a few times, professionally wet cleaned once, and washed them twice.

The indigo barely went anywhere, though. It's been a good four years, and I'm still breaking them in!

MyPioneerFollow17.jpg

MyPioneerFollow17-1.jpg

MyPioneerFollow17-2.jpg

MyPioneerFollow17-3.jpg

MyPioneerFollow17-4.jpg

I get a true religion vibe off of them

Unfortunately True Religion jacked a few Levi's RED designs from a collection of seasons and made a sloppy conglomerate of them, like with these ones from 2002. Before there was True Religion, there was Levi's RED.

LER0078a.jpg

LER0078b.jpg

LER0078c.jpg

Check the jeans that started this thread.

love the original levis reds! I'm not a huge fan of those particular back pockets either (regardless of TR comparisons), but they did some other ones with different pockets. And yeah, the denim/fading is amazing. They were great jeans, wish I had picked some up at the time, but I didn't know what was what...

Unfortunately True Religion jacked a few Levi's RED designs from a collection of seasons and made a sloppy conglomerate of them, like with these ones from 2002. Before there was True Religion, there was Levi's RED.

LER0078a.jpg

LER0078b.jpg

LER0078c.jpg

Check the jeans that started this thread.

wow it is pretty obvious TR ripped Levis but just like TR those things are hideous

arguably every jean producer in the world has jacked levis at some point... People here bicker about which arcuate they like better and that was a levis thing too (yes yes other companies had it first maybe blah blah but levis made it endemic).

okey, progression of Nudie Even Steven Dry, I know I posted the first 4 pics before, but deleted the first message & I thought a reminder of how they looked was in order...

Brand new:

evenstevendryfront.jpg

evenstevendryback.jpg

2 months:

evensteven2monthsfront.jpg

evensteven2monthsback.jpg

3 months:

evensteven3monthsfront.jpg

evensteven3monthsback.jpg

I've had to repair the back pockets, and busted the crotch so that has been repaired too.

They're coming along incredibly fast in my opinion...

Crackerhead—love the Levi's I still troll ebay looking for some Reds, but they're all used. Or the wrong style. Got the cheaper version of them the engineered, and I still think they're pretty cool.

I really like this fit :) leg opening on a pair of 30-32 is 16 inches

those even stevens have a cool tint of blue to them. Makes me kinda want to get a pair but its just such a weird fit imo. How big is the leg opening?

^^ Thanks.

I knew about the inseam shrinkage, so I cold soaked for 2 hours. Lost 1.5-2" on the inseam. It'll probably shrink some more after my next soak (which could be a long time from now.)