The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Hey guys, here are my Nudie Super Slim Kims.

They may seem big but i am a short guy and these babies were hella tight on me, I am about 156cm tall (5" 1') so SHORT! lol

Had them for about 3 years now, wore them everyday for about 5 months, then washed, and worn, and then for a while hadnt washed them so theyre smelling now.

P1010503.jpg

P1010504.jpg

Me and daddy made some new jeans, similar to SSK fit but longer rise. You could say April 77ish or Cheap Mondayish.

Stretch denim, one soak, fading is starting to show on the crotch, tried taking pics but the lighting in my room is shit.

P1010509.jpg

P1010510-1.jpg

P1010507.jpg

excuse the ugly under garments HAHA!

^ from my experience, those diagonals happen more with looser fitting jeans. you most likely won't get them in your pbjs unless you size up and/or you are toothpick skinny.

cmf, my man, nice progress. love the fact that you aren't babying them.

EDIT: and shit you beat me to headtowall's concern.

cmf, my man, nice progress. love the fact that you aren't babying them.

EDIT: and shit you beat me to headtowall's concern.

how could you baby "manly spirit" denim?????? its like saying youre not gonna put your dick in all the way cause its the wettest tightest pussy youve ever seen aand you dont want to fuck it up... doenst make sense

andewhalls. I wore these for like 30 days, decided I didn't like the fit, and now I am selling them. I took pics, and realized it might be useful to post them on here to show how fucking quick they fade.

2ikcuuu.jpg

2mhbd45.jpg

HIGH RES:

http://i18.tinypic.com/44snxbo.jpg

http://i16.tinypic.com/2wn5s47.jpg

What the hell is wrong with those jeans? Splotches of fade here, buncha' blue over there. Is it a special wash?

advice needed here guys, here are my nudies sjdj after 3.5 months of solid wear, pretty much worn every day to school riding back and forth on my bike about 4 times a day:

(pics are flash version and non flash version on all angles, brightness/contrast had to be adjusted in some since i took them with no artificial light, and it's dark/rainy outside)

combs:

denim008.jpg

denim007.jpg

front:

denim006.jpg

denim001.jpg

side:

denim005.jpg

denim004.jpg

seat:

denim003.jpg

denim002.jpg

let me know what you guys think, i'm really confused as to how to wash as well, should i just soak with some gentle detergent, or just wash on a gentle cycle with some special detergent? or should i not wash at all?

yeah i think i'll keep wearing them until i move at the end of april, that'll put them at 5 months, and by then it'll be summer here and i can do an ocean wash 8) thanks for the input though guys, it's just been getting brighter here recently (spring time comes early in victoria) and i've been able to see the fading with my naked eye, when it used to take stage lights to notice it

I found that the crotch of these 5 month old S5000VX looked like it was starting to blow out, so I cant wear them any longer the way they are. I figured I would soak them today so I can repair them without any more shrinkage etc. Since the sun is out I took some pictures too. I'm planning on using the darning repair method explained on the 45rpm site. Have any of you guys had experience with this problem? Do you think that that method will be enough to stop the hole or do I need to do something else? (I've included an outside and inside view of the wear) I really don't want these things to blow out...

jeans_5mo.jpg

Also, they're still soaking, but it looks like the right leg is twisting more than it was before. Are all my wear marks going to be totally out of place or do you think they'll still hold up?

I gave them a pretty good hot soak before I started wearing them, but I think there was still quite a bit of starch still in the fabric (they even tinted the water a little bit yellow when I first put them in to soak today). As I wore them normally (I just wear them to work, don't ride my bike in them or anything), the friction/stiffness of the fabric started to wear it down really quick. That's my best guess anyway. I really don't think the sandpaper I hide in my boxers had anything to do with it (10).

I found that the crotch of these 5 month old S5000VX looked like it was starting to blow out, so I cant wear them any longer the way they are. I figured I would soak them today so I can repair them without any more shrinkage etc. Since the sun is out I took some pictures too. I'm planning on using the darning repair method explained on the 45rpm site. Have any of you guys had experience with this problem? Do you think that that method will be enough to stop the hole or do I need to do something else? (I've included an outside and inside view of the wear) I really don't want these things to blow out...

Also, they're still soaking, but it looks like the right leg is twisting more than it was before. Are all my wear marks going to be totally out of place or do you think they'll still hold up?

Can you link the 45rpm guide, I can't find it anymore?

Basically, what you need to do is put a piece of fabric of your choice, I chose denim, on the inside and then just sew over the hole and of course the edges of the fabric.

It's really easy to do, making it look as good as 45 does takes a bit of training though.

You probably want to match the direction of the weave of the supposed pice of denim denim and the direction of the stitches to the denim.

I really like your jeans btw.