The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Actually the lining is 45% wool, 25% cotton, 20%acrylic, 10% polyamide. So much for being an exact reproduction! Also I am 99% certain that it was dyed with synthetic indigo. I believe the denim is only 11 oz. I soaked mine once, then washed it once in a machine with no soap, and once in a sink with Dr Bronners. I didn't get much shrinkage. I have long arms, so I was worried it would come out too short. I may wash it soon, but may not. you can see I have developed some seatbelt wear on the left sholdier that looks great. I am gonna have to get a right-hand drive car to work the other side!

Well, I dont know if any of you remeber that big roll of denim i posted a while back, but ive been working on it during the weekends and i have some almost-finished-spy-shots for ya.

randomjeans030qo3.jpg

randomjeans033sr8.jpg

(as you can see i dont have the waistband on yet)

randomjeans031pu6.jpg

Should be finished by next Sunday! much thanks to Ande who has helped me along a bit.

a couple quickies. Ill take some more decent ones when i get the lighting

diors on their 4th month...just washed em for the third time

2ai0txx.jpg

2nhpy6p.jpg

42jjsc0.jpg

35bxwfq.jpg

pbj's going on like a 1.5 months or so. Not really exact. Anywyas, soaked but no washes since raw.

34rhmoi.jpg

302x4r9.jpg

^hey are those the AI on you? the stiching makes me think they are but i might be wrong.

Those are XX-005, afaik. I believe they use the same color stitching, the AI's just stands out more because its so damn thick :P

My LVC 47 501s after 4 months of wear and no washes. Enjoy !

FresherThanYou006.jpg

i dont like the fit here, something about not filling out the jeans at the ass and the big pockets.. makes it look like you've got a granny ass..

I guess those fools over at Levi lied then, because my jacket came with all of the tags and one of them said "100% natural indigo"

Actually the lining is 45% wool, 25% cotton, 20%acrylic, 10% polyamide. So much for being an exact reproduction! Also I am 99% certain that it was dyed with synthetic indigo. I believe the denim is only 11 oz. I soaked mine once, then washed it once in a machine with no soap, and once in a sink with Dr Bronners. I didn't get much shrinkage. I have long arms, so I was worried it would come out too short. I may wash it soon, but may not. you can see I have developed some seatbelt wear on the left sholdier that looks great. I am gonna have to get a right-hand drive car to work the other side!

I guess those fools over at Levi lied then, because my jacket came with all of the tags and one of them said "100% natural indigo"

Wow, maybe yours is from a different series than mine. The only tag mine came with (other than the garment tag) is a book telling about the jacket. give you your email and I will send you a pic of it. What type of tags did yours come with and do you know when it was made? I remember Paul T saying that the only thing made with natural indigo was the the oldest blue jeans reproduction. I believe they were named after the mine where they were found.

Cheers, Joel

Crate James III 2 months 4-5 days a week

IMG_0055.jpg

All that stuff on the left is my roomates stuff thats how small my dorm room is.

IMG_0051.jpg

Honeycombs arnt really defined yet

IMG_0053.jpg

Not much fading other then wallet and all the belt loops have frays like that

IMG_0054.jpg

drunk one night and didnt realize my jeans were cuaght under my shoes. Pumped that they didnt rip

Hopefully they will look better in a couple months