The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

cheap those jeans look decent, i just find it slightly off-putting that there are holes in the pockets but hardly any honeycombs or creases in general

i'm really being turned off of samurai denim lately, not a fan of the way it fades/wears

Are we looking at the same jeans?

cheap those jeans look decent, i just find it slightly off-putting that there are holes in the pockets but hardly any honeycombs or creases in general

i'm really being turned off of samurai denim lately, not a fan of the way it fades/wears

i have holes becausse when i skate i keep my keys in one pocket and my wallet (which has a metal snap) in the other. these back pockets are holding up better than most.

Its only been like 3 and a half months. Give it some time!

poly;

wanna check, did u get true to size or did u size down?

i got it true to size n now have half the mind to get 1 more 1 size down...

they are a lil too loose knee down...

sized down 1. really really wished i sized down 2 on the samurai blacks. They're still kind of big(ger)

as far as cheap's jeans go. Yeah, it really hasn't been that long yet...I think the super contrast fades come with time and is def. better when you don't wash until the first 6 months. I believe cheap has washed his a few times already. I personally like the overall less contrast fade like cheap's even if he does love ass racing like a dog and is crying his contest samurai's don't look as good as mine.

I really cannot understand how somebody can look at Cheap's jeans and possibly have a negative reaction. I think the holes lend quite a bit of overall character to his pants. The vertical fading is incredible. Sometimes the fabric, and not just sharp contrast honeycombs and wiskers, can speak for itself.

I can't wait to see how these things look after a year...

i think that may just be the lighting. you should ckeckout the samples on the samurai website, really beautiful. i would've gotten samurai's but a ridiculoud deal with SD-103's came up and i hopped on that bandwagon instead. i really like how bright the samurai indigo is. despite samurai having great texture and slub, it also seems like it is still very possible to achieve great contrast too.

Had to wash them after an "accident".

Hot water long cycle.

Shrank up to original size.

Obviously too baggy for any combs or whiskering, but significant knee fade and a bit of seat fade and some atari.

Brightened up a lot.

No longer smell like the zoo.

IMG_8166.jpg

IMG_8167.jpg

IMG_8168.jpg

IMG_8169.jpg

really nice job on those sammies, kids know how to get the best knee fades i guess...

looks like those kiddie samurais have got an elastic band inside the waist ? is that so ?