The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Update on my Guitar Wolfs... not much exciting going on with them after 4 months... Worn every day for 2 months, then unfortunate ketchup/ikea hot dog incident, had to wash... After that, worn on weekends only to work for the next 2 months. Planning on washing again probably this week. I know its not that much, but they are coming along... I thought you guys might appreciate it seeing as they are something you don't see around too often

2l8uffc.jpg

4bpnvw2.jpg

2ajnbds.jpg

359ygdc.jpg

yeah, for some reason... someone told me when I first bought them that they take forever to break in... really its only like 2 months and however many weekends there are in 2 months... I noticed they wear alot slower after being washed.. I always remember people saying that 'one washed' jeans break in just as quickly as raw, but Im going to have to disagree with that.. Whey they are soft they just dont hold creases as well or abrade as much

I gave my brother a pair of Levis 501 STF's in september, and just told him not to wash them or change them. He's worn them hard as hell, and now i gave him a pair of APC's and he's getting knowledgeable about denim. I also gave him a pair of LVC 505's that were too small for me, and he's beating the hell out of both.

First Wash:

IMG_1419.jpg

IMG_1425.jpg

IMG_1427.jpg

last pic is most true representation of color, sorry about shitty lighting

when my jeans get soft I soak them in starch, I prefer the rough feeling, but am still totally against "starch targeting" to get fake whiskers and honeycombs

Eh, I kinda target a little bit, but I spray all over. Just a little bit more on the parts that need it.

Yeah, (I think) they were a bit brittle because I didn't get all the startch out in the first soak. The crotch is also starting to go

i don't know, i had the same thing happen to my honeycombs and i never starched my raw jeans before i washed them. the rips appeared after the first wash, but i've washed them a second time since then and the rips didn't get any worse. i was surprised, i wonder if super-tight honeycombs cause this to happen . . . ?

i don't know, i had the same thing happen to my honeycombs and i never starched my raw jeans before i washed them. the rips appeared after the first wash, but i've washed them a second time since then and the rips didn't get any worse. i was surprised, i wonder if super-tight honeycombs cause this to happen . . . ?

Same thing happened to my Baggy Björn, and they are pretty loose, so I don't think it's due to a tight fit.

Hey Serge...nice jacket...I picked up one just like it on 'supermarket' this past winter. Mine was raw as well...how many times have you washed yours? I got a size 40, but it's still a bit long in the arms after the first soak...did you get much more shrinkage after subsequent washes?

This my only 'natural' indigo denim, i look forward to wearing it in...