The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Are those broken twill? They look like they are.

Interesting that levis would use it. Wonder why.

probably because only a very small subsection of the jeans buying public actually wants legtwist

one of my old housemates stopped wearing her favourite new jeans because she couldn't stand the 1/4 leg twist which came after the first couple washes. whenever she wore them she was messing around trying to straighten them out and finally i told her that it was a permanent property of the fabric and she gave up on them

probably because only a very small subsection of the jeans buying public actually wants legtwist

one of my old housemates stopped wearing her favourite new jeans because she couldn't stand the 1/4 leg twist which came after the first couple washes. whenever she wore them she was messing around trying to straighten them out and finally i told her that it was a permanent property of the fabric and she gave up on them

x-post from the 501 thread.

Levi's 501 STFs, since Jan 1, 2009. Hot initial soak, one hot wash/hot dry in May.

End of July update for the mn.com 501 contest! Going strong, crotch is slowly starting to rip. These are due for it's 2nd wash very soon.

3797283886_ee0240de0b.jpg3796488099_f73fe2ecaf.jpg

3797305374_2a4fb42125.jpg3796487361_5d99900918.jpg

3796487505_96be7fd38e.jpg3797305986_3a8c04779c.jpg

These are some old Levi's 514 Red Tabs I got at Macy's for like 40 dollars. The blue ones were worn for around...6-7 months straight? not sure anymore, but my mom said she would wash them every week... The black ones were worn for around 3 months straight washed every week or two. They were about completely black when I first bought them.

Sorry for the lack of pictures, somethign happened to my memory card while I was uploading to my computer and I guess some of the pictures were deleted.

Well, here goes:

DSC_0609.jpg

DSC_0610.jpg

DSC_0611.jpg

Attempted picture at the falling:

DSC_0608.jpg

Roping

DSC_0618.jpg

DSC_0621.jpg

DSC_0625.jpg

DSC_0623.jpg

DSC_0624.jpg