japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

hey rajio is Yellow in Roppongi considered a good club in Tokyo? Went there back in January at the recommendation of a sales lady at L'eclaireur, it seemed kinda grimey but surprisingly had a good time. Clubbing in Japan was unlike any kind of clubbing i'd ever seen though, it was so orderly...the DJ would be at the booth spinning and people were formed in rows dancing and reacting to the DJ...kinda surreal, like it was a military training camp. I didn't even see people interact with others that much...also passed by this club called Alife, it looked a bit more upscale but didn't go in.

A lot of people go to clubs to get shitfaced and have a crazy time

but there's a whole lot of people who go to clubs to listen to music.

e.g. tachytylic night hosted by DJ Taku from m-flo

Yellow, Womb, Ageha, Atom, etc., are all "dance clubs". Majority of Japanese that go there with their friends to dance and have a good time. No macking on bitches, etc.

Yellow is known for its sound system, which is regarded one of the best in Japan, possibily the world. It's also closing down soon, so go if you have an opportunity.

Alife is a Japanese "nanpa"/macking club but mostly young new graduates/hires 20-year olds. The basement floor is straight up para-para garbage but somehow Japanese guys can deal with the noise and get their game on. The first floor is a restaurant and bar. The third floor is hip-hop but it sucks for actual music.

My favorite club EVAR closed down last year: Vanilla. That place was the shit. It was big enough that you could get your club on but also had nice spots to mack on bitches easily. It also didn't have as bad a reputation as Muse.

A.I. Tokyo club opened last October and was initially pretty popular but I'm betting that it will close down by the end of this year. The location sucks and some of the top parties in Roppongi are still being put up at Grace (Blacklist, etc.).

Grace is where you go if you want rich hedge fund jocks and bankers, russian models, and seedy Japanese women. It's a "little" higher class than Muse in reputation. The DJ are pretty good at getting the crowd going but their selection is always limited to getting the bitches to dance so the dumb ass guys buy more drinks, so lots of top 40 hip-hop w/ the random house/electro Justice track for good measure.

My favorite clubs are still Velours and La Baron. But they've blown up too much now; i.e. soundune.

B.A.L.L.I.N.....................

ghibli tix need to be ordered one month in advance. I think you can only order tickets on a certain day cuz they always get sold out.

2 Restir's. Ginza and Midtown.

djraj adding value to this thread with the ghibli heads up & ace clubs.

off to kyoto & osaka for two weeks.

btw...stopped by isetan in shinjuku with wife. holy fuck, the basement is a fucking foodie paradise. only thought dept stores as wack, but dropped the jaw at the gelato.

need to stop by pizzeria in aoyama...closed when we visited. left at some curry shop, in an alley, curry shop across from a kfc. looks like some award winning pizza, neopolitan style. the way japanese spin everything with their interpretation & this could be great.

Yellow, Womb, Ageha, Atom, etc., are all "dance clubs". Majority of Japanese that go there with their friends to dance and have a good time. No macking on bitches, etc.

Yellow is known for its sound system, which is regarded one of the best in Japan, possibily the world. It's also closing down soon, so go if you have an opportunity.

Alife is a Japanese "nanpa"/macking club but mostly young new graduates/hires 20-year olds. The basement floor is straight up para-para garbage but somehow Japanese guys can deal with the noise and get their game on. The first floor is a restaurant and bar. The third floor is hip-hop but it sucks for actual music.

My favorite club EVAR closed down last year: Vanilla. That place was the shit. It was big enough that you could get your club on but also had nice spots to mack on bitches easily. It also didn't have as bad a reputation as Muse.

A.I. Tokyo club opened last October and was initially pretty popular but I'm betting that it will close down by the end of this year. The location sucks and some of the top parties in Roppongi are still being put up at Grace (Blacklist, etc.).

Grace is where you go if you want rich hedge fund jocks and bankers, russian models, and seedy Japanese women. It's a "little" higher class than Muse in reputation. The DJ are pretty good at getting the crowd going but their selection is always limited to getting the bitches to dance so the dumb ass guys buy more drinks, so lots of top 40 hip-hop w/ the random house/electro Justice track for good measure.

My favorite clubs are still Velours and La Baron. But they've blown up too much now; i.e. soundune.

okay, okay. i.e. fuck you, kid

need to stop by pizzeria in aoyama...closed when we visited. left at some curry shop, in an alley, curry shop across from a kfc. looks like some award winning pizza, neopolitan style. the way japanese spin everything with their interpretation & this could be great.

are you talking about Napule? Its right off Omotesando. I know the pizza chef, he studied how to make pizza in Naples and actually won the world famous pizza contest there a few years ago surprising all the Italians. His pizza is above and beyond everyone else in Tokyo. There is another branch in Midtown and he goes between the two.

Ok how much would it be if i stayed in a cheap hotel possibly capsule for a week including food (good food but not like at a fancy restaurant), and transport?
50,000 yen

are you talking about Napule? Its right off Omotesando. I know the pizza chef, he studied how to make pizza in Naples and actually won the world famous pizza contest there a few years ago surprising all the Italians. His pizza is above and beyond everyone else in Tokyo. There is another branch in Midtown and he goes between the two.

YES! Amazing, you peeps know everything. Shit looked good, real good. My wife & I really dig authentic, Napoletana pizza fired up in a wood-burning oven, and Napule looked like it fit the bill.

But we were around the area about 4 in the afternoon everyday and the joint doesn't open until 6. Next time. you lucky son of a bitch.

Now i'm stuck in matsusaka and choking down mister donut...until I get some matsusaka beef. no (f)omo.

at what building on omotesando do you hang a right/left? a buddy and i are taking a couple of italian byzantines we met last weekend out tonight...this would be perfect

Hey guys,

I am heading to Japan in a month. I was wondering where do I get the Ghibli museum tickets online because I heard that they do not sell them at the door

Also, which shops carry japanese denim specifically, samurai, flathead etc....

Lastly, any other cool places worth going to. I will be there for 5 days or so.

Many thanks!

hay guyz,

where to cop japanese denim in japan!?!?!

also i met some mexican mamacitas and need to cop mexican food for them in japan!!!!!

thanks for your help

darkness2505 and soundune

Also, which shops carry japanese denim specifically, samurai, flathead etc....

Adelaide, 10 Corso Como in Aoyama

Midwest in Shibuya

this post dedicated to djrajio.

Diddy_bills.gif

Thanks but I aint B.A.L.L.A. S.T.A.T.U.S. RITE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking didn't the HEDGE FUND job I wanted!

DEY SAYS THEY MIGHT NOT BE AROUND NEXT YER!

STOOOOOOOPID JAP ECONOMY! Fucking choose a GOVERNOR ALREADY!

DEN GET DEM FOREIGN INVESTMENT 2 INVEST IN JAPS AGAIN!

Gahhhh. Fuck dis shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

I'm moving to Dubai.

P.S. I met a hot head hunter at 57 last night! WIN/WIN!

Updates:

57 restaurant/lounge behind Midtown is BOMB. It was my second time going there and its definitely Ropppongi's little secret still. The vibe is classy without the annoying stray gaijin and girls are pretty well put together. And its not too crowded. Overall good ambience but since when did drinks cost 1000 yen!? Fucking strong yen! :mad:

Blacklist in Grace last night was OK. Still definitely an older 30+ crowd and tons of French hedge fund/finance guys and the women that love them. It's not as good as it used to be; i.e. the women aren't as hot but the music is still great French house/disco and sadly probably the best B.A.L.L.A. party in Tokyo now, which isn't saying much really. I blame it on the recession.

i've heard that ghibli museum serves insane looking cuppcinos with miyazaki characters but

i didnt' know that it was a popular attraction.

isn't that shit in mitaka or something