japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

cafe madeleine is amazing, if it's there. (it's not really a cafe though, is it?)

otherwise, cow books is pretty fucking good too. coffee and books and a nice atmosphere. great way to pass the time.

yeah. it's next to where cafe madeline usually is

cafe madeline's coffee drinks (latte? i forgot what i usually get) are fucking GOODDD

my rents b moving to meguro (not naka meguro) in october.

i dunno if that's a good thing. i dunno much about the area. it's *kinda* close to nakame and daikanyama but not really

herp, you talking about the joint across from cow books in naka meguro? they have an upstairs exposed deck and a lunch spot bottom floor plus a bakery attached.

i quite like apartment cafe at the top of omotesando - it's at foot level as you walk towards the intersection from harajuku station. it's below ground so you have to look down to see the windows peaking out.

also, there's a very nice one right by the dikanyama train station. practically overlooks the tracks - i believe it's called ambiance or atmosphere or something down those lines...

i sometimes go to the cafe in the 3F of lad musician daikanyama.

yeah, that joint with the exposed deck. my buddies and i sometimes meet up there

i think my favorite cafe experience in tokyo was in daikanyama. i think it was in the building next to the one with denime on the third floor but i completely forgot the name. as far as cafes go kyoto is great too being a smaller town and so many college students there's a lot of variety.

Meguro is great. Super convenient location and home to the best Anin Dofu in the world. Chinese Ramen Shop (Yoshu Ramen) downhill from the station toward the river. Just before the bridge to go over the river on your right hand side. Crucial.

my rents b moving to meguro (not naka meguro) in october.

i dunno if that's a good thing. i dunno much about the area. it's *kinda* close to nakame and daikanyama but not really

is escalator cafe the one next to youth records?

i wanna explore more cafes. i saw a magazine at village vanguard in my hometown. it was something like tokyo's top 50 cafes or whatever.

ive been meaning to check out GOGO cafe in harajuku. i get hungry as fuck after koppin cluthinz and i have nowhere to eat. i sometimes go to midwest cafe or go to TENYA near cassina on meiji dori. there's an awesome yakitori joint in a little alley off of aoyama dori (it's sorta close to cabane de zucca and ATO)

Is the yakitori place like, a few minutes walk past the Aoyama-Omotesando intersection going away from aogaku? Tucked back in a small alley on the right across the street from like... hair salon? small place, people line up, price changes depending on the day/marketprice? (I think 1,200 for either teishoku or toridon though I think)

Went there once, probably some of the best food I had in tokyo. The tori-don was fucking nuts, except there was a bit too many onions which made gum a necessity.

Is the yakitori place like, a few minutes walk past the Aoyama-Omotesando intersection going away from aogaku? Tucked back in a small alley on the right across the street from like... hair salon? small place, people line up, price changes depending on the day/marketprice? (I think 1,200 for either teishoku or toridon though I think)

Went there once, probably some of the best food I had in tokyo. The tori-don was fucking nuts, except there was a bit too many onions which made gum a necessity.

that's exactly what im talking about. they only have 2 things for lunch yakitori-don or mini yakitoridon + ramen. i always see a lot of people who work in fashion (ive seen SA girls from chloe). the yakitori-don is way too fucking huge. like i could barely finish it and im pretty used to the american serving sizes. my aunt says that the SOBA joint next to the said yakitori place is amazing. if you peek thru the front window, you can see a chef making soba OG style.

cyberpunk: that's the cafe im taking about. lad = basement denime=1F. there's a little staircase to the left. I guess the cafe is not in the same building as lad but the entrances are close.

ok, what's the best café in town?

a few of my favourites:

escalator café

wired shibuya

respekt (same branch)

midwest café

frames cafe

cafe drole is cute and has good cheescake.

my favorite is this small cafe across frm miumiu in aoyama. their souffles are to dieee for. but they usually sell out by early afternoon :/

if you are BALLING like me and rajio, you can always hit up YOKU MOKU and score some cigar-shaped cookies and kopp their 2000-yen iced coffeez (im dead serious it's 2000 yen)

i forgot how much coffee is at the top floor lounge in teikoku

my grandmother facilitates Omiais and always takes couples there

and she said it's something like 2000 yen / cup of coffee

I recommend a Pizza La Spicey Sausage pizza with extra chili oil over any of these foods for fags.

Interesting...

So now that we've established that Pizza La is not for fags, please name some other foods that are not for fags...

frames cafe

cafe drole is cute and has good cheescake.

my favorite is this small cafe across frm miumiu in aoyama. their souffles are to dieee for. but they usually sell out by early afternoon :/

Shit yeah, I know what you're talking about. Can get cakes there by the slice...

Pretty good prices, too.

My favorite cafe was the Good Day Cafe, behind Paul Stuart just off Omotesando... they had free wifi way back when, the decor was pretty good and they had generous outdoor seating (I like girls who have dogs) and they had generous salads and beer shandies made from draft Hoegaarden, so it was a nice lunchtime spot..

Sadly I think it's been closed for a few years now, replaced by a handbag shop...

Shit yeah, I know what you're talking about. Can get cakes there by the slice...

Pretty good prices, too.

I don't recall where miu miu is but is it on the little alley with corso como and undercover. it's closer to bapexclusive than UC and corso.

it's got red / white-ish scaffolding / interior? kinda girly and most people in there are girls / wimmenz? i've been there. their short cake is good. 600 for cakez?

i dun think la foret is divided into guys/chicks sections

the only shops that are worth visiting (perhaps) are wjk, topshop, and hare...

how do i access the laforet mens section? i must be retarded or something cause i seriously couldn't find it, and none of the sa's spoke engrish. it's hot as fuck aswell, feels like i'm melting

La Foret is for WOMEN.

Why the hell are you shopping there?

Go to Midwest in Shibuya if you want wjk, etc.

i thought i might check it out while i was in omote-sando, but it sucked pretty much yeah. too much goth stuffs. how do i get to midwest by subway, shibuya station? only been here for a day and got jetlagged really bad for some reason, so i haven't started looking for specific places yet

I don't recall where miu miu is but is it on the little alley with corso como and undercover. it's closer to bapexclusive than UC and corso.

it's got red / white-ish scaffolding / interior? kinda girly and most people in there are girls / wimmenz? i've been there. their short cake is good. 600 for cakez?

yess right down the street from chloe/cartier. they have a nice garden patio too. definitely girly.

i need to go on a hunt for more cafes.

any help??

try this:

http://www.wmt.co.jp/corporate_main/dormitory/deluxe_eng/kameidop1/index.html

stayed there during my six weeks in tokyo and it wasn't bad. not sure about the rates since the bill was paid for through my regular university fees but i believe it's somewhere around 25000 JPY a week. i stayed in the one in kamiedo which isn't really centrally located, but it's a short walk from a train station and so it wasn't too bad. as you see they've got locations all over the place. good luck.

what do you mean central? Do you really even know what you're looking for?

If you want something centrally located from all the places you'll want to be, you'll end up in some part of tokyo where theres nothing to do and you'll have to take longer train rides to get anywhere.

I lived in medaimae, which, in my opinion, was a good location since there's lots of housing, 7 min train ride to shibuya about the same to shinjuku and like, 10-15 to kichijoji. You can also bike to daikanyama easily.