japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

image1055344.jpg  

Don't miss out this WEEKEND SALE! Only on Sep 27, 28 & 29, 2013

2013å¹´9月27日~29æ—¥ã ã‘ã®é€±æœ«ã‚»ãƒ¼ãƒ«ã§ã™ã€‚ãŠè¦‹é€ƒã—ç„¡ãï¼

$697.10~ 

(From Los Angeles & Seattle)

$761.10~

(From Las Vegas, Portland, Phoenix, San Diego & Salt Lake City)

$811.10~

(From San Francisco and more)

$1011.10~

(From New York, Boston, Atlanta, Minneapolis, Philadelphia, Indianapolis and more)

-Departure Date: By Dec 12, 2013

(Lower fares also available between Jan 7, 2013 and Apr 24, 2014)

-Tickets must be purchased online on Sep 27, 28 & 29, 2013

-Roundtrip from the major U.S. cities to Haneda, Japan

-Minimum stay 3days, Maximum stay 6months

-No weekend Fee!

-Black Out: Inbound travel between Jan 1, 2014-Jan 21, 2014 & Apr 22, 2014-Apr 28, 2014

a-kind.com

• 2 weeks later...

RIP Muse.

4 nightclub operators arrested for allowing dancing

CRIME

OCT. 22, 2013 - 06:45AM JST ( 57 )

TOKYO —

Police said Monday they have arrested four operators of a club in Nishi-Azabu, Tokyo, for allowing patrons to dance, even though the club did not have a license.

Fuji TV reported that Bar MUSE manager Yuki Takano, 37, DJ Kazunari Tanaka, 39, and two others were arrested after a raid at around 2 a.m. on Sunday morning.

Bar MUSE is one of the biggest clubs in the area and is usually open until 5 a.m.

According to police, they have received many complaints from neighbors about the loud noise coming from the club and also reports of fights outside the club.

http://www.japantoday.com/category/crime/view/4-nightclub-operators-arrested-for-allowing-dancing

Paging TKO Superfuturians: I'm flying in this week for meetings and decided to tee up some gigs while I'm in town.  I'll be DJing Saturday at Lega and then late night at Greenland (I guess they've moved the party from Jumanji55 to GL due to police pressure).  Hit me up on PM for game plan/guest list. 

Paging TKO Superfuturians: I'm flying in this week for meetings and decided to tee up some gigs while I'm in town.  I'll be DJing Saturday at Lega and then late night at Greenland (I guess they've moved the party from Jumanji55 to GL due to police pressure).  Hit me up on PM for game plan/guest list. 

Will you be DJing at Lega on Friday? Throwing a friends bday party at Moment bar down the street but we need a club to hit-up afterwards. Kent Ono's crew is always at Lega these days which makes it such a bore. 

Roppongi.

In all seriousness, the superfuture pdf guide / iphone app is great. I bought the guides for HK and Paris. Very helpful.

Generic questions about Tokyo is always hard to answer. 

A very specific question like "Where can I get indies J-rap and hiphop mixtapes?" would be easy for us to answer.

Edited by herpsky

My buddy is super into electronic music. He wants to go to a show and get wasted and party until at least 5am. Anything going on friday or saturday? Also we want to try craft beer, the best burger, best ramen, and sushi (reasonable prices). Prefer going to the OG local spots. We have some stuff filled out already- check the google docs link. Feel free to laugh at our poor choices or whatever, but im open to any sugguestions.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjMtFTZsU48MdGNxaUhpQldSdE90QVhJMzZyNEVFTUE&usp=sharing#gid=1

Edited by Fycus

Also we want to try craft beer,

no real point to trying japanese craft beer because american craft beer blows it out of the water. me and herpsky went to craftheads in shibuya which had a decent amount of j-craft on tap but it was just average, they also had a decent selection of american craft. the best japanese craft i had on tap was hitachinoko nest (which is widely available in america) at great burger. the ebisu beer museum was chill, but i would just skip beer in japan and get sake or oolong-hai or chu-hai

My buddy is super into electronic music. He wants to go to a show and get wasted and party until at least 5am. Anything going on friday or saturday? Also we want to try craft beer, the best burger, best ramen, and sushi (reasonable prices). Prefer going to the OG local spots. We have some stuff filled out already- check the google docs link. Feel free to laugh at our poor choices or whatever, but im open to any sugguestions.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjMtFTZsU48MdGNxaUhpQldSdE90QVhJMzZyNEVFTUE&usp=sharing#gid=1

I would make these changes:

Skip Bear pond for coffee and instead go to these places:

Be A Good Neighbor

Omotesando Koffee

Little Nap

Paddlers

Skip Blacows, it looks cool and the branding is awesome but thats pretty much it.

There is decent craft beer in Japan, but be prepared to spend extremely high prices for it.  TY Harbor makes a few good ales and is in a cool setting.  

Edited by kiya

I would make these changes:

Skip Bear pond for coffee and instead go to these places:

Be A Good Neighbor

Omotesando Koffee

Little Nap

Paddlers

Skip Blacows, it looks cool and the branding is awesome but thats pretty much it.

There is decent craft beer in Japan, but be prepared to spend extremely high prices for it.  TY Harbor makes a few good ales and is in a cool setting.  

TY Harbor is tight. 

Omotesando koffee for p good espresso and that custard thing. Be a good neighbor is good. Never been to Little Nap or Paddlers. 

Also, blacows (LOL). I think OLs have hyped up that place. My JBZ friend thinks she's hella VIP because she gets the Ura-menu (dunno that existed but hey, i'm p sure it sux).

Edited by herpsky

Have to give a vote for swinging by Be A Good Neighbor like Kiya recommended. 

For the craft beer needs I was fan of Sankt Gallen Brewery they had a beer garden setup in Omotesando this summer where I tried a few different varieties. 

Ah yes, i've been there.  They're the ones that make the Thai elephant feces beer.

Going to be in tokyo from the 15-19th, somebody please give me suggestions on where to drink, eat and party. Going to be with 2 other guys, theyre looking for music, drinking, divey local spots

Gotanda.