japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

Hi,

kinda posted this question a few pages ago but didn't get any definitive answer, so just to add on while I'm actually in the city...

I'm looking for anywhere that retails Hare in and around the Shinjuku area.

Also, having just experienced the 'street planning' here last night, could someone give me directions to the Lad store in daikanyama?

Thanks in advance! Will +rep if you want some measly points.

Guest jmatsu
Hi,

kinda posted this question a few pages ago but didn't get any definitive answer, so just to add on while I'm actually in the city...

I'm looking for anywhere that retails Hare in and around the Shinjuku area.

Also, having just experienced the 'street planning' here last night, could someone give me directions to the Lad store in daikanyama?

Thanks in advance! Will +rep if you want some measly points.

why don't you just go to one of hare's shops?!?:mad:

why don't you just look up the lad shop by using sufu's fuckin map?!?!?!:mad:

word. it's all cycles and timing. like which fashionista is the most progressive. meaning who will bring some shit back from the past at a time that it can once again prove to be relevant vs. those who wear shit from that past which they cannot possibely comprehend and show this by doing so w/ bad timing.

i understand what you're saying about reinterpreting shit, but i dont think a majority of clothing label consumers are reinterpreting things in a way that is relevant or within any logical confines. they are rehashing ideas in cycles and mistakening appropriating clothing or culture without realizing what they are doing. if you live some shit at a it's focal point/time and carry it w/ you (or respect it, understand it and do it right then), by all means.

today the local newspaper printed out a list of top 5 male/female Japanese style icons as chosen by the public in Japan...don't know the English names of these people, but Takuya Kimura was chosen as the definitive style icon for men, i think that dude from L'arc en ciel was #2, and Ayumi Hamasaki was #2 for women. Coming from someone who seems to be a bit more in tune with fashion, do you think that list is accurate? Sounds like a general teenage fanboy/crush list to me...Takuya seems to pull off a lot of different styles but i don't really get any strong personal style identity coming from him.

today the local newspaper printed out a list of top 5 male/female Japanese style icons as chosen by the public in Japan...don't know the English names of these people, but Takuya Kimura was chosen as the definitive style icon for men, i think that dude from L'arc en ciel was #2, and Ayumi Hamasaki was #2 for women. Coming from someone who seems to be a bit more in tune with fashion, do you think that list is accurate? Sounds like a general teenage fanboy/crush list to me...Takuya seems to pull off a lot of different styles but i don't really get any strong personal style identity coming from him.

That list is complete bullshit.

#1 It was published by Oricon (billboard equivalent of the japland). Their charts are always rigged and survey results are mostly fabricated.

#2 I think the subjects who supplied info for the top 5 list are in highschool and junior high.

Kimura has good stylists. I think he works closely with Tsuyoshi Noguchi and Sukezane (forgot his first name).

I dunno man. I think it's just his face.

If you are good looking, you can wear shit from jeans mate or rite-on but still look pretty steezy.

If I wore TMT, I'd look like a drooling retard.

yeah seems like she's been around forever...gotta be mid 30's at least. i think she still looks decent, dont know if its a result of any additional work though...

def, i'm sure she has been cut to pieces but she still looks good even if most people thinks she looks like an alien. saying that there are tons of way better looking jpop broads. i'm kinda surprised she has lasted so long really.

Go to

Edition

L'ECLAIREUR

10 Corso Como

Midwest

Adelaide (and addition)

Space

Restir

Via bus stop

FUCK YOU AND YOUR GENERIC QUESTION

It really depends on what your interests are.

You should just get some krispy kreme in shinjuku and shop at banana republic.

How many channels do you have and what is on T.V. I have been dying to know.. and no one seems to be able to provide a good response so I figured here would be the next place to ask

WTF does that even mean?

In the US, the number of channels depends on the type of service you are subscribed to.

if you have shit like skyperfecTV, you have like hundreds of channels.

take your questions to d-addicts.com

do you think that list is accurate? .

I think that list is dogshit. Its like some Japanese TRL, anyone with an opinion that matters isn't voting anyway--its just a bunch of teenagers voting for their favorite face that week.

But I am surprised Hamasaki Ayumi is still going strong, she's weathered some crazy trend cycles and still come out on top.

I think that list is dogshit. Its like some Japanese TRL, anyone with an opinion that matters isn't voting anyway--its just a bunch of teenagers voting for their favorite face that week.

But I am surprised Hamasaki Ayumi is still going strong, she's weathered some crazy trend cycles and still come out on top.

that TRL thing sounds like a reasonable comparison...i think Ayumi is similar to Sammi Cheng or Kelly Chen of HK, should be way past their prime but somehow hangs on due to nostalgic factors or some shit like that.

yeah seems like she's been around forever...gotta be mid 30's at least. i think she still looks decent, dont know if its a result of any additional work though...

her icon is madonna.. dat why she too have been around liek.. forever..

Kimura has good stylists. I think he works closely with Tsuyoshi Noguchi and Sukezane (forgot his first name).

its tomoki. they have been the top 2 stylists in jp for a few years now.

just like madonna again.. no? she too become chinese,spanish, japanese, indian, american, english, kabbalah.. i think they think its evolution...

I was taking my CFA exams when it happened. Kinda crazy.

crm0806081829025-p1.jpg

crm0806081829025-p3.jpg

Here's the suspect:

crm0806081829025-p2.jpg

The man had guts. Rented a truck and plowed into a bunch of people.

Looks like he wore brand new Converse all-stars too. :mad::mad::mad:

Guest jmatsu
that makes little to no sense, coming from someone like you!

wait, have you gotten laid in japland ?

actually it makes perfect sense. if a gaijin has decent jap ability and wants to learn about the latest "in" trends, he has but to watch londonhearts and learn them. not saying it will enable him to fuck bitches, but one who watches londonhearts vs one who does not def has the better chance.

if you think about atsushi's rise to prominence/power shit makes sense.