homi29

Sufu cell phone buying guide. What's really good?

An iphone + iBrickr = Epic mods

I want the MOTOQ when it comes out:

moto_narrowweb__300x454,0.jpg

Or the RAZR2:

motorola_razr2_slant.jpg

Sick of my LG Chocolate.... Worst. Phone. Ever.

i havent read through this thead yet so i dont know if its been discused but why do we get such a small selection of phones. i got this cell phone catalog in mexico for some service provider, telcel i think, and the catalog has hundreds of phones in it. i hate having to choose from 12 phones, then again i have only recently learned about unlocked phones. just venting

If you can wait 2-3 more months, especially if you're with Cingular, you can grab the new Sony Ericsson K850. Doesn't have all the PDA/smartphone rich features, but for a multimedia cell, it's pretty bad ass.

Wish T-Mobile would get its ass together and get a few decent ones like that, just never felt like dropping an extra 2-3 bills just to buy an unlocked, even though have always been tempted to.

said it once, weill say it again, Blackberry 8800 even tho it lacks a camera, hands down best phone I've ever used. Then again I use mine mostly for biznass

Nice phone .. I was looking at the HTC Mogul myself, might end up picking it up in a couple months. I actually don't mind Sprint's service, I get good reception everywhere I go, even in places where most people don't get service at all. I just wish they had a a better phone selection.

Word. to be honest I really haven't had any bad experiences with Sprint.

I've been a member for years so I got about a 75 instantly off the 550$ retail plus an additional $100 mail in rebate, and because I pay my bill on time every month they also let me pay $320 on the phone and then disperse the rest into my monthly payments.

The phone itself is great. I download albums on evdo in thirty minutes or less, web browsing is easy, and with Opera I can visit fully flash sites with little to no slowdown. Microsoft Office 2007 integration is nice, and the email functions flawlessly. Con's would only really be that there's no internal GPS (but they have cracked TomTom's software for ppc's, my friend has it and it works flawlessly), the camera has no autofocus, and the phone can definitly get overloaded when your running programs with heavy draw. But it's the closest you can get to a laptop in your pocket.

I'm installing the iphone skin on it right now... hehe.

i'm waiting til the blackberry 8310 comes out this holiday season.

it's a curve w/ gps.

as for where to get unlocked gsm phones in toronto, easycell.ca and howardforums.

im currently in a dilemma right now. which of these phones better? i could careless if there's a cam or none on my phone. i'd rather use a digicam that any cam phone available in the market. what im after for is the best of the 2 function-wise

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=ph&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pp1&zone=pp#view=phones&cdl=1&s=0&detail=0&cmp=1&acc_cid=0&cid=0&pid_type=phone&cmp_id0=10889&cmp_id1=10385&acc_pid=0&pid=10385

I really have no idea about phones. The phone I currently have is a free phone from Verizon and has been the only phone I had for the past four years. Does anyone else use verizon and what are some good phones out for it - I don't seem to see any in this thread.

sagemmy850-1.jpg

sagemmy850.jpg

Sagem sucks, but I always get compliments about my phone...(that I had for free btw)

I want the models they have in Korea and Japan. Those crazy hand phones from the commercials.

Stupid Australia.

anyone know any good square edged flips? like that sagem one. i like the n75 but it doesn't seem worth the money.

n75.jpg

and i love the design of the 6260 but apparently it sucks. x:

Nokia_6260.jpg

nokia-6170.jpg

etc...!

I owned the Nokia 6170, big phone. Side buttons are flimsy. But lots of options and gadgets.

I owned the Nokia 6170, big phone. Side buttons are flimsy. But lots of options and gadgets.

actually that's one i'm looking at too. unfortunately there's only 1 band in canada so i don't know how well the reception will be, but i am seriously considering it.

It's almost one inch thick folded, the side buttons are flimsy, and the plastic casing is a bit cheap feeling. Otherwise the phone lets you take control of almost everything commercial phones wont let you.

Also, does anyone know sites (perhaps like Fatwallet.com) where people share coupon codes/discounts on cellphones, specifically T-mobile? Or does anyone know of any worth mentioning? Thanks.

anyone have the SE w580i

im considering this but heard bad thnigs about the buttons cracking/splitting (mainly cosmetic, but it'll probably bug me if i pay a premium for it)

i know i said i wanted a smartphone but decided ill hold off on one, as the only semi-affordable one with a good feature set (and wifi) is the iphone and i dont want to lug that around daily

Nokia 6300 is the best thing out right now if you just want a no-bullshit phone. Really well built, looks good, great operating system, and the mp3 player is actually quite good.

However, it lacks many advanced features, and the camera is shit.

anyone have the SE w580i

im considering this but heard bad thnigs about the buttons cracking/splitting (mainly cosmetic, but it'll probably bug me if i pay a premium for it)

i know i said i wanted a smartphone but decided ill hold off on one, as the only semi-affordable one with a good feature set (and wifi) is the iphone and i dont want to lug that around daily

you do know the iphone is the same size as a regular ipod right? i've been loving mine since i got it a month ago

not really the size of the iphone that bugs me , i love the features, it's just that i dont think id like using the phone function on it too much (the shape and txting on it doesn't seem like all that fun)

not really the size of the iphone that bugs me , i love the features, it's just that i dont think id like using the phone function on it too much (the shape and txting on it doesn't seem like all that fun)

coming from experience. texting on the phone is actually pretty damn easy. hold the phone in 1 hand, use my index finger from my other hand to punch the keys.

they're going for mad cheap now too, like 550$. so meh

The form factor of the iPhone is way better than the Q, and I think all smart phones are weird to handle compared to a small flip phone. A friend of mine has the Q, and there is no comparison between the two.

Nokia 6300 is the best thing out right now if you just want a no-bullshit phone. Really well built, looks good, great operating system, and the mp3 player is actually quite good.

However, it lacks many advanced features, and the camera is shit.

Indeed. Says a lot about Canada when 6300 is one of the best phones available... heh. Happy with mine though, just wish selection around here was better.

I'm gonna sell my Wing and get the new Curve for T-Mobile. It could do everything my Wing could do without any lag or memory draining issues. Plus the curve has flash on the camera and the overall size is much smaller, which means I can just slip it into my pocket. Sick of this touchscreen shit, way overrated.

Also, does anyone know sites (perhaps like Fatwallet.com) where people share coupon codes/discounts on cellphones, specifically T-mobile? Or does anyone know of any worth mentioning? Thanks.

Hey I'm not sure if this helps much but check out howardforums.com if you haven't already. They're a good place to hang out for most of the latest phones news and stuff like that. As for coupons/discounts they come by every so often, occassionally people who work at the companies hook people up or let people in on the newest promotions/plans.

i've been using the HTC Touch recently.

it's small, looks good, and has everything i needed.

but you might want to consider the HTC Touch Dual if you really need an analog keyboard for heavy typing.

9731.jpg

check out the Motorola MING or ROKR E6 (both Chinese) - both are touchscreen and out 2-3 years before iPhone. The MING also has a scanner built in.

im looking for a VK 2020, so if anyone has one to sell, pm me.

are unlocked phones able to use verizon services? I was looking at this HTC S710 and its not available in the states so ordering unlocked seems to be my only choice

2rnwzzl.jpg

Unlocked phones refer to GSM networks, but Verizon is CDMA. So unless you switched providers, you can't use that phone.