Kapital jeans

iamstarwars

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can anyone comment on why Kapital jeans are so much more expensive in the US? I mean generally BIG charges more than Japan and I would expect this, and be happy to pay a higher price but in this case there seems to be a 05 plus per cent difference, assuming I'm looking at the sae product. eg TH jeans are under 20,000 yen ($200) but $368 at BIG ?

Maybe I'm missing something because BIG are normally very fairly priced compared to Japanese pricing and wherever possible I'd pay the extra and buy from them. (and as I'm not in the US I don't get the value of trying them on and can't return as I get them hemmed. postage costs are actually higher than from Japan as well! )

Yes agreed, bought my first pair of Sugarcanes in the UK in 1998 and I think I paid about £200 even then. But just seems strange that the huge price uplift happens on Kapital - think you must be right, there has to be a middleman cos BIG always try to get as close as they can to the Japanese price whilst offering superb service. Or maybe Kapital fix the pricing.

Actually come to think about it Self Edge pricing for Sugarcanes is really high as well from what I recall.....

Regarding Self Edge's Sugarcane price, I believe they have to buy product from the sole importer of Sugarcane stuff in the US. You can also buy straight from this importer, which is what I do for Sugarcane stuff. I might not be 100% accurate on these details, but I think its essentially what is going on. I noticed the same thing for kapital locally. A couple places sell them, and the prices are kinda high.

S-Town - I hadn't realised that good point - this seems a bit like the 45 RPM model and to be honest I don't want to buy into that. 45RPM prices always were ridiculous in the US and France and just expensive in Japan. So proxy is the way forward if I want them but to be honest that pricing model puts me right off - it's not like they offer anything dramatically different or better than anyone else. Outside of Japan appear to be an overpriced fashion icon but I stand to be corrected. I do speak from some experience - I owned some Th's a few years ago but sold them (bought then via proxy at reasonable price) - OK but really nothing special. Surprised BIG are even bothering to be honest - they have a fantastic range at a great price. I'll stick to the many classic offerings that don't profiteer outside of Japan.

Re Sugar Cane - same problem I guess just easy to gat from Japan. Heritage Research are distributor then have sub outlets?But why is Mr Freedom Sugar Cane made in the USA cheaper from Japan than directly from Mr Freedom? eg new SS13 jeans?

Retailers set their own prices, they have to make a profit, and the have to cover their customs expenses. If you want Kapital stuff and not pay ridiculous prices go through a proxy.

Seriously, I've asked a legitimate question and encouraged some debate around it in order to get some information. I understand people are in business to make a profit (when you say "cover their customs expenses" er they have to do this for every imported product so completly irrelevant to my point about price differentials.} I know I can go through a proxy. I just pointed out I've done this before.

I also pointed out I try and buy through retailers based on service and don't mind them charging a premium. In fact I'm happy to pay it and have done - ask Gordon how many pairs of fucking jeans I've bought from him. Probably around 40 pairs. Probably around 20 from Self Edge. So I find your post condescending and ignorant to be honest.

Are you saying we should have some sort of censorship on this forum and not ask any questions regarding pricing models? That's the message I'm getting.

Seriously, I've asked a legitimate question and encouraged some debate around it in order to get some information. I understand people are in business to make a profit (when you say "cover their customs expenses" er they have to do this for every imported product so completly irrelevant to my point about price differentials.} I know I can go through a proxy. I just pointed out I've done this before.

I also pointed out I try and buy through retailers based on service and don't mind them charging a premium. In fact I'm happy to pay it and have done - ask Gordon how many pairs of fucking jeans I've bought from him. Probably around 40 pairs. Probably around 20 from Self Edge. So I find your post condescending and ignorant to be honest.

Are you saying we should have some sort of censorship on this forum and not ask any questions regarding pricing models? That's the message I'm getting.

Condescending? You bi-polar or something?

There is nothing to debate, I gave you the answer.

You think it's clever to make fun of mental illness? Sad and not what I'd hoped for. Your post dismisses the questions I'd asked as being completely out of order and of no relevance whatsoever. You give the impression I have no right to ask them. That's why I said you were condescending. Really not sure what bi-polar has to do with it unless you're trying to be clever but don't actually know what it means?

nb Would you call someone a retard or spastic?

is this person confirmed as a representative for the brand? i'm really turned off from the brand if that's the case (as well as by the scammy pricing scheme)

So am I if this really turns out to be the case. But I'd hate to unfairly go against the brand if he isn't affiliated with them....but if he is it's disgraceful and should be brought to Kapitals immediate attention.

So am I if this really turns out to be the case. But I'd hate to unfairly go against the brand if he isn't affiliated with them....but if he is it's disgraceful and should be brought to Kapitals immediate attention.

I was just inquiring on your mental state because the nature of your reply was agressive and angry when my simple reply had no negative intent. Which is why I asked your mental state in order to avoid a pointless albeit too late, argument.

I've only had helpful and positive interactions with Jonathan, and he has been a great proxy for items I couldn't acquire through regular means. I really don't understand the way people (and I truly do respect everyone who as posted) are responding. The only impression I've got from him is that he is a huge admirer and friend of the brand, in the same way a guy like e. kvatek (who does photography for kapital among other brands) has a close relationship through regular interaction/communication. Anyway, I'll be posting some pics of some non-denim Kapital items I've acquired in the last few months-- I really dig some of the stuff they put out there.

No I'm sorry that's just not true. You asked if I was bi polar because I suggested your post was condescending. So lets be clear - I said I find your post - not you - condescending - you suggested I personally must be suffering from a mental illness. You then justify this because the nature of my reply was "aggressive and angry" (which I totally dispute - irritated yes because you appear to be saying this subject should not be discussed by anyone on the forum) and now apparently appear to be continuing to question my mental state?

Lets cut to the chase here.

Do you have ANY affiliation whatsoever with Kaptital? Or any other manufacturer?

I have no affiliation with ANY clothing manufacturer except as a paying customer and I bet I own more pairs of (paid for) jeans than any other member of this forum (over 200) and I have no commercial interest in any brand. This is the first time I have ever posted this fact and I do so more out of irritation at your attempt at censorship than anything else. I would much rather no-one knew how much denim I own simply because I am a private person but your clumsy attempts at censorship have driven me to reveal this together with your disgusting use of mental illness as a derogatory term of abuse.

Don't try and hide your bullying behaviour behind a feeble excuse. Now I AM fucking angry.

nb owning more denim than anyone else in no way makes me a more knowledgeable collector it just means I've been doing it longer and should stop now. And currently that will start with Kapital if you have anything to do with them.