Kapital jeans

iamstarwars

LFC4ever, I'm not sure why you are so outraged by all of this.

Can anyone comment on why Kapital jeans are so much more expensive in the US?

You asked a question. The pricing of Kapital in the US was debated and speculated upon.

Retailers set their own prices, they have to make a profit, and the have to cover their customs expenses. If you want Kapital stuff and not pay ridiculous prices go through a proxy.

A person intimate with Kapital commented on why their prices are higher in foreign markets compared to the Japanese market; his information was factual, true to reality.

Seriously, I've asked a legitimate question and encouraged some debate around it in order to get some information....

Are you saying we should have some sort of censorship on this forum and not ask any questions regarding pricing models? That's the message I'm getting.

There is no censoring of anyone here. Not sure exactly what sort of response you were expecting; imagine if you made this inquiry in the Flat Head, or Warehouse, Samurai, etc. thread. However, in most cases, the same response applies. Even if bandana is employed by Kapital, did you expect him to explain their business model to you on an internet forum?

I haven't done the statistical analysis nor have I any education in international business, but it's pretty obvious that markup of all imported Japanese denim fluctuates from one retailer to the next. Exchange rates are constantly changing; perhaps the rate was unfavourable (on the purchasing end) when the order was made. Duty amounts may depend on the wholesale value; perhaps lower duty rates apply for larger orders than smaller orders.

LFC4ever, perhaps you should step back from the computer, have a beer, and enjoy whatever jeans you are wearing. In fact, I think that's exactly what I am going to do.

I've only had helpful and positive interactions with Jonathan, and he has been a great proxy for items I couldn't acquire through regular means. I really don't understand the way people (and I truly do respect everyone who as posted) are responding. The only impression I've got from him is that he is a huge admirer and friend of the brand, in the same way a guy like e. kvatek (who does photography for kapital among other brands) has a close relationship through regular interaction/communication. Anyway, I'll be posting some pics of some non-denim Kapital items I've acquired in the last few months-- I really dig some of the stuff they put out there.

It really has nothing to do with the quality of the product. I have no issue with that. It's to do with freedom to debate a pricing policy and the fact that a forum member continues to question someone's mental state because they choose to exercise freedom of speech!

LFC4ever, I'm not sure why you are so outraged by all of this.

You asked a question. The pricing of Kapital in the US was debated and speculated upon.

A person intimate with Kapital commented on why their prices are higher in foreign markets compared to the Japanese market; his information was factual, true to reality.

There is no censoring of anyone here. Not sure exactly what sort of response you were expecting; imagine if you made this inquiry in the Flat Head, or Warehouse, Samurai, etc. thread. However, in most cases, the same response applies. Even if bandana is employed by Kapital, did you expect him to explain their business model to you on an internet forum?

I haven't done the statistical analysis nor have I any education in international business, but it's pretty obvious that markup of all imported Japanese denim fluctuates from one retailer to the next. Exchange rates are constantly changing; perhaps the rate was unfavourable (on the purchasing end) when the order was made. Duty amounts may depend on the wholesale value; perhaps lower duty rates apply for larger orders than smaller orders.

LFC4ever, perhaps you should step back from the computer, have a beer, and enjoy whatever jeans you are wearing. In fact, I think that's exactly what I am going to do.

Yes that's exactly my question - why is the price so much higher? I was hoping for an explanation/possible answer. What I got was someone intimate with the brand telling me retailers need to make profits use a proxy. How is that an explanation. Did I expect someone intimate with the brand to describe their business model? No, and I didn't ask them to. Otherwise I'd have emailed Kapital directly. So the response to my question was someone "intimate with the brand" as you describe saying the questions answered "there is no debate". And questioning my mental state in a discriminatory and insulting manner. But you think that's OK?

Yes that's exactly my question - why is the price so much higher? I was hoping for an explanation/possible answer. What I got was someone intimate with the brand telling me retailers need to make profits use a proxy. How is that an explanation. Did I expect someone intimate with the brand to describe their business model? No, and I didn't ask them to. Otherwise I'd have emailed Kapital directly. So the response to my question was someone "intimate with the brand" as you describe saying the questions answered "there is no debate". And questioning my mental state in a discriminatory and insulting manner. But you think that's OK?

Why do you end your reply with a question? Nobody is discriminating against you. But why argue with someone who is inconsolable... Your argument seems to be with BiG and not with Kapital, so maybe you should check with them before asking in the Kapital forum. But I was kind enough to offer an answer, and you threw a tantrum. But if you do have bi-polar issues then I am truly sorry for putting you on the spot, but if it was just bitching then chill out.

If someone else wants to answer his question, please do so. I don't need someone to try and discredit me after attempting to answer his query. After LFC4 and Ironheartfan started abusing the forum by posting personal links and trying to fuck with my work on my blog and with Kapital, I refuse to contribute here.

Edited by the bandanna almanac

Take a look at the debate regarding my comments on a Kapital shirt (p 13 of this thread) for an example of the over-zealous attitude certain people have toward Kapital and any perceived criticism of the brand.

Take a look at the debate regarding my comments on a Kapital shirt (p 13 of this thread) for an example of the over-zealous attitude certain people have toward Kapital and any perceived criticism of the brand.

I thought that issue was resolved on page 14?

But he is still upset and crying over it on page 20.

i've never been an owner of kapital products (honestly i can't afford it to no fault of the brand itself) but have been following the kapital thread for a while now because of the admiration for the products they make. i think we can all agree that jon is a subject matter expert on the brand itself and has been more than helpful in providing us with a whole lot of information, requests for proxy etc without asking for anything in return. while there are times that he does indeed appear to be a bit snarky, by no means do i think it was out of malice or anything. it's just the way how he is and i honestly don't think there is a generic model template for everybody.

i do still regard him highly for the work he does and the depth of knowledge that he has. sometimes i think we take for granted that everybody is paul trynka-nice (for LVC enquiries). jon just seems to me like someone with a very strong mind of his own about the things and values he believes in and has been pretty objective all this while to kapital related matters. i might not be his biggest fanboy but i don't think he bothers about things like that and i guess that's what i respect this guy for.

Edited by ranonranonarat

i've never been an owner of kapital products (honestly i can't afford it to no fault of the brand itself) but have been following the kapital thread for a while now because of the admiration for the products they make. i think we can all agree that jon is a subject matter expert on the brand itself and has been more than helpful in providing us with a whole lot of information, requests for proxy etc without asking for anything in return. while there are times that he does indeed appear to be a bit snarky, by no means do i think it was out of malice or anything. it's just the way how he is and i honestly don't think there is a generic model template for everybody.

i do still regard him highly for the work he does and the depth of knowledge that he has. sometimes i think we take for granted that everybody is paul trynka-nice (for LVC enquiries). jon just seems to me like someone with a very strong mind of his own about the things and values he believes in and has been pretty objective all this while to kapital related matters. i might not be his biggest fanboy but i don't think he bothers about things like that and i guess that's what i respect this guy for.

Damn tears are welling up. Support from you guys makes it worth it. Being a fan and a customer I can't help being albeit over-passionate at times.

Not taking sides, but I didnt see anything wrong with Bandanna's response. If anything, brief, but far from hostile. Unless some edits were made, I think this was blown way out of proportion. Anyways, I have noticed large fluctuations in price for Kapital goods. I always assumed that this was for reasons Bandanna stated. Resellers need to cover their ass.

Edited by garden gnomes in space

i'm sure nothing will be lost in translation when sending to kapital the complaint "Some dude who may or may not be affiliated with you may or may not have insulted me about a mental illness i may or may not have, and i think he tried to sensor me in some way that may or may not fulfill the definition of censorship at all and has cock-blocked my right to information. i want him fired if he is affiliated with you. and if not, please disregard my complaint."

jon is great! he has probably done more than ANY other person on this planet to make all that kapital offers available to us outside of japan. keep keepin it real jon.

http://www.linkedin....acek/39/7a9/9b5

mr. lukacek doesn't list kapital on his linkedin site, so perhaps this poster isn't associated formally with the brand

(this and other info can be found publicly on bandanna almanac's personal website linked on his sufu profile)

it's thus strange why he is acting like a kapital rep on here..and his condescending explanation (businesses need to make profits and cover expenses) is even harder to understand now...

I am still annoyed this hasn't been taken down. Dude got all personal for no reason. And really apparently as it turns out has nothing to do with Kapital.

Lets try and take some of the emotion out of this. I got emotional because I perceived Bandanna was using mental illness as an insult but lets forget that. The facts are:

1. I have absolutely no argument with Kapital, BIG (who are brilliant) or any other retailer selling Kapital goods.

2. I have no issue with retailers maximising their profit.

3. I was merely asking WHY is there such a big price differential between Kapital Japan pricing and US pricing, much more so than with other Japanese brands. I didn't feel that "go buy through a proxy" or "customs" or "US dealers have to make a profit" contributed to an answer but was questioning my right to even ask. Please note I was NOT passing judgement on the pricing at that point or I was simply trying to understand it because it appeared so different to say Samurai, Full Count, etc etc. I still don't understand but to be honest I'm past caring and did not mean or want to hijack this thread so I'll withdraw my question and go buy through a proxy if I want any Kapital goods.

good points - good conversation, let's just try to keep it as friendly as possible. i'm guessing it just comes down to supply and demand + shipping/importing costs. if you think you guys have it hard in the states dutil denim in toronto was retailing a pair of pbjxx007 for $400+tax when they retail for like $300 at BIG - i proxied them a couple years ago from sharpservice for ~$220-240 shipped haha

aside from that, i'm very happy with my cisco's which i got from BIG with the non-branded patch. i'm trying to talk myself out of buying (proxy if i can save a substantial amount of course) the century-denim ciscos which is not working lol

I am still annoyed this hasn't been taken down. Dude got all personal for no reason. And really apparently as it turns out has nothing to do with Kapital.

you put yourself off as a kind of representative and authority of; because of this people have accused you of working for kaptial and attributed rude and bigoted statements made by you to kaptial; regardless, you have failed to clarify your relationship with kapital.

the information i posted, including a link to your linkedin profile, was an attempt to clarify your relationship with kaptial.

your linkedin profile is not personal information but rather information (including resume and full-name) that you have chosen to advertise publicly on a career website (presumably to avail yourself of the benefits of such advertisement) linked through your sufu profile.

Edited by ironheartfan123

you put yourself off as a kind of representative and authority of; because of this people have accused you of working for kaptial and attributed rude and bigoted statements made by you to kaptial; regardless, you have failed to clarify your relationship with kapital.

the information i posted, including a link to your linkedin profile, was an attempt to clarify your relationship with kaptial.

your linkedin profile is not personal information but rather information (including resume and full-name) that you have chosen advertise publicly on a career website (presumably to avail yourself of the benefits of such advertisement) linked through your sufu profile.

Point out that bigoted statement.

Nah you have used it in a malicious attempt to slander me for some unknown reason. I think I have stated my relationship a few posts ago, but you chose to ignore it and continue your own personal campaign.

You assume so many things but where is your reason for them? You live under the safety of anonymity which is one of the reasons why you feel like you can say what you want. Because of users like you who contribute absolutely nothing, this site has slowly deteriorated.

You didn't join this thread or conversation for any other reason but to try and discredit me. That much is obvious just look at everything you have said here.

Okay so let's move on. Bandanna does not work for Kapital - please get the thread back on track and make it about Kapital and not about slinging mud at each other. Impassioned debate is not a problem as long as everyone keeps the personal stuff out of it.

MOVING ON MEANS MOVING ON