Ideas for the next SuFu Denim Contest?!

Still no count for Sugar Cane ??

48 for Samurai

Like I said, Either one is fine by me. Just as long as it isnt a low rise. May I propose just a tad tapered? You know like the FOB 151 (saying it again)...

So from me: +1 for Samurai. +1 for Sugar Cane. +1 for FOB 151

i tallied up the posts expressing interest in SC since platano posted and i got 35, give or take a few.

i don't really see the point of counting up all these people now when most of the people that are willing to compete are willing to do both. lets just see who offers the better deal and commit to them. personally i think another samurai contest would be repetetive, i want to compete in the next one but i want it to be different from the current one.

jesus this thread is a hot glowing bulb for all the pushy little nub-moths

frankly i think a poll option is flawed as plenty of people could vote without having any interest in participating; furthermore duplicate accounts are a likelihood since i dont think you can put join date or post count restrictions on polls

i think the pm method is fine

if it wouldnt be too much to ask, blackplatano should perhaps offer to field pms for sugarcane interest

one thing though is that people signing up should be at least near-definites

its pretty antithetical for people to pm beatle if they know theyre off the boat if a sugarcane order were to ship

i like the idea of cheaper canes, cos i'm a broke mofo.. but nothing seems to be happening, at the moment, sent a PM to beatle, i'm in with the sammy camp till something solid comes through with SC..

how about fullcounts? ive always like fullcounts.. but i think SC wld be really cool, cos i think the SC1947s were prob the catalyst for the jap denim "movement"..

Wow, for a second there I thought I was at hypebeast. I thought sufu was better than this. Anyways, it seems like we're kind of stuck in a catch-22 situation right now. A lot of people aren't willing to enter either contest until they know ALL the details from both jean companies, yet it looks like we can't get all the details until a certain number of people choose to enter. I'm interested in both contests, but until I know what each company is offering, I can't make a decision.

Cool, so now I can read about limited jeans again instead of e-bullying?

As for details, I'm with beatle that finalizing everything and then turning around and saying "Oh shit. We don't have enough people. I've been wasting your time" would not really be cool.

Yes it makes it harder on THIS end to get the buyers if the details aren't yet known.

A catch-22 that unfortunately we have to live with. At this rate we'll be close to 100 for Samurai pretty soon, and maybe can get some details sorted with them.

The reason I'm no tin *yet* for a potential SC contest is that it's a total unknown (the S0500XX was new... but was somewhat of a known quantity). Nobody owns anything for comparison, so it's 'buying blind' moreso than the more known territory Samurai.

would it really be that bad to ask samurai or sugarcane what we would get exacty if we did get 100 people?

because even if we get the 100 pms or w/e... id drop out in the end if i find that theyre gonna give us a bootcut model with rhinestones

ya dig?

would it really be that bad to ask samurai or sugarcane what we would get exacty if we did get 100 people?

because even if we get the 100 pms or w/e... id drop out in the end if i find that theyre gonna give us a bootcut model with rhinestones

ya dig?

hmm true... I guess it's not like they have to make up a sample. Just take a couple minutes to list off the options

I also think it is reasonable for us to know what would be offered with 100 people, I think there are clearly that many interested in a contest between the two camps and the fence-sitters. If both companies made their offers as to denim, details, and cost we might have an easier time getting locked down.

ya dig?

Same here, that's why the counts don't mean anything. Get 100 people, 20% will think the cuts too big, 20% will think the cuts too small, and 20% will already have something similar. Obviously I pulled those percentages out of my ass, but you get the point.

once again, like people said and like I originally did, I dont get why beatle wont find out what Sammy is willing to do for us... seems strange to me, i appreciate her efforts, but this probably wont go anywhere unless she takes this step

wouldnt it be worse and MORE embarassing if we all sign up, then it turns out to be an emo cut and you lose 95 of the votes? the first situation wouldnt be embarassing at all, its just inquiring

I currently work in the fashion industry, and while my company generaly doesnt do wholesale or anything, we have received a few custom orders in the past that we have accepted. I can't speak for the companies in the thread although - if we were to receive an enquiry that didn't have the requirments listed to the exact detail we wouldnt automaticaly turn it down.

I think there is more then enough info to pass onto the brands to see what they can do. No one is aking for samples or definites - just doing an interest check...

I am signed up for the Sammie contest.

That said, there is definitely room for a Sugar Cane contest, too. The particular point is that SC is, apparently, redesigning their entire line of jeans. Some have suggested that the word “modern” means skinny, but there is so evidence to suggest that SC would go from repro to skinny in one fell swoop. The market just isn’t there for a line entirely devoted to Euro-Skinny. Perhaps they are simply less anti-fit and more, shall we say, modern.

This suggests that SC would not only be open to suggestions about the specifics of a cut to be put up for a contest, but also that they would see the resulting P.R. value as particularly worth their attention to the requests.

I am really sorry to see the head-to-head competition between our key organizers, as it is so totally unnecessary. I really feel that IF a company puts forward an interesting jean and a contest is seen as a worthy challenge, then the buyers/players will come. We will do and BE the P.R. that will bring in those that will participate.

I think the SF process whereby the SFx5EP collab jeans have been designed is a worthy thread to peruse. One or two people have taken the leadership role, but there was a real open discussion on the fit and features, right down to a proto-type that got critiqued and then further refined. It’s the process I’m talking about.

Working with a Japanese company will probably be less, shall we say, transparency with regard to the design process, but we can emphasize the P.R. value not just of having the contest, but in making sure the cut and design is what the denim heads who will be the champions of the contest actually wanted.

Hats off to Beatle, as the experienced leader in the contest arena. Samurai have also already sponsored one, so they’re veterans in this, as well. Both BP and Sugar Cane have not actually conducted the administration of a contest yet, so some growing/learning pains are simply part of the turf.

Both Beatle and BP do need to reopen their communications with the makers. We don’t yet have the full #s committed, but it is perfectly reasonable to say that the numbers WILL be there. Part of building support is the word about the contest jean design, so you can toss the ball back into their court WHILE we build up the enthusiasm here. With a few more details, we can beat the bushes to bring in the players. It’s a step-wise process. Our leaders (Beatle and BP, in this case) give a little and then the makers must give a little (details), then we fans the flames, and then the makers see it is worth making a prototype or getting clear with their plans. And so on.

Anyway, those who are DOING the actual work here deserve a bit of leeway.., and our thanks as well as support.

Allright - here is my update.

Since we're not going to be 100 - which is what Samuari needs to run a limited SuFu edition - here are her options..

S0510XXAI-N natural indigo 17oz price 42000 yen = ruled out , too expensive

S5000VX 21oz 29190yen = ruled out , too heavy

S3000BK black denim of S3000VX 24990yen = ?? enough people for black ?

S7000VX special model. (re-produce 29190yen = GREAT

S510XX19oz The style is like S0510XX. 26040yen = ruled out, too [/i]thick

I am highly intersted in the S7000VX - seems like a straight cut and 14 oz denim ...

s7000vx.jpg

S0510XXAI-N natural indigo 17oz :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

S7000VX special model. (re-produce because of many request) 29190yen =

I am highly intersted in the S7000VX - seems like a straight cut and 14 oz denim ...

s7000vx.jpg

Yeah I could go for that too...but damn...the AI...you shouldn't of mentioned that-to me at least :(....s7000 is fine though