new pbj model

nettiemoore

I got mine two days ago, and after a soak, they were super tight in the waist, but they have already eased up. This is my first pair of jeans that even approaches this level of slubbiness.....do any of Samurai's heavier denims get close to the slubbiness of these. Not only do I love the deep blue/purple color of these, the texture is awesome and has me rubbing my jeans all throughout the day.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got mine two days ago, and after a soak, they were super tight in the waist, but they have already eased up. This is my first pair of jeans that even approaches this level of slubbiness.....do any of Samurai's heavier denims get close to the slubbiness of these. Not only do I love the deep blue/purple color of these, the texture is awesome and has me rubbing my jeans all throughout the day.

I don't own 007s, but I've seen them, and I think it's fair to say that Samurai 0500s approach the 007's level of slubbiness (they are also 15oz--heavy denim, but not one of Samurai's "heavier" denims).

Sadly, my 008s are just not getting that much wear these days. Now that theetruscan has bowed out of the 008 game, is there anybody else working on these things seriously? I've probably put in maybe 30 days of total wear. Any updates out there?

we need more evolution pics, aren't there more sufu'ers who have been wearing these for a while now?

Mine have 40 or so days more wear than they did at the last pics, and another wash. When Gordon returns them, I'll post the pics, but they've continued to look quite like the earlier pics. Nothing remotely like the crazy fake "washed" version PBJ has on their site.

EDIT: Also the 21oz Sams and the Onis are both slubbier than the 007s. I'm sure there are others, but that's it off the top of my head. There are bigger warp knots on the Texas cotton sams, but they're generally less slubby.

Sadly, my 008s are just not getting that much wear these days. Now that theetruscan has bowed out of the 008 game, is there anybody else working on these things seriously? I've probably put in maybe 30 days of total wear. Any updates out there?

I think they're going to be slow wearing in. The honeycombs and suchlike were much less pronounced than the 007s after the same time. It's because they're soft, thin denim I think. If I'd had any meaningful wear after my 30 days, I'd have posted it, but there was nothing of note.

i'll post pics of my 008's when i get them back. like theetruscan's, mine are with Gordon too. mine have about 2 months of wear and three washes.

but to clarify, i don't go for the high contrast fading. i like an even more natural fade (not that high-contrast fading is unnatural, but an even fade suits me better), so you may not even like my version.

Stretching plus shrinking waist=who wants to trade newish 007s in 30 or 31 for 2 day old 32s. Its nice to succeed with my diet, but no so much at expense of failing with my pants.

I don't own 007s, but I've seen them, and I think it's fair to say that Samurai 0500s approach the 007's level of slubbiness (they are also 15oz--heavy denim, but not one of Samurai's "heavier" denims).

I've been wearing a pair of 008's for a few months now. I think they were shipped to me sometime in August? On and off for a bit, but they're pretty much full time now that my 005's need repaired a little.

The 0500s are texas cotton, right? My texas cotton jeans are very cool, but not all that slubby. Couple of huge warp knots, and feel very interesting though. I see exactly what they mean by hard.

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I´m concerned the only denim / company using texas cotton is Samurai..

But the XX-007 denim feels slubby as well...

taken from BIG website...

The XX-007 is a 100% indigo woven

denim. The most common indigo denims are woven with vertical

indigo warp threads and horizontal undyed weft yarns. The XX-007

uses genuine indigo dyed warp and weft (threads and yarns) to

create a solid blue indigo jean. The cores of these threads and

yarns remain undyed as the indigo does not fully penetrate to the

centers. This allows for contrast fading similar to that of traditional

blue jeans but with a unique blue overcast.

As far as I´m concerned the only denim / company using texas cotton is Samurai..

But the XX-007 denim feels slubby as well...

Doesn't Skull do the Texas cotton thing too? Finally got my 007s back from BiG (6 weeks + $25 of repairs later), as soon as the weather clears up I'll snap some pics, though to be honest there hasn't been that much change in the last 40 or so days of wear.

I got my 32's to shrink down to 32 after a long hot soak. They fit just about perfect as soon as I put them on, so my conclusion is that with stretching, this fit definitely won't last. How much stretching can I expect from these...if I want the waist to fit like a true 32 after stretching, should I get a 30 or 31? Thanks in advance.