new pbj model

nettiemoore

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah... that looks just like the Nando's in terms of the color cast... very deep. It's going to be interesting to see the same color indigo as the 45rpm but with the PBJ slub -action.

Yeah... that looks just like the Nando's in terms of the color cast... very deep. It's going to be interesting to see the same color indigo as the 45rpm but with the PBJ slub -action.

indeed, really feel like the color of these too would have to been seen in person to gauge. I'd still go for the nandoxnando in a year b/c i have too many "slubby" jeans as is.

wasn't pbj a break off of 45rpm anyways? now they stealing the nando?.....nando?

indeed, really feel like the color of these too would have to been seen in person to gauge. I'd still go for the nandoxnando in a year b/c i have too many "slubby" jeans as is.

wasn't pbj a break off of 45rpm anyways? now they stealing the nando?.....nando?

PBJ? i thought it was just chimala...

Thanks for the heads up. I've not had the opportunity yet to check them out, but should do so within the next couple of months.

Talking of 45rpm splinter's, I'd recommend taking a look at the brand Pure Blue Japan. It's made by a supplier who made jeans for 45rpm before they parted ways. Beautiful denim. Outstanding actually. Considered by some people I know, better than 45's current jeans. Priced well too.

The AI-001's are natural indigo. Front rise is around 11". They feature slightly different stitching to the XX-003 (super thick thread round the fly and pockets & inside leg), and pale blue selvedge. The denim is of a rougher, undulating, uneven texture than the XX-003.

The XX-003 are superb jeans too. Pink selvedge. Similar fit.

Otherwise, both jeans are pretty plain, with plain back pockets and rivets. Both available dry or one-wash. Both don't crock much at all. Both had squared off inside fly facings that bothered me a bit, but were easily fixed in a few seconds (turn the corner in on itself).

If memory serves, prices are around:

AI-001 = 45000 yen

XX-003 = 19000 yen

this is where all hell broke out and half the world bought pure blue.

I'm torn. I have a pair of xx-005's with about 8 months of solid wear and one wash. I love the fit, but I was going to start to look at something else to compliment it. I really wish they would put the xx-006 denim on the xx-005 cut. Or least commit to it even if they don't plan on doing it right away. Fuck I'll prolly just buy 'em, "7" was my little league number afterall.

I kinda know how you feel, I keep meaning to buy the 005bk but I kinda think I shouldnt because I have the blue ones, now these have came out and i want these too! As much as I adore sugarcane I think if I could only buy from one company it would be Pure Blue Japan, they just have everything ( almost ) slim blacks, slubbyness, natural indigo, these super smart looking 007s, project jeans the 006.

When I buy jeans its allways a compromise between fit and fabric, pbj seem to be by far the best option for this. The fabric is amazing and the 005 is my favourite fit. It takes a super nice denim to make me stray away from slim, e.g. eternal 18oz, natural edo ais, etc etc.

Whoever gets these should post umpteen pics - Ill rep you for each pic posted x x x

I'm torn. I have a pair of xx-005's with about 8 months of solid wear and one wash. I love the fit, but I was going to start to look at something else to compliment it. I really wish they would put the xx-006 denim on the xx-005 cut. Or least commit to it even if they don't plan on doing it right away. Fuck I'll prolly just buy 'em, "7" was my little league number afterall.

Put up some pics of the 005s! Mine are about the same age. Planning to post some later today when I have camera access.

I'm not sold on the dyed on both sides jeans yet. I'd like to see what a broken in pair looks like. I'm guessing awesome, I just want some confirmation.

damn man... i wanted the SExIH to be my lone purchase in 07, but it looks as if there might be another buy.

Tell me about it. I wanted to do 1 purchase this year, but now its looking like 2, and its only march -_-

Put up some pics of the 005s! Mine are about the same age. Planning to post some later today when I have camera access.

I'm not sold on the dyed on both sides jeans yet. I'd like to see what a broken in pair looks like. I'm guessing awesome, I just want some confirmation.

I don't think they're ready yet. They look decent, just not good enough to post yet. It would be like taking a picture of a baby right after it came out. You don't want all that afterbirth screwing everything up.