new pbj model

nettiemoore

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It reads 'NEW' and sold out. Pre-order must be hot.
So they're not actually sold out? Or are they?

Its not sold out. Big's xx-009 page is working now.

Measurements are up and you can actually buy them!

I wonder why the smallest size they have is a 34? Maybe they figure only the biggin's that couldn't fit into the xx-007's will buy them. Hmm.

My 007s should be here tomorrow. So excited.BiG was a little slow sending them out, then DHL held on to them all day Friday. I guess their courier never bothered coming, the tracking number still says with courier/scheduled for delivery. I called and bitched and the operator said they should be here first thing tomorrow.

anyone ordered the xx007 in one-wash?

i wonder if the one-wash would effect the special dying done on that model if any.

No, it won't effect the "special" dying.

It just removes any excess indigo and gets all the shrinkage out of the way.

Oh, and PBJ's look beautiful when they get a wash! The slub really shows through.

someone posted these on t5-forum. 6months worn, 3 washes.

very nice outcome, imo. thought that posting these up here wasn´t a bad idea...

uIMG_3659.jpg

uIMG_3640.jpg

uIMG_3649.jpg

uIMG_3642.jpg

uIMG_3653.jpg

uIMG_3655.jpg

uIMG_3651.jpg

heads up to the original poster and owner of these babies, patrick731.

Wow.

I never knew the fade would be so similar to normal Indigo dyed denim.

I will now throw my xx-007's into my rotation.

Awesome.

6 months? wow thats amazing.

Ive got all of about 3.5 months of wear on mine, and I still havent washed...am I holding out too long for the first wash?

(Mind you, Im not making it a point to avoid washing them...it just hasnt come across to me that its time yet...because you know..indigo loss is the LAST thing Im worried about with these.)

anyone ordered the xx007 in one-wash?

i wonder if the one-wash would effect the special dying done on that model if any.

I have the one wash and it isn't affecting anything. If your holding out on getting them because you want the raws, just get the one wash.

6 months? wow thats amazing.

Ive got all of about 3.5 months of wear on mine, and I still havent washed...am I holding out too long for the first wash?

(Mind you, Im not making it a point to avoid washing them...it just hasnt come across to me that its time yet...because you know..indigo loss is the LAST thing Im worried about with these.)

I think you'd be safe to do a soak or wash if you wanted. I wore mine for about 3 months before i had a bowl of melted butter spilled on my lap at a lobster cook out. I did a soak and now they look even better than before. The slub and vertical falling really starts to show, not to mention the infinite shades of blue that are visible. But if you wanted to hold out for another 3 months, i doubt it would hurt. Just pray against crotch rips.

I was in Mitsuwa yesterday reading the lastest Lighting and I saw a Pure Blue Japan advertisement next to a preview about a new pair of denim coming out.

At first I thought they were just xx-007, but then I realized that they were much more purple.

New model, dyed in the same fashion as xx-007 (dyed warp and weft), and the only name it had for them was "Purple Face".

Can anyone dig deeper into this?

these jeans represent an ingenious idea come to life. some of the most intriguing denim ive never seen. gotta get to BIG to see it up close and personal.

"Purple Face"? Or xx-007's?

I would say both are wonderful.

So beautiful.