new pbj model

nettiemoore

i know the pics of mine look weird, and as others have said, its hard to get good representation of the color of these, especially on my old camera.

But, i do get alot of abrasion wear on the thighs in mine, so the slubs are showing fading and they really are starting to look a little mottled.

heres a pic of under a desk lamp with the camera flash off. The pair underneath are my raw black apc for comparison.

IMG_4601.jpg

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they might not be the same exact thing, but my gf has been rocking her nando x nandos and i'm guessing they're quite similar to the xx-007s. if they are, i'm starting to really think that if you guys go long without washing on these, they might turn out ridiculously contrasty. like maybe too much. (but don't take me wrong -- i'm really digging the denim and the extreme fades already. really fun evo.)

i guess we'll see.

Yeah, that looks like the fading on mine but further along.* It's got a "unique" look to it.* I haven't put in as much time in these as I should, been focusing on my SExIH01 Blackies and my Somet Slims.* It'll probably end up being a "love it" or "hate it" type of jean.* Lucky I love mine.
yeah, i agree they have a unique look.* Luckily, right now i love mine too.* I am a little afraid though that i'll end up not liking the way they look as they evolve, but right now i've been wearing mine all the time.* Theetruscan... Its interesting seeing the pics of your pair... i think the contrast showing in the slubs isnt as apparent on yours because they've been washed a couple times and there is more overall color loss.* Also, it looks from the pics they the texture of the denim has actually toned down a bit from wear and washing.. is that the case?

Hmmm, I don't think it's from the washing. The white dots appeared and disappeared with wear. There was this intermediate stage right about where yours are that looked almost speckled. I actually didn't like that stage much and if I'd had another pair of project jeans at that time would have shelved the 007s. After maybe 30 days more wear the extreme white kind of faded. There's not a ton of color loss anywhere, the white dots just kind of . . . disappeared.

hetero4sho, your fit is incredible. Are they tapered? I've been wearing a pair for about a week, and have considered getting them tapered because, while I like the fit from waist to knee, I don't like the 9" hem (size 33). If they have been tapered, could you post pre- and post-measurements?

hetero4sho, your fit is incredible. Are they tapered? I've been wearing a pair for about a week, and have considered getting them tapered because, while I like the fit from waist to knee, I don't like the 9" hem (size 33). If they have been tapered, could you post pre- and post-measurements?

I didn't like how it fit from the knee down either. It was originally an 8.25 hem, now it's 6.5"

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone help me with sizing on these. Im a total newb to Shrink to Fit denim. I really wan tto buy a pair of the PBJ-007 from BiG but am nervous about if they will fit or not. My waist measures at about 33.75 inches, however I wear a 30 in my RRDS and they aren't even tight I wouldn't say, and I wear a 29 in APC Rescues. Would a 31 fit me in the PBJ 007? Thanks I would definitely appreciate help from someone on this.

A 31 sounds about right for you..keep in mind they stretch a bit.

I wear a 29 in Nudie RRDS (sized down 1), a 30 in SJ's. My actual waist measurement is 32" and I got a 30 in these...they are a perfect fit mate. (they were hard to button up after the soak, but after a few wears they've really relaxed)

So seeing that you wear a 30 in RRDS a 31 007 sounds about right.

jwied your 007's look crazy...gonna turn mine inside out and see if they are similar, heh.

So Ive been wearing my 007's lately (finally) almost a month of wear on them...they're progressing much faster than I anticipated. (will post pics later)

A few posts back someone mentioned that these jeans could really turn out with "too much" contrast if you delay washing as you would say with a pair of APC's or Nudies.

Is that still the general consensus? I was thinking of holding off about 5 months before a first wash, then wash monthly after that.

I really wan tto buy a pair of the PBJ-007 from BiG but am nervous about if they will fit or not. My waist measures at about 33.75 inches,

If that is your hip measurement then I agree with cabl3 about the sizing, 31s will fit you but they will be a little snug around the waist even after stretching to their max (don't be afraid to hot soak because of this). My waist is 33.86 inches and I went with the 31s. If you want comfortable then go with 32. Make sure you check BIGs post soak thigh measurements too, I have stick legs and the 31's are barely loose enough.