new pbj model

nettiemoore

...and i'd like to thank Gordon and the BiG fam for graciously offering me a great chance to completely part ways with my IRS refund check..

i wish we'd been able to spend more time together..but alas, i must say goodbye

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the leaf is new and will probably end up on all models. I like it. It was Gordon from BIG's idea and I think it's really cool that a Japanese company would take his advice. Whether or not the Japanese versions will have the leaf, I don't know. I don't think the Levis suit is as big of a deal there so they will probably stick with the blue tab. I could be very wrong though.

amongst the news about the 008 it was also stated that the leaf will be used on all jeans produced by pbj, not just the ones coming to America. So Gordon is fully responsible for a brand's logo, which is a rather big thing.

YES OMG, I cant get over the slubbyness...I was having dinner w/some friends and caught myself constantly rubbing the denim....lol I love these jeans!

And kudos to all of us who were able to snab the 007's pre-leaf. Despite re-production of the 007, I now feel like I truly have a unique pair.

I know that BIG was once the only retailer for the xx-007, but does anyone know if they're now available at the PBJ store in Tokyo? I want a pair but only with tabs.

Also, I think, for now, the leaf design only pertains to the xx-008, so othe PBJ's purchased outside the US should still have tabs intact:

"This is something we came up with for those jeans to be sold in

the USA but PBJ has decided to adopt it for all XX-008 sold worldwide."

I know that BIG was once the only retailer for the xx-007, but does anyone know if they're now available at the PBJ store in Tokyo? I want a pair but only with tabs.

Also, I think, for now, the leaf design only pertains to the xx-008, so othe PBJ's purchased outside the US should still have tabs intact:

"This is something we came up with for those jeans to be sold in

the USA but PBJ has decided to adopt it for all XX-008 sold worldwide."

A couple of pages back shows the XX-007 that will be stocked at Take 5 in Hong Kong. It has the leaf. I'm pretty sure that all PBJs from now on will have the leaf.

So, no, you won't be able to get the XX-007 w/ tags because none were made with tags. I think there's a pair or 2 in the PBJ store in Japan but they aren't for sale (only for display) but even then, I doubt they have tags.

Your choices for the XX-007 will be at BiG (if they still have your size) with no tags or leaf, or wait for the new release with the leaf.

Good luck!

yes it's an indigo leaf, at least a nice artistic rendering that translated to stitching (lol)

indigo_plant.jpg

I mean it's really an ill idea...

but i can think of some other leaves i wouldn't mind seeing

xx-009 - all hemp edition??? hehe

Hey man,

When you email Gordon, can you ask him where he got the idea for the leaf from? Is it the leaf from the indigo plant? Cuz that would be kinda cool...

I'm pretty sure the its meant to be an indigo leaf, its been mentioned before.

Hey man,

When you email Gordon, can you ask him where he got the idea for the leaf from? Is it the leaf from the indigo plant? Cuz that would be kinda cool...

I conferred with Gordon. He said that he wasn't sure that the XX-007 would have the back leaf design (although the prototype did). Perhaps its advocates will influence the outcome. I know Ironheart restored the motorcycle to its patch after so many people endorsed it.

• 2 weeks later...

I need a belt for my 007's...I havent been wearing them since Im working on my RRDS right now and am gonna wash them in about 6-8 weeks roughly, THEN I'll wear my Peanut Butter and Jelly's every day.

I need a belt for them though. I want an ALD belt in saddle leather. Dont know if I should go w/dark leather or the regular brown one...opinions?

I need a belt for my 007's...I havent been wearing them since Im working on my RRDS right now and am gonna wash them in about 6-8 weeks roughly, THEN I'll wear my Peanut Butter and Jelly's every day.

I need a belt for them though. I want an ALD belt in saddle leather. Dont know if I should go w/dark leather or the regular brown one...opinions?

I prefer dark brown.

:eek: Hey i_j I almost forgot you posted here.

Hmm Im glad I got mine pre-leaf...hah the other day I was thinking of taking a red tab or a silver tab from some old levi's or silver tab levi's and putting it on my pbj's.

Not a good Idea for me though since then it'd say levis and well yea thats no good for pbjs. What Im looking for is some tabs just have the circle w/the R on it...or C i dunno its the copyright circle and no "levi's". Maybe..just maybe.

What do you all think?

:eek: Hey i_j I almost forgot you posted here.

Hmm Im glad I got mine pre-leaf...hah the other day I was thinking of taking a red tab or a silver tab from some old levi's or silver tab levi's and putting it on my pbj's.

Not a good Idea for me though since then it'd say levis and well yea thats no good for pbjs. What Im looking for is some tabs just have the circle w/the R on it...or C i dunno its the copyright circle and no "levi's". Maybe..just maybe.

What do you all think?

too much work