new pbj model

nettiemoore

lol sure bro, although i doubt rep from someone w/out rep would really help you, but w/e thanks for the help!

Im not concerned about the dryer shrinking them too much....im concerned about the dryer damaging the denim or making it fuzzy. (yes i know the difference between slubby and fuzzy crap that appears in most denim if you wash them early on)

I think ill put em in the dryer for 15 mins then wear them damp till they dry.

BiG's 1 wash service throws the jeans in the dryer (that's what I had them do for my XX-007). I've thrown most of my jeans in the dryer w/ no issues regarding fabric turning fuzzy or messed up selvedge seams. Be sure to add some boiling water to the tub as you're soaking!

Cheers!

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes boiling water will help in keeping it rather hot, and fact of the matter is that BiG aggitates the water a bit evern while hot soaking in their O/X service to help remove startch.

Leave them in the tub for a while 1 or 2 hrs will do then throw them in the dryer and blast them with high heat do 15 min inside out then 15 min outside in. If you can deal with it wear them to stretch and dry.

and in my other post, what I went through was a rather uncomfortable stretching process which I can't stand doing.

Good Luck!

yes boiling water will help in keeping it rather hot, and fact of the matter is that BiG aggitates the water a bit evern while hot soaking in their O/X service to help remove startch.

Leave them in the tub for a while 1 or 2 hrs will do then throw them in the dryer and blast them with high heat do 15 min inside out then 15 min outside in. If you can deal with it wear them to stretch and dry.

and in my other post, what I went through was a rather uncomfortable stretching process which I can't stand doing.

Good Luck!

Great, will do that. Not to nitpick but you said "inside out" then "outside in" which is the same thing......lol dunno, but I get the point.

I was typing fast before sorry, I always leave my jeans inside out for a while to get the pocket bags dy then reverse the process and dry the outside as well for the same amount of time. Remember there is no right or wrong so it doesn't really matter.

Thank God I picked up the XX-007 before they came out with the leaf. Just my opinion but I think that leaf is so lame.

Hmmmm... Seems like PBJ is going the route of Samurai in that they're "limited editions" aren't that limited since they get re-released a year or so later. I thought the XX-007s weren't going to be a regular production jean...

I thought the XX-007s weren't going to be a regular production jean...

yeah thats kind of the reason i purchased them, if I had known that they would be re-released I wouldn't have blown the money because they could have waited.:( I had too many other projects going on at the time.

rome1 & cabl3 - totally in the same boat with you guys. I actually called BiG and asked them if they knew if the XX-007 was going to come out again and they said that they didn't know for sure but they didn't think it was going to. I should have sent an email to PBJ directly I guess. I slept on these when they came out but finally broke down when they were down to the last pair of 29W.

Look on the bright side, at least ours don't have that hideous (IMHO) leaf.

Is everyone's like mine or like BiG's?

like yours

the BiG photos might be of a sample or prototype

seems to be more of a defect

that they'd try to fix...or just clean up the stitching

Yes, the leaf is new and will probably end up on all models. I like it. It was Gordon from BIG's idea and I think it's really cool that a Japanese company would take his advice. Whether or not the Japanese versions will have the leaf, I don't know. I don't think the Levis suit is as big of a deal there so they will probably stick with the blue tab. I could be very wrong though.