new pbj model

nettiemoore

i just got my one wash xx007 , thanks everyone.

they are truly amazing jeans. the best jeans i have so far, far more unique than anything i have seen yet. and the fit is outstanding.

however, the one wash, did you all experience who got one, they did not come very stiff.

almost all loose and floppy , like someone tried them on a few dozen times.

did this happen to you when you got yours new? mine are not stiff at all. very slubby but floppy .

my somets came new all rigid and could stand on its own two feet.:)

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

however, the one wash, did you all experience who got one, they did not come very stiff.

almost all loose and floppy , like someone tried them on a few dozen times.

did this happen to you when you got yours new? mine are not stiff at all. very slubby but floppy .

Stiff when raw, not when one-wash. That's normal. Look on the bright side though, mine were my first pair of raw denim. Wore them raw for a day, biked 30-40 miles, backs of my knees started bleeding.

• 2 weeks later...
Stiff when raw, not when one-wash. That's normal. Look on the bright side though, mine were my first pair of raw denim. Wore them raw for a day, biked 30-40 miles, backs of my knees started bleeding.

ha, mine were raw though i soaked them and then threw them in the dryer for 20 mins...the backs of my knees still bled the first few times i wore them

couldnt even crouch down without experiencing pain..lol

them be man scars

so when does Big come out with the purple xx007 or xx010 I believe that is what it is called.

if it is dyed purple on the warp i am definitely getting a pair, but if it is just dyed purple on the weft,

would there be any noticeable difference in fading characteristics between that and the xx007?

like would the purply weft color come through on the fade somehow? or is the purple weft just a gimmick?

thanks

actually i just got off the phone with BiG and the girl there said they have a sample of the 010 and put it side by side with the 007 and she says the warp (outer thread) color is completely different from each other.

so the 010 is purply on the outside as well, just not too purply , a hint but still indigo. but still apparently different from the 007. which then for me, it justifies me to preorder a pair which i did. dang.

well then you better post pics when you get it...sounds so interesting

mmm my 007's slubs look so nice...a lot of people compliment the texture

pbj's slubby denim causes unwarranted (though not necessarily unwanted) thigh rubbing

from unsuspecting females "ooh your jeans look so cool!" *rubs hand on thigh*

So Im really confused now... how come PBJ and BIG have such conflicting measurements posted? I assume the measurements on PBJ are for raw, unwashed, but they dont come close to matching up with BIG on the 007s or 006s, and those are the only ones I checked. Anyone have insight into why this is and who to believe? According to PBJ, the 007 is a lot slimmer than the measurements on BIG led me to believe.

So Im really confused now... how come PBJ and BIG have such conflicting measurements posted? I assume the measurements on PBJ are for raw, unwashed, but they dont come close to matching up with BIG on the 007s or 006s, and those are the only ones I checked. Anyone have insight into why this is and who to believe? According to PBJ, the 007 is a lot slimmer than the measurements on BIG led me to believe.

You kept in mind that the pbj site measurements are in cm right? And the BiG are in inches? Just making sure. Other than that i would say your reading raw measurements from the pbj site and one wash from BiG

yeah its really strange, yeah I realized it was in CM and that is was the raw on PBJs website. for example, a size 32 in 007s according to BIG is 34.5, 12.5, and 8.75 for waist, thigh, and leg opening in raw pre wash. on PBJs website, it is 34.2, 12.0, 8.25. so as you can see, the waist matches up, but the thigh and leg opening are significantly different.

but like you guys said, Im more inclined to believe BIG since everyone else has had success with it.

• 3 weeks later...
what's with all the pickiness about the leaf logo on the back pocket?? like, "kudos to all those who got the blue tabs instead of the leaf.." whatevers.

it still is the same jean.

I personally like the leaf detail; it's those little things I can appreciate from quality denim, although I couldn't tell you why the blue tabs are better. I would be more than happy to take either pair any day though.

Hot damn, I think its time for a new pair of jeans. My Sammies from way back when are literally falling apart, and even though I was just gonna pick up some APCs, I feel a connection with these jeans...

Not to mention I just cashed my student loan!

So from what I gather the 007s stretch quickly? If I wanted a 32 actual what tagged size would you recommend I go for?

• 2 weeks later...

I just got delivery of my new xx010 in size 30 raw/unwashed.

the color and denim is of course, amazing,

but however, the color difference to my xx007 is not markedly different to warrant me to keep this pair along with my xx007.

anybody interested in picking these up from me for the BiG price 275 i will cover ship.

these are brand new and not even tried on. i did not even try because the color is too similar to my xx007

just fyi. anyways, if no interest i will just return to BiG, just figured to let anyone pick them up here before they go disappear from BiG as these are already being sold out there.