The Flight Jacket Thread

still

• 4 weeks later...

Would any of you be able to give me a value steer on an original pre WW2/Battle of britain model Irvin RAF jacket. It's got the one piece front sections.

A neighbour of mine has one of these and is considering selling it on ebay. It seems to be in fabulous overall condition (for it's age) with 2 very small tears on the sleeves and has been verified as authentic by the Imperial War museum.

I've asked her to send me some pics which i'll put up when I get them and also if she knows the history of it.

Wow, that's some jacket ^^^!

Picked up another from John about a month ago. Because it was one of his personal jackets, I didn’t have to wait or break it in too much and it still looked brand new. This one (size 44: “ACMEâ€) couldn’t be more different from my first (size 42: Dubow bought a few years back). As you can see, the fit is different due in part to size and I also highlighted some of the other differences in stitching, zipper, cuffs, etc. The many differences give me more versatility, including being able to wear them in different weather conditions as the “ACME†is a thicker leather and roomy enough to wear a light sweater underneath.

ACME1.jpg

ACME

Dubow2.jpg

Dubow

ACME2.jpg

ACME3.jpg

ACME4.jpg

ACME6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

airfrogusmc Yea...markup for jackets.Other products such like brown pants really blend well with a-2,hope to see anyone rocking it.

..........................................................................................................

Dear Santa ...those sugarcane black boots are my wish .Peace :D

Guest infuncsit
Posted · Hidden by ordo, December 24, 2011 - OFF TOPIC CRAP (ALL CAPS)
Hidden by ordo, December 24, 2011 - OFF TOPIC CRAP (ALL CAPS)

Television design is the process of creating It is also the art of organizing or arranging certain elements that are related to design to communicate an idea. These elements have to be in conformity with the design principles, and they include lines, forms, colours, textures, tones, space that create images as symbols, illustrations, pictures, etc.

Federal law requires Congress to authorize the government to borrow any money that is needed to pay for the programs that Congress has passed. As the national debt has grown, the Treasury has periodically bumped against this debt limit or debt ceiling.

Votes to raise it are among the least popular things Congress does, but the limit has been raised dozens of time, generally with little fanfare. But in 2011, the debt ceiling became the central battleground for conflict between the Republicans who took control of the House in the 2010 elections, and President Obama and the Democrats who still control the Senate.

In May, the Treasury Department said that the debt limit of $14.29 trillion had been reached, but said it could keep the government functioning normally by "extraordinary measures'' that would run their course by Aug. 2.

By the end of July, increasingly bitter talks still continued, as an event that had once seemed unthinkable — a default by the federal government — loomed only days away.

Late on the night of July 31, President Obama and Congressional leaders of both parties announced an agreement that would raise the debt ceiling by up to $2.4 trillion in two stages, enough to keep borrowing into 2013. The pact called for at least $2.4 trillion in spending cuts over 10 years, with $900 billion in across the board cuts to be enacted immediately.

Brian Ofsie

Brian Ofsie

Brian Ofsie

Brian Ofsie

Brian Ofsie

A bipartisan Congressional commission would be given the task of coming up with the second round of deficit reduction. To put pressure on, a "trigger'' was adopted that meant a failure by Congress to enact those cuts would lead to across-the-board cuts in military spending, education, transportation and Medicare payments to health care providers.

Large portions of both parties were unhappy with the plan — Democrats opposed it because it cuts spending deeply without raising revenues, while many in the Tea Party wing of the House Republican caucus were against any increase in the debt limit. Many economists complained that cutting spending in a time of economic weakness would slow down any recovery.

Nevertheless, the House approved the agreement on Aug. 1, by a 269 to 161 vote that was stronger than expected. The Senate passed the measure the following day, hours before the deadline set by the Treasury. It was signed shortly thereafter by Mr. Obama, who called the near-brush with default "unnecessary.''

The agreement means there will not be another fight over the debt limit until 2013. But despite Mr. Obama's call to set the matter apart from partisan budget fights, Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the Republican leader, saw things differently.

as been raised dozens of time, generally with little fanfare. But in 2011, the debt ceiling became the central battleground for conflict between the Republicans who took control of the House in the 2010 elections, and President Obama and the Democrats who still control the Senate.

video production terms

drtv commercials

television advertising

video production companies

aerial films

In May, the Treasury Department said that the debt limit of $14.29 trillion had been reached, but said it could keep the government functioning normally by "extraordinary measures'' that would run their course by Aug. 2.

By the end of July, increasingly bitter talks still continued, as an event that had once seemed unthinkable — a default by the federal government — loomed only days away.

Late on the night of July 31, President Obama and Congressional leaders of both parties announced an agreement that would raise the debt ceiling by up to $2.4 trillion in two stages, enough to keep borrowing into 2013. The pact called for at least $2.4 trillion in spending cuts over 10 years, with $900 billion in across the board cuts to be enacted immediately.

A bipartisan Congressional commission would be given the task of coming up with the second round of deficit reduction. To put pressure on, a "trigger'' was adopted that meant a failure by Congress to enact those cuts would lead to across-the-board cuts in military spending, education, transportation and Medicare payments to health care providers.

Large portions of both parties were unhappy with the plan — Democrats opposed it because it cuts spending deeply without raising revenues, while many in the Tea Party wing of the House Republican caucus were against any increase in the debt limit. Many economists complained that cutting spending in a time of economic weakness would slow down any recovery.

Nevertheless, the House approved the agreement on Aug. 1, by a 269 to 161 vote that was stronger than expected. The Senate passed the measure the following day, hours before the deadline set by the Treasury. It was signed shortly thereafter by Mr. Obama, who called the near-brush with default "unnecessary.''

The agreement means there will not be another fight over the debt limit until 2013. But despite Mr. Obama's call to set the matter apart from partisan budget fights, Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the Republican leader, saw things differently.

whoa...you got taste.i just bought ww2 us army service boot. its got birth certificate made by gardiner shoe & co july 1944,mint condition for over 60 years..will post pic soon .

Edited by spidereye

Took some pix of the Royxcones complimented by a cushman sweat and my beloved Goodwear 1940 Monarch M-422.

Only had the jacket two years, mainly worn when cold and windy over the autumn/winter months. This was apparently only the third one made after Airfrogs (which IIRC was a John Chapman prototype?)

Again, thanks to Allen for the inspiration to muster the courage to pull the trigger on this one -

royxcone004.jpg

Edited by Dr_Heech

Sweet JACKET!!!!! Looks to be breaking in nicely.

I think mine was a very, very early model maybe the 2nd or 3rd 422 he made. I know he's using a different goatskin and mouton now. Good stuff but I'm so glad I have one made the way mine is made with the goatskin and mouton thats on mine and yours....

Edited by airfrogusmc

Sweet JACKET!!!!! Looks to be breaking in nicely.

I think mine was a very, very early model maybe the 2nd or 3rd 422 he made. I know he's using a different goatskin and mouton now. Good stuff but I'm so glad I have one made the way mine is made with the goatskin and mouton thats on mine and yours....

Thanks again for the original heads-up.

Yeah we were very lucky, as there is a long wait on new orders. So mine must have been the fifth or sixth made? (possibly?)

• 4 weeks later...

does anybody own a copy of this book and can recommend it?

Maguire/Conway - American Flight Jackets (1999)

http://www.amazon.co...27830905&sr=8-1

Yes I have a copy (probably one of many who do) and I can highly recommend it. Beautifull photos!

It's not a chronological guide as such, like: "Suit up - the flight jacket", it goes by campains and theatres of war, but it has many wonderfull photos and some accompanying history of the wearer. There are A-2's, M-422's, G-1's, B-15's and all the nylon jackets too.

Mostly about the A-2 and 'nose-art', but also early history and alot of rare jacket pix. I'd say go for it!

I bought it, cost £30 some six years ago. Worth every penny.

Edited by Dr_Heech