The Flight Jacket Thread

still

Aero Leather (I believe) gabardine A-2. Talon Zipper. Thinking about letting this jacket and and the shoes go unfortunately, but I just can't ustify having stuff like this around that never gets worn...

IMG_1229.jpg

IMG_1230.jpg

And some bonus pics of some (tried on once by me at least) USAF Officers Low quater shoes...

IMG_1240.jpg

IMG_1241.jpg

IMG_1244.jpg

• 1 month later...
Holy shit almost, that M-422a is amazing! They just don't make goatskin like that any more. Keep drinking and enjoy.
In a sober constitution i would've never bought this.thank God i was still pissed when ordering this jacket from Aeroleather. i am so glad i did.

Totally agree!! Its a real beauty.

Grant, dont you have a W&G M 422?

hey guys, gonna be ordering a Bronco A-2 from aero. I got the size down speaking with Amanda, I have a 38 chest and she suggested the 42 would be fine. But I've heard they run short so I'm wondering if I would need to add an inch or two to the body? I'm only 5'10 but I don't want it sitting too high on my waist.

^did you want it to fit big? I'm a 44 chest and ordered a 46 on mine. I also got extra length in the arms. Aero A2 usually fit tight like in a true 1940's size. Keep in mind you can order it with extra length if you want....

Oops, sorry I am a 40" chest and she suggested 42 haha. I have pretty normal proportions, do you think I will need extra length in arms and body?

^did you want it to fit big? I'm a 44 chest and ordered a 46 on mine. I also got extra length in the arms. Aero A2 usually fit tight like in a true 1940's size. Keep in mind you can order it with extra length if you want....

i'm about 36" in the chest and amanda suggested I get size 38. I happened to come across a second hand Aero in that size and got that. Fit is tight and short but it's what i wanted.

that reminds; does ayone have a A2 for sale in size 38 (Aero leather) or 36 (eastman, goodwear)? Or a G-1 jacket?

wuhi_8d3_u31k.jpg

wuhi_9bf_u31k.jpg

SLAB, that Aero fits you perfect, congrats. in your chest size it's still possible to come across nice originals for almost as much or less than a repro.

i'm about 36" in the chest and amanda suggested I get size 38. I happened to come across a second hand Aero in that size and got that. Fit is tight and short but it's what i wanted.

Hola....seeking for guide

I just bought cooper type a-2 in superb condition, how to make the leather surface looks shining and clean .What is the best cleaner to get rid off white fungus.Many thank in advance.