The Flight Jacket Thread

still

What are the options out there for custom fit A-2 jackets other than TOJ? Looking for something that is slimmer in the body than Aero or Eastman. My budget is under $600. Possible?

Good luck at that price point. I would HIGHLY recommend Goodwear Leather John Chapman but its not going to be $600.

so this is totally offtopic, but I though u guys might be able to point me in the right direction...

I was looking for info on the history of the Rayban aviator, decent well documented information that is, on the older and original models. I said to myself, flight jacket people might know about aviator sunglasses :D

basically I do know that the RB3025 is the original model and the 3026 is the updated model, but I'm curious about the aviator over the years, in what year did the change the model and how, etc...

side by side comparisons would also be sweet.

i'm sure there's info elsewhere in the thread, but what would you guys suggest using for care & conditioning? the collar on my A2 looks lighter and duller than the rest of the jacket (looks 'dried out' if that makes sense) and there's a few other stress points (elbows, shoulders) that look like they could do with a bit of love... if it was shoes, i'd just give 'em a polish, but obviously that isn't an option here. what's the recommended care regime?

Btw, before you apply Pecards to the entire jacket test a small inconspicuous area like under a pocket flap just to make sure it doesn't adversely affect the color. You only need to rub a little into the leather using your fingers, let soak in over night, then rub any excess off with a cotton rag. Hope this helps!

I am after something like the N-1 shown in the pic below for the COLOR and Design. Quality is easily assumed on the BR. I need it for summer and layering in Autumn. So, the only reason I can't order the one in pic is due to the heavy liner which as I understand is non-removable. Is there a BR or Real McCoy or any other similar deck jacket that you can recommend without the liner. I was also considering having the liner removed on one of these jackets...but I cringe at the thought.

uW6sW.jpg

• 3 weeks later...