Quote:
Quote:

King Stampede

WESC

Levis

Vans

KIF_1165.jpg

--- Original message by dcrevolution40 on May 16, 2006 03:26 PM

I dont know about everyone else but its always refreshing to see a post where someone's pants dont fit like women's leggings. Not flaming anyone in particular just my humble opinion.

--- Original message by mspark on May 16, 2006 04:32 PM

an opinon that I definately share

fit is nice

Dress how You Dress and I'll Dress How I'll Dress.

shot is blurrier than i'd like, my tripod is on loan to someone, but yea, first time post on this fourm.

wearing.jpg

spankin new Reebok Ventilators

Man i spent 400 bucks on this,

just to be like,

"nigga you ain't up on this"...

i can appreciate clothes that fit, but i just dont understand the skin tight shit i see so much on here, and never will

i mean it cant be comfortable either..most girls dont even like wearing such tight clothes, but just do it to show their curves, so why would you if you're a guy?

Quote:
Quote:

King Stampede

WESC

Levis

Vans

KIF_1165.jpg

I dont know about everyone else but its always refreshing to see a post where someone's pants dont fit like women's leggings. Not flaming anyone in particular just my humble opinion.

the exact same could be said against those of you who choose to wear your jeans as if they were SWEATPANTS. but the difference is, i choose not to say anything. because what would be the point?
Quote: i can appreciate clothes that fit, but i just dont understand the skin tight shit i see so much on here, and never will

i mean it cant be comfortable either..most girls dont even like wearing such tight clothes, but just do it to show their curves, so why would you if you're a guy?

DONT understand it then. people can wear whatever the fuck they want.

Edited by chris on May 16, 2006 at 11:59 PM

I think chicks like tight jeans on guys not because they think it looks good on them (the guy) but rather because they envy the skinny look and wish it for themselves. Kinda of a skinny envy thing. I mean really, the last American sex symbol in tight jeans was fucking Burt Reynolds.

Hey all- just have some thoughts to share about denim fits for men:

From what I have seen, working in the fashion industry, is that the skinny jean look on men is still very new and in the minority. Most men would still prefer jeans which are either comfortable (soft and relaxed) or flattering but not constrictive. Most men often don't think they are 'cool' enough to 'pull off' the look of tighter jeans, dont understand the look, or have bigger thighs and couldn't, even if they wanted to, wear them.

I think you're correct (whomever said it) that a lot of men reserve tight jeans as a statement for women rather than themselves. That being said, there is also a growing desire, not only in denim, for a narrower silhouette in mens clothing. Tighter jeans, shirts, jackets...clothing that hugs the body instead of being draped in it, while still giving a sense of casuality or non-chalance. One of the for-runners of this idea is Hedi Slimane of Dior Homme, as well as Jil Sander and Helmut Lang. One of their inspirations for this movement was rock music and rock icons such as sid vicious, pete doherty, and david bowie. This desire to emulate rock stars and their glamorous days in the spotlight has translated to the customer in a very passionate way. In a similar vein, many men dream of being superheros when they are young. For these same men, I think it later becomes a rock icon: the ability to live your life on the edge, with passion, and with a sense of 'f*ck all, i'm here to make music'. This can be seen as a fantasy world that the tedium of everyday life can attempt to balance.

If, even subconsciously, these men are thinking of this, I can totally identify. Who doesnt want to be the millionaire/movie god/rock star (thanks fight club for the quote)? I think most of us want, or wanted to, at some point. And when we can't have it, or when we realize its hopeless, we can take into our hands the substitutes and materials that can try to satisfy our unquenched lives: for some its fast cars, motorcycles, tattoos, haircuts, electronics, endless DVD and CD collections...and for some its fashion. However its worn, its an expression of personality, of self, and of dreams. Dreams, perhaps, we'll never see through. But we can take ourselves along the ride.

Each of our styles is unique, even to the most branded of us. And that is what makes clothing so fucking awesome. Tight, loose, or upside down, I get it. I get it, and I see it every day, and when those perfect pieces are found for each, it makes me smile like nothing else.

Thanks for reading,

D

Quote:

i can appreciate clothes that fit, but i just dont understand the skin tight shit i see so much on here, and never will

--- Original message by super_steve on May 16, 2006 08:54 PM

My point exactly. Clothing that fits for a man and those that fit for a woman are totally different fits to me.

Quote:

I think chicks like tight jeans on guys not because they think it looks good on them (the guy) but rather because they envy the skinny look and wish it for themselves. Kinda of a skinny envy thing. I mean really, the last American sex symbol in tight jeans was fucking Burt Reynolds.

--- Original message by damnIam on May 17, 2006 05:19 AM

True, but in the '70s most men wore tight pants and none were really skinny.

Quote:

From what I have seen, working in the fashion industry, is that the skinny jean look on men is still very new and in the minority. Most men would still prefer jeans which are either comfortable (soft and relaxed) or flattering but not constrictive. Most men often don't think they are 'cool' enough to 'pull off' the look of tighter jeans, dont understand the look, or have bigger thighs and couldn't, even if they wanted to, wear them.

I think you're correct (whomever said it) that a lot of men reserve tight jeans as a statement for women rather than themselves. That being said, there is also a growing desire, not only in denim, for a narrower silhouette in mens clothing. Tighter jeans, shirts, jackets...clothing that hugs the body instead of being draped in it, while still giving a sense of casuality or non-chalance. One of the for-runners of this idea is Hedi Slimane of Dior Homme, as well as Jil Sander and Helmut Lang. One of their inspirations for this movement was rock music and rock icons such as sid vicious, pete doherty, and david bowie. This desire to emulate rock stars and their glamorous days in the spotlight has translated to the customer in a very passionate way. In a similar vein, many men dream of being superheros when they are young. For these same men, I think it later becomes a rock icon: the ability to live your life on the edge, with passion, and with a sense of 'f*ck all, i'm here to make music'. This can be seen as a fantasy world that the tedium of everyday life can attempt to balance.

If, even subconsciously, these men are thinking of this, I can totally identify. Who doesnt want to be the millionaire/movie god/rock star (thanks fight club for the quote)? I think most of us want, or wanted to, at some point. And when we can't have it, or when we realize its hopeless, we can take into our hands the substitutes and materials that can try to satisfy our unquenched lives: for some its fast cars, motorcycles, tattoos, haircuts, electronics, endless DVD and CD collections...and for some its fashion. However its worn, its an expression of personality, of self, and of dreams. Dreams, perhaps, we'll never see through. But we can take ourselves along the ride.

Each of our styles is unique, even to the most branded of us. And that is what makes clothing so fucking awesome. Tight, loose, or upside down, I get it. I get it, and I see it every day, and when those perfect pieces are found for each, it makes me smile like nothing else.

Thanks for reading,

D

--- Original message by BostonWardrobe on May 17, 2006 05:54 AM

you forgot raf simons. raf did skinny way before hedi- and did it better.

Quote:

Thanks for reading,

D

--- Original message by BostonWardrobe on May 17, 2006 05:54 AM

I must admit, good read. I think "fit" is a very personal thing. Even more so than than brands, labels, or designers, "fit" to me is steered by my own cultural icons. I love the rock star attitude but I cant even name 6 rock groups if you made me. Although we might wear the same brands or follow the same designers, they way i wear the clothes is what makes them my own AND its what makes me peep the the WAYWT thread on a daily basis (love for everyones personal flavor)

Dress how You Dress and I'll Dress How I'll Dress.

Jesus, I think every 5 pages is a "Go away Niketalkers" rant, and every other 5 pages is a "Skinny vs. Loose jeans" rant..........I still say fuck-off Niketalkers, but for god's sake, post the jean shit in Superdenim........

Quote:

Jesus, I think every 5 pages is a "Go away Niketalkers" rant, and every other 5 pages is a "Skinny vs. Loose jeans" rant..........I still say fuck-off Niketalkers, but for god's sake, post the jean shit in Superdenim........

--- Original message by englandmj7 on May 17, 2006 09:19 AM

Just go grab like six pairs of those Raf samurai pants and tell EVERYONE to fuck off.

Quote:
Quote:

My point exactly. Clothing that fits for a man and those that fit for a woman are totally different fits to me.

--- Original message by mspark on May 17, 2006 07:08 AM

that was a stupid question. its like me asking, why would you like to be swimming in your clothing? its all about preference. obviously.

and just because girls wear skin tight shit doesnt mean guys cant, and still, at the same time, make it look good/different/whatever.

Quote:

i feel like i'm more or less only going to build on / repeat what chris has already said. not pointing the finger specifically at you super_steve so please don't take it as such.

don't assume tight clothing is uncomfortable to everybody wearing it. people make it sound as if those walking around in slim fitting jeans have to walk like frankenstein. the same way you see tight clothing as uncomfortable, if i were walking around swimming in my clothing i'd be ridiculously uncomfortable.

its one thing to not understand a certain person's fit, its another to incessently gripe about it. i honestly think a lot of the fits being posted on this board are absolutely heinous but i'm not running around as if i have some divine fashion mandate.

this is just going to end as the same circular argument that could easily be avoided every 5 pages if people would bite their lip from time to time.

two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

King Stampede

WESC

Levis

Vans

KIF_1165.jpg

the exact same could be said against those of you who choose to wear your jeans as if they were SWEATPANTS. but the difference is, i choose not to say anything. because what would be the point?
Quote: i can appreciate clothes that fit, but i just dont understand the skin tight shit i see so much on here, and never will

DONT understand it then. people can wear whatever the fuck they want.

Edited by chris on May 16, 2006 at 11:59 PM

--- Original message by chris on May 16, 2006 11:54 PM

cosign what chris said.

i just have to add that i was around when the whole baggy thing hit in the late 80's early 90's and i wore some stuff for a minute. i was 14. swimming in your clothes (imo) usually makes you look like a little kid or p.diddy (which is worse, im not sure). i personally think most people wear their stuff too loose in general.

but whatever.

i say wear what you dig man.

and dont be a fuckin hater.

i'm not a mod or a rocker. i'm a mocker.

join a cult. www.culturepopartgallery.com

Edited by cultpop 0217 on May 17, 2006 at 12:10 PM

Quote: this is just going to end as the same circular argument that could easily be avoided every 5 pages if people would bite their lip from time to time.

Exactly. And if you guys want to keep arguing about this, take it to a different thread.

Edited by minya on May 17, 2006 at 12:02 PM