Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

pherrows are really nice the denim is really something special. im not joking they are a sspecial as warehouse or samurai's ill break in a pherrow by next year and you will see...

owner is very kind met him a couple of weeks ago in tokyo shared beer and stories.. he doesnt jack up the prices same as other brands..

his main goal is to show the americana/sportswear world that good quality denim can be cheap

why did the contest didn't happen in the end?

some weeks ago I looked through the thread and it seemed that all was planned and it could have started right away.

I'm not a fan of the exposed yellow backpocket rivet...but I guess in the end it isn't that visible

True it's not always visible depending on the top worn, but I'm hoping the yellow paint on rivet on mine will scratch and wear off eventually. Haven't really worn them that long so I'm not sure if they will. We'll see.

Okay, a bit of info on Enishi denim.

Enishi is a brand started by a clothing manufacturer in Kojima.

Aika uses this manufacturer for most of its production.

Enishi was started basically to showcase the factoy's work and was more of a hobby to begin with.

The first season saw 2 jeans styles and 4 pant styles produced.

Due to our friendship with the owner, Aika became the sole worldwide distributor of the brand.

The two jeans styles were the Yoshi (slim straight leg) & the Ellami (slim bootcut)

The Ellami were only produced in VERY small numbers and only sold through Aika. They have sold out completely.

The Yoshi was a more popular cut and was produced in higher numbers (approx 500 pairs) these were stocked not only by Aika, but several retailers around Australia & NZ.

The ethos behind the Yoshi and Ellami was to make every single pair different.

This was achieved through the denim itself.

The owner visited the fabric weaver and together they produced the first batch of denim by tweaking the tension of the warp & weft yarns as the loom was weaving the denim.

This gave a very uneven denim, and once cut into pattern pieces and sewn together, each pair of jeans produced had a unique appearance.

The jeans produced from this first batch of denim were given to friends and employees to wear for six months before being returned and kept as samples.

I received 4 pairs of these samples on loan from Japan to promote the Yoshi jeans both in-store and to retailers.They were without doubt some of the nicest jeans I have ever seen. One pair had been given to a mechanic and another to one of the guys who worked at the dye house.

Unfortunately I had to send them back, and stupidly, I never photographed them.

The bulk production run of fabric was made to closely resemble the hand adjusted sample fabric.

I have some pictures of the jeans and of my own personal pair but it seems I can't attach them to my post, sorry.

Hope this gives you a bit of an insight into the brand.

Oh, and the jeans are currently available from Aika in Paddington, Sydney if anyone is interested.

Best regards,

D.

I have some pictures of the jeans and of my own personal pair but it seems I can't attach them to my post, sorry.

D.

you have to upload them on a image hosting site like imageshack.us and then link the pics to the post.

really cool to see some pics.

Yes! I've been waiting for some worn pics of the two moon denim. Is it too much to ask for somewhat better quality pics? :)

Not too much wear on these really and they've probably got too much oil on them to show much contrast anyway! But I'll try and get some better pics posted tomorrow. Keep your eyes peeled.

I'm gonna be in Tokyo and Osaka in a few weeks... can anyone recommend some actual stores where I might be able to find some of these great rare brands?

I've been to Hinoya and Americaya in Ueno, but they mostly carry all the main Japanese brands, maybe aside from Burgus Plus, which is Hinoya's own (and which I already have a pair anyways.)

The Yoshi was a more popular cut and was produced in higher numbers (approx 500 pairs) these were stocked not only by Aika, but several retailers around Australia & NZ.

It's great to know that they are still available in Australia... bcos they are no longer available in NZ.. =( I've searched everywhere in NZ.... all the stores that used to stock these garmets are dead or no longer stocks them... (they now stock stuff like naked and famous, nudies, prps)

A few images of my own Enishi Yoshi jeans can be seen here:

http://img21.imageshack.us/g/dsc00586py.jpg/

I have been wearing almost every day for around 4 months.

I bought them a size too small and after about 2 weeks of pain they stretched out nicely.

The image hosting site for some reason uploaded doubles of some images and refused to upload other images.

The last image shows the denim itself; you can see the slightly 'ridged' effect on the fabric which is caused by the different yarn tension throughout.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw that takashi from the denim gallery posted a new pair of jeans from a brand called Mabo. From what I've come to understand it's an in store brand from a shop that been around since 1985 & I guess they started making jeans back in '93. The jeans have recently been reissued but without arcuates & tab. They're quite cheap tho (which is why I found them interresting) & feature hidden rivets & leather patch & as far as I can understand they come in three different silhouettes, XX, 66 & bootcut.

5.jpg

http://www.mabo-net.com/cart/goodslist.cgi?in_kate=102

http://denim-gallery.heavy.jp/my-denim-collection/mabo-mi07.html