Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

afew days ago in okinawa i saw some dude wearing this awesome pair that i couldnt place. it had a blue tab that said 'blueblue' and the arcuates were really interesting, still levi-esque but not quite. it was like a slimmer cut and it had like a red orange solid selvedge. they were dope but no clue as to what they were.

afew days ago in okinawa i saw some dude wearing this awesome pair that i couldnt place. it had a blue tab that said 'blueblue' and the arcuates were really interesting, still levi-esque but not quite. it was like a slimmer cut and it had like a red orange solid selvedge. they were dope but no clue as to what they were.

thank me later http://nollys.net/item/0712/1205.html

edit oh forgot to tell you that the main store for blue blue is hollywood ranch market http://www.hrm.co.jp/

• 4 weeks later...

From my humble blog www.loomchatter.com

The Billiken Man jeans is a beautifully constructed garment. Everything from the beltloops to the button fly facing to the waistband are on point and super playful. The people behind the brand are obsessed with sewing details and offer the mind boggling "triangle" or "three point" overlock stitches (updated, not chainstitches) found on the leg seams, pocketing, and throughout the jeans. As they put it the goal was the "recreation of interlock sewing machines to produce the union special stitches which was considered impossible before." Did they hack their sewing machines?

In line with many Japanese business and craftsman practices they took two American icons, the Billiken Man and jeans, and applied such unique twists and enhancements that the end result is something that reflects pure Japanese artistry. And obsession.

If you have not heard of the Billiken Man you are probably not alone. A quick Google search shows that it was once a popular American pop culture icon that even had popular songs singing its praise. The original Billiken was designed by artist Florence Pretz as a symbol that evoked good luck. Pretz allegedly saw the figure in a dream who told her that good luck can be had by rubbing his feet. It is further believed that Billiken is the namesake of President William Howard Taft. The "ken" part of Billiken is likely a bastardization of the word Can in "Billy Can" as in there are those Billys who can and those Billys who can't. Billiken then is obviously meant to inspire the "can do" attitude that helps a nation get through difficult times.

The Billiken license was eventually picked up by Horsman Dolls, Inc., the American toy company that marketed the Teddy Bear named after President Theodore Roosevelt. Today the Japanese have incorporated the Billiken man into their cast of deities. If you visit the Tsutenkaku tower in Osaka you will find a statue of the Billiken enshrined there.

The makers of these jeans have invoked the good spirit of Billiken to create a jean full of playful details. The orange thread used throughout the jeans are reminiscent of Billiken's hair color and the wavy back pocket stitching reflects the overall features of the smiling, seated character. The company proclaims the jeans "will assure you of the lively and optimistic lifestyles in this challenging moment in our history."

The stitching that appears to be a bartack is actually a zigzag stitch.

If you are ever in need of a shot of luck just rub the Billiken Man's feet wherever you are.

The button holes are beautifully executed with a hand-tied-tail look and a stitch that changes pitch towards the curve.

Billiken Man Website

i tried to find some info on Enishi jeans since i bought a pair last year but there is hardly any..thought i put mine up..

IMG_6984-size.jpg

IMG_6988size.jpg

IMG_6989wsize.jpg

worn them as weekend jeans since i got them, maybe 2-3 months of total days?

well i spoke the guy at the store he said these jeans are hand-woven but i doubt it , i think he meant hand-woven style.. since the denim is slack and very slubby

the donut fly buttons come pre-distressed with rust and all, same with the rivets

the fit is straight slim , mid-low rise

the tagging state 'one-of-one' but i dont know what it means? somebody can shade some lights?

the only other pair ive seen is at indigofan blog and the jeans has green satin ribbon loop in the inside of the waist , mine is gold ribbon instead.

that what one-of-one means? maybe there are other personalized individual details that i didnt realise

That denim is beautiful. Take some large detailed pics of the buttons/rivets and the denim.