Belts

cecil

I feel this weekend some chicago screws will leave my belt and their place will be taken by copper rivets.

I just have to decide stud side outwards (seen on Mikecch belt) or inwards (like corporalclegg's a few posts above). I'm just worried the latter configuration may lacerate some denim threads and cause discomfort even if i smooth their heads down well

^ Hammer in two, one facing out, the other in :P

Edit: Seriously though, I think with a concave burr it shouldn't be an issue. The majority of my belts have the male portion of the rivet pointing inwards. I think Ken and Kurt decided to have the burr on the outside to showcase the technique (which isn't very common in East Asia.)

I feel this weekend some chicago screws will leave my belt and their place will be taken by copper rivets.

I just have to decide stud side outwards (seen on Mikecch belt) or inwards (like corporalclegg's a few posts above). I'm just worried the latter configuration may lacerate some denim threads and cause discomfort even if i smooth their heads down well

Use some threadlocking fluid. The benefit of chicago screws is the ability to use different buckles. If you decide to replace them with copper rivets, don't worry about laceration or sorts. A good rivet setter will take care of that.

Take a look at page 207/208, that's a cilice. Have a good laugh and learn from their mistakes

Can anybody point me in some directions to some nice buckles. Garrison, clipped corner buckles, quality roller buckles, two prong buckles. It's hard to find a nice buckle being sold seperate of a strap.

Mikecch what is that buckle? I love it.

Mission accomplished, swapped the old (and nicely aged) brass Chicago screws for copper rivets. They're a bit too shiny at the moment, but i'm confident they'll start patinating soon to match the rest of the belt they're attached to.

Belt is a Scott creation, W&C leather, about 8 months of continuous wear

DSC00286.jpg

DSC00287.jpg

DSC00288-1.jpg

Here's an update on how my leather belt from Skip is doing after a few weeks. If you're interested in seeing the full resolution hit the Picasa link in my sig and go to the Ooe gallery.

IMG_0471.JPG

IMG_0469.JPG

IMG_0468.JPG

IMG_0466.JPG

393570.jpg

393572y.jpg

warehouse suede ring belt

http://ware-house.co.jp/index.php?page=item&ic=39357

this is the belt i've been looking for, definitely has a nice youthful vibe to it

reminds me of the snuff suede boots kids wore in the 60s

anyone know of usa/euro warehouse stockists that would carry this?

blue in green doesn't look like they carry this

The Tanner belt would have had a concrete chance to appeal to someone here, but I strongly doubt the HTC will elicit the interest of any of the current active participants to this thread.

A good comparison would be trying to sell nail polish to mine workers.

Nevertheless, good luck with the sale

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kawatako has new 17.5 oz leather belts with garrison buckle and another new model made of Horween Chromexcel!

Also, they have a whale leather wallet, but ummm, yeah...

Here is my new belt from Saddleback Leather. It is three layers, all full grain, inner layer is vegetable tanned, the outside is chrome. The inner layer is only between the stitching, so it is a little thinner at the edges, to prevent abrasion. It has a 100 year warranty, and says "They'll fight over it when you're dead" on the inside. I'd guess it to be a centimeter thick, and it is heavy duty. This pick shows it with one of their billfolds if had since December, in the same color:

24141d2f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...