Belts

cecil

19 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

(and how old you are…!)

You cheeky cnut! :D

..in fact i did have a leather belt i got from the vintage shop for a fiver.. fk knows what happened to that? 

I bought some CK chinos from Ryan's Vintage a few months ago for £6.. they're a size 36 and i'm a size 32 but i really like the volume.. they only have small loops hence the need for a slim belt.. i've been wearing an old canvas belt to hold them up which belongs to my missus.. that's 30yrs old so i'm sure this will hold up my pants till i'm old and grey... or older and greyer :)

Edited by Double 0 Soul

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

Edge creasing / border creasing?

Yeah - just creases

It’s finessing - not difficult to do but these days I’ve found most folk (around these parts) don’t want it. It’s very commonly seen on small leather goods where the edge is heated and creased to give a fine finish near the stitching line

• 2 weeks later...

A second belt

for @art.directorofdogs on IG

He always pushes the boundaries - this time we’ve got a silver plated western buckle set, actually a headstall set, with silver plate and brass cowboy conchos, antique brass spots and jewel rings, 1930s glass and Alran goatskin overlays (top end stuff) all built on J&FJ Baker oak tan leather which I worked extra slow so the tallow is more or less undisturbed 

I’ve also made him a tote bag from mud cloth with Sedgwick’s 1800 oiled leather handles secured by solid copper saddlers rivets

IMG_1459.jpeg

IMG_1460.jpeg

These last couple are so beautiful and distinctive, you are really developing a unique style and executing it flawlessly. I’d love to see some more full-length shots of these newer pieces if you get the chance in the future!

6 minutes ago, chicote said:

These last couple are so beautiful and distinctive, you are really developing a unique style and executing it flawlessly. I’d love to see some more full-length shots of these newer pieces if you get the chance in the future!

Thank you

I think the last few are just indicative of suggestions that not every belt is mid brown with a plain brass buckle - that’s not being facetious but all leather goods can have some sort of personality and it’s not wrong to mix things up a bit. Your style, or someone like @cultpop 0217 demonstrates that.

I’ll see what pics I have and either post them here or DM you.

10 hours ago, Suitedupmon said:

Did a double take...looks familiar :smile:

I was a little bit disappointed in that aspect - most folk ask me because they have their own idea and yours was very original. But he wanted what he wanted. Still about the most studs you can put on a belt 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

:laugh2:

… I hate when that happens. 

Yeah, the back/butt or ‘bend’ - Roma-ji = benz 

Pisses me off it’s described like some special thing though, we’ve enough confused nonsense associated with this (tea-core et al)

You've mentioned that before.
But what is nonsense about tea core?

Some belts are dyed through in black e.g., so they will stay black no matter how much wear.
Others are brown underneath. So the term tea core tells me that with jackets, shoes, belts, etc..
Don't see what is hype/nonsense about that.