Belts

cecil

• 2 weeks later...
Uhhh? Letchworth is 10 minutes up the road from my house. What are the details of the maker there?

Nice stuff mike.

edit... Never mind I think I found your guy.

how'd you order?

Good find fre$co!

It's Terry of Celtic Leathercrafts, you can see his stuff at The Shoe Box.

Details are on my blog:

http://indigoshrimp.wordpress.com/2010/09/10/oak-tanned-english-bridle-leather-belt-by-terry-dear/

You'll have to do a custom, since he doesn't usually use 15 oz (apparently people find them too heavy?) Just say Mike sent ya :P

He does have a website, just do a quick google and send him a message to order!

But well worth it - awesome quality, better leather than most of what's on the high-end market, less than 1/2 the price - not to mention completely custom-hand-made by an easy going guy.

He doesn't have any natural tan hide in the heavier weights, but if we generate enough interest, he might hop over to Hamylns to pick some up?

P.S.

He did show me a 15 oz belting leather intended for machines and industrial purposes, and even though it was untanned, the belt was dark brown due to all the oils inside.

This is hands down the toughest leather! A belt made from this will outlast any belt~

Good find fre$co!

It's Terry of Celtic Leathercrafts, you can see his stuff at The Shoe Box.

Details are on my blog:

http://indigoshrimp.wordpress.com/2010/09/10/oak-tanned-english-bridle-leather-belt-by-terry-dear/

You'll have to do a custom, since he doesn't usually use 15 oz (apparently people find them too heavy?) Just say Mike sent ya :P

He does have a website, just do a quick google and send him a message to order!

But well worth it - awesome quality, better leather than most of what's on the high-end market, less than 1/2 the price - not to mention completely custom-hand-made by an easy going guy.

He doesn't have any natural tan hide in the heavier weights, but if we generate enough interest, he might hop over to Hamylns to pick some up?

P.S.

He did show me a 15 oz belting leather intended for machines and industrial purposes, and even though it was untanned, the belt was dark brown due to all the oils inside.

This is hands down the toughest leather! A belt made from this will outlast any belt~

how much was it? sign me up for a 15 oz natural belt.

Only 30 pounds mate (around $46) - absolute steal!!!!!!!!

OK, I will keep a short-list of dudes who want natural/unfinished leather. I'd say if we get to 10 or more people, we might be able to convince Terry to pick up some at the tannery.

(Just PM me; don't want to be coagulating in this thread)

Update: And it's a go from Terry's side - it may be possible for some natural 15 oz belt in the short future.

Sending you a PM too TF!

Edit:

Yay! Over the halfway mark already~

If anyone else is interested, just send me a PM to avoid clogging up this thread.

If your SuFu account hasn't been activated, just leave a message on my blog or PM me on mynudies.

And no, I'm not making any money out of this - purely to share...your order will be placed with Terry, not me - I'm just an update bot.

P.S. Friendly reminder to those people who PMed me to please send me an e-mail!

Willis & Geiger bridlehide belt with brass fittings. It's adjustable from 32" to 42"

002-1.jpg?t=1284747737

Where did you find that? WG has been out of business for years... nice pick up

^ Hey BOF, I think jackandcock is refering to the Angelos wallet, not the belt.

The belt was 6 pounds shipped to Australia, arrived in 6 days - pretty fair :)

As for the Angelos wallet, I think he will only use EMS, which costs quite a bit :(

^ Hey BOF, I think jackandcock is refering to the Angelos wallet, not the belt.

The belt was 6 pounds shipped to Australia, arrived in 6 days - pretty fair :)

As for the Angelos wallet, I think he will only use EMS, which costs quite a bit :(

Damn. I just emailed him about bringing the shipping cost down because I'm not trying to pay that much when it doesn't have to be that way, in return he will only get future buys from me.. We'll see, that wallet is crack

Well, fantastic then. Assuming I can get a silver-toned buckle, I'm good to go.

Send me a PM with your e-mail if you want to be on the list for updates :)

We have more around 15 or so people now!

Damn. I just emailed him about bringing the shipping cost down because I'm not trying to pay that much when it doesn't have to be that way, in return he will only get future buys from me.. We'll see, that wallet is crack

You're getting it from Kurt right? Or from Angelos?

Kurt isn't one to budge on such matters~