Belts

cecil

So do people buy a new belt for each pair of jeans they have? It seems that whenever I see pictures of people's collections, they have a different belt for each pair. Or do y'all transfer belts from pair to pair?

I don't always buy a new belt for each pair, but each pair eventually gets its own belt. Once the combination works, the belt remains on the jeans. But I definitely don't like breaking in a new pair of denim and a belt at the same time. Makes me too conscious of wearing both.

yo farmer, stop fucking playing games man, it's too early on a saturday for this bullshit. we demand more pics and info that belt is the maybe the most beautifuly ugly shit ive ever seen. if there was no such thing as grail belt status, there is now

Agreed. Grail status for sure. That gave a new meaning to 'saddle' leather. That's been ridden hard. Props.

what happened ?????

I think the thread cavitated there for a sec, but I sense we're back on track :rolleyes:

thought you guys might be interested in some more info on Todd's Hand Tooled belt we did for him.

UNIONMADE-TOOLED-1.jpg?1274826138

"A few weeks back Mike and I made a trip down to San Francisco, and had a chance to visit one of our favorite TG retailers, Union Made. Aside from stocking some stellar labels, the shop itself has a really inviting, friendly vibe thanks in part to the two gentleman running things - Todd and Aaron. We wanted to leave something special behind for the guys, and thought our very first hand-tooled belt would be the perfect gift.

Cut from our 10/11 oz. Natural, we went with a traditional floral pattern surrounding their UNION MADE namesake. We rubbed in a Sheridan colored dye to give it a nice tint and really draw out the detail of the tooling. Here's a few more pics of the finished product..."

UNIONMADE-TOOLED-2.jpg?1274826138

UNIONMADE-TOOLED-3.jpg?1274826138

UNIONMADE-TOOLED-4.jpg?1274826138

Mike- that is fucking beautiful!

Bison leather is suprisingly soft for being as thick and strong as it is. My grandpa used to have a giant farm with 10-15 bison back in the day and has lots of leather laying around, I should check and see if there's some scraps I can use somewhere... I bet it would make an amazing belt, not sure about $750 worth though.

here is my original tanner belt. I haven't worn it much but have had it for about 2 1/2 to 3 years or so.

DSC_0055.jpg

I fount a leather belt buckle at a market and love the evo on it. But quality wise it aint all that. Kix, i was wondering if tanner will ever do leather buckles? If so let us know, that would be dope!

DSC_0056.jpg

Anybody know how to stop a leather belt from creaking while you wear it? I ordered a horsehide belt from unlucky last year. It's beautiful, but I noticed right away that it made a creaking sound when I moved while wearing it. I had hoped this would fade as the belt broke in, but it's still at it over a year later. It's loud enough to be a pretty major drawback.

That's interesting...

Is the sound coming from the leather against your jeans, or from the leather against the buckle? I've never noticed that with even the stiffest of cowhide.

I'm pretty sure it's the leather against my jeans. My brother actually had the same problem with his cowhide belt from Unlucky. We assume it has something to do with the way they were tanned or finished.

I still don't regret buying it from Unlucky. It's aged beautifully.

Anybody know how to stop a leather belt from creaking while you wear it? I ordered a horsehide belt from unlucky last year. It's beautiful, but I noticed right away that it made a creaking sound when I moved while wearing it. I had hoped this would fade as the belt broke in, but it's still at it over a year later. It's loud enough to be a pretty major drawback.

Really? I actually LOVE that sound... one of my favorite parts of wearing a substantial leather belt (also Unlucky, but not horsehide)