Belts

cecil

Re-burnished the edges on a small portion of my Unlucky sword belt, the portion near the tip has taken a good beating over the last months.

My amateur burnish on top, and Scott's professional version on the bottom layer:

pb150006.jpg

^ I guess you could contact anyone from Unlucky to Calf Japan...I think the limiting factor would be whether the craftsman has a dual-prong buckle on hand, making the belt itself with two sets of prong-holes on a natural/undyed leather should be easy enough.

Does anyone have an idea as to where I can buy a belt buckle similar to this one (flathead belt):

fhtanbelt0_2.jpg

I recently made myself a Double-Ring belt' date=' and not want to make a simple belt with a buckle like this.[/quote']

Find yourself a decent metal smith (try Etsy!).

^ I had a guy blacksmith me this one. He could probably do one more similar to the flathead.

DSCF0256-1.jpg

It doesn't necessarily have to be just like this flathead one, I like that one too. I just want a simple nickel buckle without any pattern, preferably a roundish/rectangular shape.

How much did that buckle cost you?

I was curious if someone could help me. I'm looking for the page (or guy) who made those "destroyed" belts with all the coper pieces riveted to it. There was all the tears in the belt and what not. It was about 3-5 months back. I've been searching thought the belts page but can't seem to find it. Thanks in advance

Nothing all that impressive, but I did pick up a fairly cheap natural belt while in Italy last month. It was from a small shop selling handmade leather goods near the Pantheon. Snagged the belt for approx. $35. They even cut off a few inches for the correct sizing.

This is taken with about 1 month of wear. You can start to see a little color change around the belt loop area.

5177455432_4ceb008674.jpg

5176464597_9a257320e9.jpg5176465065_cc25ea192f.jpg

Any recommendations on a belt like the ALD ones that are impossible to find? I like the double clasp (if that's even what you call it).

21jq5mo.jpg

I'd love a plain leather belt with that double clasped buckle.

they are definitely nice to look @, but sometimes they get in the way esp if you need to shit or you have a button fly and you really wanna piss