Belts

cecil

What's a good source for belt buckles? I'm looking for a clipped corner buckle but as far as I can tell nothing local to me sells good buckles so I may have to look online.

you can always use ebay...that site someone linked i think it's a minimum $15 order anyways

got a couple of corter belts in the mail the other day...

34gn4er.jpg

2dc7ner.jpg

applied mink oil to the black one so the dye wouldn't bleed and to get rid of that dull look...decided to clean and condition my dogs collar as well which i got a few weeks ago

95pyz8.jpg

10ek56w.jpg

2pqopba.jpg

8xtz81.jpg

you can always use ebay...that site someone linked i think it's a minimum $15 order anyways

got a couple of corter belts in the mail the other day...

applied mink oil to the black one so the dye wouldn't bleed and to get rid of that dull look...decided to clean and condition my dogs collar as well which i got a few weeks ago

Good Knowledge, thx

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Selvage Seb.

A while ago I posted some belts from Dukes Artisan. This is the same belt as they use, but then plain as original..

Embossed with issue date and army/manufacturer. This one is dated 1977

1549bat.jpg

The old post;

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=22129&page=106

Found this one myself, rubbed the moist and dirt of and conditioned it with Pecard antique dressing

My Corter belt. It was the premium one when I got it but I think there are newer ones that are thicker.

When I got it.

2226840285_ded0b8fb24.jpg

Now after 6 months... I got it the same day I started wearing my Dry Bones

Added a keeper from my last oxblood belt and a bigger buckle I had.

IMG_0545.JPG

IMG_0544.JPG

IMG_0546.JPG

A little indigo love.

I got caught on my bike in a few rain storms while wearing this and the water soaking in created some interesting designs in the leather.

got a brown work belt from leather goods connection, 1.5" width (i have a black one in 1" and much prefer the wider belt.)

brbelt.jpg

I hate when the edges get all frayed like that. Needs a nice burnish and wax.

Ditto that.

A good way to burnish is to lightly dampen the edges with water, then wrap a towel/rag around it, grip the belt firmly on the sides, and pull the belt through it a few times quickly in one direction (start at the buckle and pull down towards the end).

The friction and the water will work together to slick down all of the leather fibers really nicely. Waxing it will help them stick together and stay that way.