the "ask an asian" thread.

mizanation

japs are not the sickest fuckers in the world. the germans are the original innovators.

btw, what is your racial/ethnic background? thanks.

i am a chinaman. hence my bias against the japs. it also annoys me how the rest of the chinaman are so ready to treat the ball sweat of the japs as some divine godly nectar. like sushi. i think sushi is dumb but i understand thats just my opinion. but how the fuck can they charge more to NOT cook your food? youd think that shit was free by the way chinaman in hong kong will line up for 2 hours on a monday night to eat expensive uncooked food.

i think somebody should nuke the japs just to keep them in check for good measure. make sure they dont get any ideas.

i am a chinaman. hence my bias against the japs. it also annoys me how the rest of the chinaman are so ready to treat the ball sweat of the japs as some divine godly nectar. like sushi. i think sushi is dumb but i understand thats just my opinion. but how the fuck can they charge more to NOT cook your food? youd think that shit was free by the way chinaman in hong kong will line up for 2 hours on a monday night to eat expensive uncooked food.

i think somebody should nuke the japs just to keep them in check for good measure. make sure they dont get any ideas.

why do you have such a bias? were you born before or during world war 2?!? did my grandfather and his buddies rape your grandmother or something (don't hate, we might be related!)?

your sushi remark is just ignorant. whatever though. stick to your sesame seed oil and panda bears.

true that. i look like a jap/korean kid but im really filipino. when my sister and i visited the malls in the philippines, people would ask us for modeling roles, just because were light skinned.

That's quite normal for foreigners, when I was last there I was mistaken as a Korean pop star. I of course milked this to its max.

i have a question about asian hair. im asian and when i grow my hair out, it turns into a bowlcut/microphone/helmet. the bottom of my hair always goes inward. sometimes i see asian guys with long hair thats kinda wavy and textured and i was wondering if thats natural or if they have to do something to their hair for it to be that way. like these guys with beautiful hair that im envious of:

i89xu7.jpg

DSCN8640.jpg

can i get my hair to be how i want it or do i not have the right genes?

sometimes i see asian guys with long hair thats kinda wavy and textured and i was wondering if thats natural or if they have to do something to their hair for it to be that way. like these guys with beautiful hair that im envious of:

My hair is like theirs and is wavy at the tips. It's annoying in a way because I can't make my hair look a bit sharper.

Unfortunately, it has to do with the way your hair grows, if you want to achieve the same look you'll have to use a curler.

i have a question about asian hair. im asian and when i grow my hair out, it turns into a bowlcut/microphone/helmet. the bottom of my hair always goes inward. sometimes i see asian guys with long hair thats kinda wavy and textured and i was wondering if thats natural or if they have to do something to their hair for it to be that way. like these guys with beautiful hair that im envious of:

i89xu7.jpg

DSCN8640.jpg

grow your hair long and don't wash it. the tuck behind the ear tends to make it wavier. but you have to get it that long first. not mid length, but actually long.

Yes rinsing is fine. Washing with shampoo and such makes it shiny and smooth. Natural oils allow the hair to lay down naturally. Hsu is a pretty grimey dude so maybe just straight not washing it. Also I suggest maybe minor alterations like thinning out certain parts. I remember thinning my own hair and it was a horrible mess and a lot of it become textured and curly. I suggest going to a hair stylist (read: superfashion, Hair products thread).

• 1 month later...

i89xu7.jpg

DSCN8640.jpg

i suggest finding a good japanese hairdresser. some people get their hair permed just for texture but all you really need is the right cut. strategically placed undercuts (when you cut the hair underneath really short) will reduce bulk but keep overall length, and facilitate the layered disheveled look you're going for.

ps. please don't stop washing your hair.

Actually, I had my hair permed about 2 months ago and it basically looks like the top photo in terms of curliness now, so it doesn't have to be done that often. You have to be careful about the hair stylist because when if you ask for a perm, they may give you the same thing Aunt Tilley's got down the street.

It would be best if you know someone who's had it done before successfully, but just bring in a magazine or photo to be certain to see if they can do it. It should be a tighter curl when you first get it, otherwise it won't last. If you think it's too curly, you can get it thinned out which will make it less curly.

• 2 weeks later...

i've tried growing my hair out and i get that helmet, too... but i have to wash it because my hair gets dirty kinda quick and itchy if i don't wash it... i also have really bad dandruff dandruff... why?

okay, so it may not be that great of a question that only asians can answer. i should ask a dermatologist D:

WHY HAVEN'T I NOTICED THIS THREAD BEFORE?!

if you want to grow it out you need to cut it into style. this applies for 99% of people (the 1% being the lucky bastards who would look good without touching their hair). also dont wash your hair with shampoo everyday, a daily rinse with water is good enough. 2-3 times of shampoo a week is plenty.

if you want to grow it out you need to cut it into style. this applies for 99% of people (the 1% being the lucky bastards who would look good without touching their hair). also dont wash your hair with shampoo everyday, a daily rinse with water is good enough. 2-3 times of shampoo a week is plenty.

2-4 times a month is plenty, if you use a water soluble product/you aren't sweating too much on the dome.

any of the asian countries have microbreweries like in america and germany? i wanna drink some good shit.

The answer, nine out of ten times, unless they're mixed...

...hello man-perm.