the "ask an asian" thread.

mizanation

When I see white guys with asian girls, 9 times out of 10 the girl is fugly.

When white guys hear me say this, they'll be like, "no way, man! I used to date this really hot asian chick!".

Fugly?

Fugly.

this is some thread-realness. 9-10 time when white guys say "no way, man! i used to date this reallly hot asian chick!," their true perception of a "hot" asian chick is at best lukewarm.

are you talking about young couples or old couples?

sometimes the white guys get the good looking girls, but that's only because they're not ugly themselves.

other times, they're both nerds that go to uc berkeley or whatever.

asian girls in davis > asian girls in berkeley.

aaaaaannnnd, some white-asian couples are old people, normally american white dudes with some fobby asian woman who want citizenship. it's true. i kid you not!!

no joke! no funny! no "ha ha ha!" !!

...and i've only seen filipinos use both a fork and a spoon together.

^^ I eat like that. Chopsticks only when necessary (asian restaurant), I never get much chance to use them.

My grandmother's husband actually married her for her to be able to gain citizenship. I think he even told her early on that he'd do it jsut for that but he eventually fell in love with her. I thought it was a beautiful story.

I'm going to be honest, as an Asian guy, I feel like dating an Asian girl is kinda weird.

Probably because of goddamn familial pressure. =[

yo, why would an asian guy dating an asian girl be kinda weird? just because of family pressure? shit sounds pretty orthodox 2 me...

I used to live in a very non-diverse part of Baltimore and the only Asian girl of my age was my Filipino niece (from now on I will refer to her as my cousin). So pretty much it's hard for me to find mostly any Flip girls attractive because they all remind me of my cousin and that's not cool.

I used to live in a very non-diverse part of Baltimore and the only Asian girl of my age was my Filipino niece (from now on I will refer to her as my cousin). So pretty much it's hard for me to find mostly any Flip girls attractive because they all remind me of my cousin and that's not cool.

did you fuck her?

are you really 30? i know no asian parents that want their kids to get married unless they have a grad degree and are in the career they'll be in for the rest of their lives

Actually, a TON of really religious asians I knew from college got hitched right after undergrad. Granted they were all going to med school/law school in the process....

after my cousin graduated from berkeley and before he moved to seattle for amazon, his mom told him that if he was serious with his girlfriend that they should hitch because tax is cheaper for married couples.......... but then again, they're not super religous.

i find being called azn very offensive. asian is okay, but not azn. :(

why?

because all those who use azn are always sooooooo asian. i don't know how to explain it.. all of those bopper kids and the aZn4lYfe kids are so annoying. especially now that all these azn kids practice ebonics and their stupid bangs with spikes and all that. what the fuck.

i find being called azn very offensive. asian is okay, but not azn. :(

why?

because all those who use azn are always sooooooo asian. i don't know how to explain it.. all of those bopper kids and the aZn4lYfe kids are so annoying. especially now that all these azn kids practice ebonics and their stupid bangs with spikes and all that. what the fuck.

azyn?................