the "ask an asian" thread.

mizanation

many asians are uncircumcised because statistically, most of us are not jewish or muslim. though, in south korea and philipines, circumcision is popular.

however, there is evidence that japanese people descended from ancient israelites:

http://mizanation.com/mizblog/?p=71

http://mizanation.com/mizblog/?p=72

ironically, in japan, circumcision is a popular procedure--however, it's usually done during adulthood, not when they're young. it's considered more aesthetically pleasing, more masculine--ideas which go back to samurai times.

some asians born in the united states are circumcised just like many non-asians born in the states are--for medical reasons. it was long believed that circumcision is more sanitary and can cut down on infections. many people scoffed at this idea, but guess what? they found out that circumcision can cut down your chances of getting HIV by as much as 50%. read about it:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/07/06/MNGANDJFVK1.DTL&type=printableL

http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/320/7249/1592

are asians taking over the world? and do they all fear Godzilla?

statistically, most of the world's population is asian, so we are well on our way to taking over the world. ironically, the only thing that can stop us IS godzilla. you would fear godzilla too if you saw it trash a city like he was a rock star in the hilton.

because of the honest fact that I've known maybe 2-3 asian people in real life, I really can't distuingish the appearance of people from different countries that well. I know there are obviously differences in the look and appearance of different nationalities, but how well are asians able to distuingish each other? does it depend on the person or is it really obvious?

I know that for white peole, you can distuingish some people from different countries but there are a lot of exceptions and many people are very hard to place based on just appearance. is it the same for asians? for example I personally look quite little like the average person from finland since my hair, eyes and skin tone is a bit darker than average and so on.

so thats the compulsory uneducated white guy question :rolleyes:

really? judging by the photo in the paftan-thread i would think you look like a finn, with maybe some russian in you.

well thats what I usually hear and I personally agree since I am missing the blonde hair, blue eyes and pale skin :o

east asians differ in physical features. you have different mixes of chinese, mongolian, polynesian and caucasian within each country. with filipinos, it's even more diverse with the spanish and sometimes german mixed in with chinese and native indigenous filipinos.

east asians can generally be differentiated via physical characteristics. when physical features are similar, what differentiates different east asians the most is their style. chinese, korean and japanese have different tastes when it comes to haircuts, clothes, shoes, etc.

Guest StuckOnStupid
what percentage of asians wear spectacles?

why are there more asians wearing glasses than any other race?

i'll feild this one.

there are more asians with glasses than any other race because there are more asians than any other race.