the "ask an asian" thread.

mizanation

Why do don't isn't is most of the population of east asia living in poverty while most of white Europe is doing comparatively well? Pick up a grammar book so you can spew racism in our Queen's English, creep.

In Eastern Asia, the governments are slightly more efficient and social services such as welfare, low income housing, social security, government issued food are either non existent or on very low priority. This in theory forces people to be more serious about their education,vocational skills, and career. Also the corresponding taxes are usually optional for the taxpayer. Also Capital gains taxes are eliminated in most cases. Places like Hong Kong and Japan only tax you anything after a certain milestone in salary as opposed to the US and Europe where you're taxed on your whole income. Japan and South Korea also enjoy the luxury of not having a huge portion of their taxes go to military spending thanks to the generosity of the US.

but hell, no need to act like you have never been outside asia ?

taking 2000+ pictures, wearing hideous t-shirts from sights and wearing socks inside sandals...

This description describes Caucasians from Western Europe, Israel, and Middle America.

I have this almost debilitating desire for fried rice and eggs and some sort of sea-faring creature all mixed together in a bowl, but I'm so sick that for two days I haven't even been able to drink water. Do you asians have any magical herbal remedies that will let me eat my fantasy food and not die?

I have this almost debilitating desire for fried rice and eggs and some sort of sea-faring creature all mixed together in a bowl, but I'm so sick that for two days I haven't even been able to drink water. Do you asians have any magical herbal remedies that will let me eat my fantasy food and not die?

plain congee.

edit* funny how sea faring creature is mentioned after my post.... teehee.

Drink hot water with lemon and honey, or hot water with raw ginger.

Have some herbal chicken soup.

Isn't there something like T&T market in Seatown? I've seen Milo in white supermarkets like Safeway.

Seriously? I've seen it in QFC, but its the canned kind, and its crazy expensive. If I want the good powdered kind (the stuff made in Malaysia) I have to hunt around in Chinatown.