the "ask an asian" thread.

mizanation

i love dynasty warriors but have never heard of the three kingdoms game, is it basically the same thing. i buy like 1 game a year so this might be worth my 19.99, not really a gamer anymore

ahlvahroe, romance of the three kingdoms is not like dynasty warriors. RotTK is a role playing/strategy game based on the great chinese historical novel with the same name. you plot, strategize, go to war, build armies, etc...

dynasty warriors is a spin-off of RotTK. if you like the characters in dynasty warriors, you might want to check out RotTK to learn more about the history behind the game.

btw, RotTK is actually based on "Nobunaga's Revenge". now that's real old school, back on NES.

btw, RotTK is actually based on "Nobunaga's Revenge". now that's real old school, back on NES.

is that the one where the ambitious japanese warlords try to take over japan? because if so, i found that game in my storage a while ago and never knew i had it. it was way hard though.

But is RotTH true to the actual historical story?

the truth of the matter is, no one really knows the true actual events of that period of China. the main book is a collection of historical documents and tales with a little bit of literary license.

it's like the Bible. people base the truth on what's in the Bible, but it's not necessarily true that the Bible is historically accurate.

over time, people have changed the way they view the characters involved in the romance period of china. so, even the "truth" changes over time.

ahlvahroe, romance of the three kingdoms is not like dynasty warriors. RotTK is a role playing/strategy game based on the great chinese historical novel with the same name. you plot, strategize, go to war, build armies, etc...

dynasty warriors is a spin-off of RotTK. if you like the characters in dynasty warriors, you might want to check out RotTK to learn more about the history behind the game.

i dont really like rpgs so ill stick with dynasty warriors, and i busted out the NES collection cd and nobunaga revenge was on there, and its very hard.

soooooo who here liked chrono trigger for the SNES? I remember back in the day when my younger brother got that game, official nintendo strategy book and all. he always made me leave the room if he was fighting a boss, since he felt he could somehow concentrate better if I wasn't there. if only we had kept it in mint condition...

What's with Asian cultures and sneezing? Does it always mean someone is talking about you?

i don't know about other asian countries

but that's a common belief in japan (though people know it can't be right)

why do asians dont smell or have body odors like white people or black people or people from europe have? and why do most asians are richer than white or black people and people from europe?

asians do have smells, a friend I had in school always smelt like cut grass, and spike smells like an odd mix of fried noodles and fresh laundry. probably because he does all the cooking and laundry, but still.

oh, also, your grammar&syntax suck.

With the improving fashion scene....Is it ok to dress like a FOB now?

if you wear a crossing guard uniform don't be surprised when you stop traffic.

why do asians dont smell or have body odors like white people or black people or people from europe have? and why do most asians are richer than white or black people and people from europe?

as you eat, so shall you smell. i thought perfume was a huge industry in europe? i hear bathing is also making a comeback.;)