Pride FC and MMA

Haz

It's hard to say. There are so many angles to this fight. Rampage is the superior fight for sure, but he's made a lot of very bad training decisions over the past couple years that, matched with the fact that Evans is probably a bad style matchup for him, could lead to him getting at the very least decisioned out of a win.

Rampage is hands down the best boxer in MMA. With that though, he's lost a lot of his original Muay Thai stylings. Read: The ability to properly check and maneuver around leg kicks, and the ability to stay on his toes. He's a flat footed boxer through and through now. If Rashad can stay on the outside and counter punch and leg kick he might be able to pull it off. Rampage has stated that he's gotten back into Muay Thai though, and that he has a legit training regimen. I'm not 100% sure i buy it.

Evans is also a lot faster and a lot more athletic than Rampage. He's in a legit training camp where as Rampage is training at Wolfs Lair, and no ofense to the brits, but, thats not the place for a wrestling boxer. As Pat Militech said, "I wouldnt Stay In Iowa to train my surfing".

With all that said, if Rampage can find a way to get inside on Evans its, in the words of Mike Goldberg, "ALLLLLLL OVER". You saw Evans fight Thiago, he got dropped and landed on cleanly a handful of times because he gets overconfident and cocky. He thinks his Saturday Night Fever version of "head movement" is actually effective. He'll learn just how effective it is against a real boxer in about 24 hours. You dont wrestlebox your way out of a clean shot on the chin from Rampage.

So...who's going to win? I have no fucking clue, dude. But, I'm 100% positive its going to be a fight worth watching.

k brought up a lot of good points. It is indeed a bad style matchup for both fighters. On paper, it seems pretty even though.

striking = Jackson

speed = Evans

power = Jackson

wrestling = ? (both very accomplished, neither of them have used it lately.)

training = Evans

cardio = normally I'd say 'page, but Evans looks to be in great shape this time...

chin = Jackson

I have a feeling this isn't going the distance. Rampage has a point to prove, and if he take a L, who knows what crazy shit he's gonna pull. Plus, it seems like he genuinely hates Rashad. I can see this one ending in brutal fashion (see: Jackson vs. Silva III).

My prediction = Rampage via KO (rd 2).

Why would you ever give Rampage the cardio nod?

Especially against Evans.

Also, I'm guessing you havent seen all of Rampages fights? Go check out how he's been able to out wrestle nearly everyone. Id say he's a better wrestler, but Evans is definitely in his league.

I'm sorry if that last paragraph sounds like me being a dick I dont know how to word it any better :(

lol, no worries. Rampage has better TD defense, and he is probably the better overall wrestler due to his insane strength.

On the other hand, Rashad is a notorious blanket. Plus, he trains with some serious wrestlers at Jackson's camp.

In the cardio department, Rampage is way underrated. Other than early pride fights, his cardio is actually quite good. I'm not saying Rashad's isn't, but I remember him gassing pretty bad against Thiago, and it almost cost him the fight...

Either way, it's gonna be an entertaining match.

Rampge looked skinny as shit. Not good news for Rashad. His shit talking may have given Quinton that spark he needed to get the fire burning.

RIP Rashad.

Awww Sakuraba :(

It's like the ref knew the Dream guys told him he was supposed to fuck someone out of a win but he accidentally picked the guy that wasnt Japanese.

no way in hell did little nog win that fight. further proof (not that its needed) that you can't leave to the judges.

one of the main factor was probably that he kept throwing the same sweep and dude didn't noe how to stop it so he just grabbed lil nog head.... but i do agree judges do call fights bad

one of the main factor was probably that he kept throwing the same sweep and dude didn't noe how to stop it so he just grabbed lil nog head.... but i do agree judges do call fights bad

i understand that but you can't win a fight just based on sweeps. nog was dominated for two whole rounds.

If Diego would have thrown a proper double he could have finished that and maybe the fight would have gone differently. But as you notice he didnt set up the shot, did a horrible job of changing levels (look at how he put his head down) and paid for it.

Great job by the Brith though.

^and then avoiding the fight...

Which would make sense if he didnt take him down a handful of times and land more than double the shots.

I know everyone hates wrestlers but thats a pretty bad way to look at the fight. If you were fighting a guy that could clearly take your lights out in a single punch, would you box with him?

Gonna post a 3rd time:

Is anyone else like me in that if some fighter comes out to Mobb Deep you automatically forgive anything they've done int the past or will do in the future?

The two things i love the most are MMA and fucking rap. I'm already pumped up that some shit is about to go down, but if you add a Mobb Deep soundtrack then i might even pass out from sensory overload. Shit I get a lil firm when Raaka drops a verse with MMA metaphors. No homo.