Pride FC and MMA

Haz

• 2 weeks later...

I saw two mma related things that made me lose my shit laughing. One of them was this:

cRISm6s9aCA

The other was seeing the news Harris got released. That guy is not a fighter. Yes he fights, but he is not a fighter. I was sure of it as soon as the ref came over to him to let him know he wasnt choked out and he would have a second chance to get into the fight. Harris looked at him, and instead of saying "fuck yes time for revenge" or anything that would indicate that at heart he loves to get out there and throw 'bows, he said, whimpering like a goddamn pussy, "...he held on too long". You fucking baby. Get out of my MMA.

Zubin - let's be realistic here. Hughes' hasn't been himself for the past couple of years. His striking hasn't improved in any significant way, and somehow his wrestling hasn't either. This fight didn't reveal anything we didn't know before, and in fact, panned out how any logical fan would've thought.

ktothe - You serious? The guy goes 3-1, gets cut, and you're happy about it? The guy simply got outclassed by a superior fighter. He then fought off a clean rnc, something that takes enormous mental constraint and endurance to pain, continued to get illegally choked for the longest duration of time I've ever seen someone get choked for while still not tapping, and you're calling the guy a fucking baby?

Some "fans" need a fucking reality check. Realize where you are in terms of your "fighting prowess", then realize how unqualified you to criticize these athletes.

I took a wild guess and made the assumption that you're nowhere near the quality of fighter that even Gerald Harris is. Care to correct me?

And this isn't a comparison between you and me, this is between you and the professional fighters you choose to call "fucking babies". How about you calm down, stop shouting your immaturity fueled by your anger, and reply intelligently. But please, if you feel the need to, list your qualifications.

ktothe, do you always revert to physical confrontation when your idea are threatened or proven wrong?

I don't doubt you could "bury" someone like me who has only 4 years wrestling, 6 months jiu-jitsu, and a couple months muay thai under their belt, but I do doubt your ability to "bury" Gerald Harris. And that's why I rather simply stated, that you aren't qualified to call him a "fucking baby"

I really couldn't write it out any simpler for you. But continue to stay ignorant and keep inviting me to sparring sessions if you wish.

referring to your last post: You called him a "fucking baby" because he didn't stand up ready to "throw bows", not because he isn't a serviceable fighter.

Did you forget your original argument already? You insulted him because of his emotional response, not his physical inadequacies. Somewhere in your posts your seemed to have confused the two.

Let's face it, you can say whatever the hell you want, freedom of speech and whatnot. I just have respect for the fighters than do what I can't, and that's why I refrain from calling them "fucking babies".

Like I said, if you were simply stating how undeveloped is as a MMA artist, I wouldn't have said anything. But that wasn't the case.

Regardless of your opinion of whether Harris is a fighter or not, the fact of the matter is that he was won 3 straight in the premier organization for fighters.

The fact that you called this fighter/athlete/wrestler a "fucking baby" was my contention with you. Sure, I didn't have to question your credentials, because regardless of you being an average joe, or a beast that trains at ACS, I found it highly immature and unnecessary to insult him in the fashion that you did.

Heres another argument to mull over:

Simply looking over a persons fight finder, or otherwise googling his record does not give you the necessary insight to add to any intelligent discourse regarding the fighter in question.

Now after your done looking up the difference between figurative and literal language I suggest you go watch all of Harris' fight and tell me what he has to offer as a paid fighter on the UFC roster.

Please don't recycle the "fight-finder" response that is ever so popular on mma forums.

You have a personal standard of what qualifies someone as a "fighter". You base it on personal expectations of how one should act emotionally in specific situations. I base my qualifications on a fighter's actual accomplishments.

Unless you or I decide to change our opinions on the subject, this discussion will never come to a resolve.

I should've known you were already too emotionally invested in this internet discussion to agree to a mutual understanding.

I seriously can not understand how you don't comprehend my statements and pass them off as "handwave" responses. They are quite simple and to the point.

I'd attempt this just because nothing looks cooler.

sakuraba-royce.jpg

Some ignorant childish posters on here need to be on the receiving end of that blow.

Some "fans" need a fucking reality check. Realize where you are in terms of your "fighting prowess", then realize how unqualified you to criticize these athletes.

Tell me more about maturity.

Are you not able to discern between fighters and elite fighters?

Harris is a fighter, even if an underdeveloped one. I'll state one credible example, just like you stated one (questionably credible) example for why he isn't a fighter. He beat Mario Miranda, a more experienced striker, by holding his own against him in striking, recovering from getting rocked, then knocking him out himself.

Do I need to get into detail of how he beat Salter and Branch as well?

It's amazing. You really think you're making a point there huh?

I just don't see where you think this debate of sorts will end up. From the fervor in your posts, I'd assume you'd want it to end with you "winning", but that's not very likely. We both have our opinions and it doesn't seem like we'll be changing them any time soon.

I'm 100% you'll take this as another "handwave" post, because that's what people who are continually searching for something to argue about do, but this shit is taking way too much of my time and it's downright useless trying to change your opinion on a subject I'm not passionate about.

.He beat Mario Miranda, a more experienced striker

WRONG - not only is he less experienced he's not even a striker.

.recovering from getting rocked, then knocking him out himself

WRONG- He won via TKO not a knockout and it was stopped early and Miranda was unfairly the recipient of a loss.

.Do I need to get into detail of how he beat Salter and Branch as well?

No because you clearly have no idea what you are talking about and will spread more useless misnformation.

I honestly dont even think you watched the fight if you did you certainly need to work your ability to interpet the events in the fight. At this point I can only assume that you are either just some asshole with huge personal problems that make you pretend to be knowledgeable about something you clearly arent knowledgeable about, or you are just a troll . In any case I hope its clear to everyone in this thread that you are either one or the other.