Pride FC and MMA

Haz

im a bit addicted to the UFC right now... too bas GSP's not fighting this saturday... my fave fighters are Arlovski, Liddell, GSP, Vera (coz he's half-pinoy) and Couture.

I cant wait until UFC brings in some real heavyweights so I dont have to see Arlovski fight again. And Vera is an idiot for thinking he deserved more money. I love to see the dude throw knees though. Couture is an awesome dude, I want to have beers with him.

I cant wait until Liddell and Jackson happens.

Yah no doubt about it, pride fighters will definitely dominate those in UFC.

GSP is my favourite in his weightclass~

And Rampage will just kill Liddel any day.

crocop is going to destroy anyone and everyone in ufc...seriously though, most of prides middle tier fighters can probably beat the best in ufc...

Gonna be a bad night for Eddie Sanchez. Pride is the best organization in the world and I hate to think that t may possibly go bankrupt. Hopefully the international shows go well and they can get back on TV. Rumor has it the UFC may get Nogueria too.

UFC 67 will be shown here in the Philippines on free TV this Sudnay(manila time). im quite excited to see jackson and cro cup in their respective matches. also i heard that couture will be returning for 68 against sylvia. that's what i heard, not quite sure yet

Its true.

Pride FC and K-1 is going down in popularity in Japan. Japan is starting to focus their attention to the United States--as shown by their recent Las Vegas show.

Many top Japanese stars are retired or cannot fight at the top level anymore. Sakuraba is injury ridden and old. Genki Sudo retired. Kid Yamamoto quit to try out for the Olympics. Masato has been doing less fighting. You have Akiyama and Shinya Aoki coming up, but who knows if the public will go with them.

Also, Pride has problems with Yakuza-tie allegations from the TV network.

Things go in phases in Japan, Pride's peak was several years ago. It has been declining now for the past couple years. People have started to lose interest.

The new frontier in MMA will be in the United States.

im not much of a fighter myself, but I do find UFC genuinely fascinating, especially watching how two different backgrounds can create weaknesses and opportunities. Like seeing a wrestler with a kick boxer or ju jitsu fighter, I dont really understand the finer details though ( i have an incling you might do though miz ). Here in britain its on sky but most of the time its just re runs of ufc53 or "unleashed". I must admit, im not too keen on the "yeehaww!" style of american presentation, sometimes it feels abit sensationalist.

im not much of a fighter myself, but I do find UFC genuinely fascinating, especially watching how two different backgrounds can create weaknesses and opportunities. Like seeing a wrestler with a kick boxer or ju jitsu fighter, I dont really understand the finer details though ( i have an incling you might do though miz ). Here in britain its on sky but most of the time its just re runs of ufc53 or "unleashed". I must admit, im not too keen on the "yeehaww!" style of american presentation, sometimes it feels abit sensationalist.

I just like seeing two people hit eachother....simple as that. If you take the time to learn the system(MMA) it becomes alot more entertaining too. THere is no "yehaaaw"(whatever the hell that means) style presented, mostly its the carry over of dumb wrestling fans hypeing it and being a horrid rep for the audience.

• 1 month later...
^ Yeah. I hate Tim Sylvia with a passion. He's so cocky yet hes not even that good. I'm glad for Randy but now he might have to face Crocop.

i missed his fight woth sanchez, but from all the other fights ive seen of him, dudes brutal. im not even a big fan of his style, but his kicks will knock the shit out of you.

O3h5LIuKESY

i missed his fight woth sanchez, but from all the other fights ive seen of him, dudes brutal. im not even a big fan of his style, but his kicks will knock the shit out of you.

unless your Mark Hunt, the guy that got axekicked in the face throughout the video. Guy has an unbelivable chin.

crocop is going to destroy anyone and everyone in ufc...seriously though, most of prides middle tier fighters can probably beat the best in ufc...

Not true in the least. Liddell, Vera and Couture could give Mirko a tough fight although he would be the favourite with the bookies in each instance. Pride has a ton of tomato cans fighting, UFC doesn't have any these days. If you look at it by weight class, Pride has HW with Fedor, UFC has LHW with Liddell - there's nobody in Pride at 205 who has a reasonable chance of beating him. Paulo Filho and Denis Kang are top at 183/185 although Rich Franklin and Anderson Silva are at the same level. There is nobody who can compete with GSP, Matt Hughes or Diego Sanchez at 170. A B-Level UFC 170er in Frank Trigg beat an A-level Pride 183er in Misaki. UFC easily has the LW division, Gomi's title is a joke.