Pride FC and MMA

Haz

No problem, I disagree with you though. MMA striking is hugely different than in any other sport and Randy uses his striking to dismantle opponents whilst not getting hit much. Minotauro is another person who I feel has techincal striking but that I expect you feel doesn't.

I went to bed at like 6 to wake up for Dream. I made it most of the way through too. I even got to see the guy bleeding to death when he got rolled over and came back to consciousness But I fell asleep just when Aoki was coming out. I woke up just briefly to see him go for the sub, whispered in the stoniest drawl possible, "fuuuuuuuuuck" then passed back out.

Other intersting things: UFC 121 Lesnar vs. Velasquez. Guess where it is? Anaheim. They might as well have had in Mexico. I'll be there too see the Brown Pride era begin.

• 2 weeks later...

The only UFC I been to was UFC 56 in AC in New Jersey. Arlovski vs Eilers. That was fun, but shitty fights.

No worries at Pride. Dream just got new investors and the "War on the UFC" is now officially underway!

The only UFC I been to was UFC 56 in AC in New Jersey. Arlovski vs Eilers. That was fun, but shitty fights.

No worries at Pride. Dream just got new investors and the "War on the UFC" is now officially underway!

Yeah the whole thing is a joke. 200 million dollars? Please...

Anyway, yes of course the UFC will come to Asia. They just opened up a corporate office in China and sent over a few execs. The only reason they signed Akiyama and Dennis The Failure Kang was to get into Korea. Half of Korean Top Team is already on UFC contract by way of WEC. Basically what they are doing right now is buying their time and sniffing out the market for the next hope from either of those two countries.

I have no doubt that if they can stay as productive as they are now they will return to Japan one day. But as it stands, it wont be for a while. Everyone that would be responsible for putting on a show on the Japanese side will never work wit Dana White or his team.

I have no doubt that if they can stay as productive as they are now they will return to Japan one day. But as it stands, it wont be for a while. Everyone that would be responsible for putting on a show on the Japanese side will never work wit Dana White or his team.

Yo, can you elaborate? I'm just curious, thanks.

Yo, can you elaborate? I'm just curious, thanks.

Sure, the problem is two fold:

1) there is a general malaise towards MMA in Japan.

2) Dana White - His business style is seen as insulting to the Japanese political structure and if you mix that with the fact that they are foreign company its the final nail i the coffin. He's already thrown everyone he's spoken to in Japan under the bus, calling them corrupt Yakuza and generally disrespecting them as people.

Look at the WWE. Vince McMahon couldn't break open the Pro Wrestling market during the wrestling boom a few years back doing everything right to appease the Japanese.

It's just a tough market because of the business culture and the way Americans tend do business in regards to combat sports.

• 2 weeks later...
b6zi48.jpg

if chael somehow magically wins this by anything other than decision it will be the biggest upset in the UFC for a loooooong time.

How exactly would it be an upset? Chael is literally built to beat Anderson Silva. Andy cant work off his back and will probably be put there a lot. Look at what he did to Marquardt.

I dont think Chael is going to win but if he does it's going to be extremely fucking elementary.

EDIT: Other matches that are similar: Henderson Silva, Lutter Silva. If Lutter wasnt such a sad depressing human being he might have come in on weight and won.

Oh and I'd really like to see Hughes enter ADCC or something, his submission skills (combined with great wrestling and strength) are really underrated!

You mean like he did in 98/99 where he stomped Ricardo Almeida for the first time and Horn?

Hughes has black belt level grappling.